Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 07:47 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,988,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D 21 View Post
Awww, I'm sorry! That just sucks!! Trust me, I've been there!

HOWEVER, I've also been on the other side of the situation where I broke up with a guy after kissing and making out with him on several occasions because I just didn't feel the chemistry. I hoped that the chemistry would develop, but it didn't. It's actually pretty easy to fake being interested....

I admit the first time he kissed me, I didn't expect it, but I enjoyed the kiss and thought he did too. Again he kissed me another time during the night and right before I got into my car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2013, 08:08 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Manischewitz View Post
Went on a date Thursday night for drinks with someone online. Prior to our date we exchanged a few emails and were on the phone for a couple of hours laughing. He was telling me how he is dating to find "the one". I said I was too. He seemed like a nice, genuine, outgoing guy. Lookswise, NOT someone hot (his personality is what drew me to him) and he was far from rich (don't want to get accused of being super shallow and materialistic here).

Anyway, date was going well so we had dinner. Date was still going well so we went somewhere for dessert.

He kissed me a few times throughout the date and he was NOT the one to pull away (I did just because I needed some air!).

Sent him a text today saying how I had a great time. He texted me back that he had a good time but didn't feel the chemistry. I asked him if I said or did anything wrong (I mean, he kept kissing me!), and he said he didn't feel the attraction.

I'm just at a lost of words for this. Did he only keep kissing me to TRY to see if there was attraction? I just DID NOT see this coming.

I know it is just one date but it was the best date I had in maybe years. Yeah I know I will get over it and all that, but I just felt like he really liked me.

Normally I'm cool with rejection and I usually can tell write away if there is chemistry but I cannot help but feel really hurt over this. Yeah again just one date but I felt the chemistry. Until I sent him a text, I could have SWORN that he really was interested in me!
Why do women always assume that a guy's hinky behaviour is their fault?

OP you met this guy ONLINE. It's a lucky dip, and not a very hopeful one, with 10 wanna be players for every one person who's looking for something real.

Kind of like a bar really...remember in the olden days we had "one night stands"? You just had one, fortunately without the bad sex.

Get over it and move on. There are some real wierdos out there. He probably was put off by the fact that you asked for a lemonade instead of a coke.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Why do women always assume that a guy's hinky behaviour is their fault?

OP you met this guy ONLINE. It's a lucky dip, and not a very hopeful one, with 10 wanna be players for every one person who's looking for something real.

Kind of like a bar really...remember in the olden days we had "one night stands"? You just had one, fortunately without the bad sex.

Get over it and move on. There are some real wierdos out there. He probably was put off by the fact that you asked for a lemonade instead of a coke.

I was just trying to see if I did do something that "jinxed" the whole thing.

I need to mention that we found each other on Jdate which is a site for Jews. In San Diego there aren't a huge amount of people in our age range. Not saying he isn't on other sites too though as a lot of people are on more than one site.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:35 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
It's possible that he just felt rejected or was looking for more of an emotional connection.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
It's possible that he just felt rejected or was looking for more of an emotional connection.
Again possible. Not sure how rejected he can feel being that we had 3 long kisses and I texted him wanting to go again though and stated I felt we did have chemistry. With the emotional connection, our date was fairly safe with neutral topics. Needless to say after the texts, he could have just said let's try meeting again and take it from there but he didn't so it's done.

I keep refreshing City Data while I am doing work online . I'm not as hurt right now but I like seeing the feedback.

I know I shouldn't let this discourage me from dating but to some extent it has. I feel I want to take a dating hiatus even though I am not getting any younger (hitting 29 this year and I guess I am in the last few years of still being someone "desirable" or whatever).

Old 05-18-2013, 08:48 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Manischewitz View Post
Again possible. Not sure how rejected he can feel being that we had 3 long kisses and I texted him wanting to go again though and stated I felt we did have chemistry. With the emotional connection, our date was fairly safe with neutral topics. Needless to say after the texts, he could have just said let's try meeting again and take it from there but he didn't so it's done.

I keep refreshing City Data while I am doing work online . I'm not as hurt right now but I like seeing the feedback.

I know I shouldn't let this discourage me from dating but to some extent it has. I feel I want to take a dating hiatus even though I am not getting any younger (hitting 29 this year and I guess I am in the last few years of still being someone "desirable" or whatever).
You are so wrong about this!! You still have many many years of being desirable

Old 05-18-2013, 08:53 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
I second that.... 29 is still really young... don't feel that way at that age... but it really is....

Old 05-18-2013, 08:55 PM

A note: when you meet people in person from the start, rather than online, the two people know immediately if there is chemistry and attraction. That is the plus side of meeting people in person the old fashioned way.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Yes, darling. Don't get down on yourself.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
A note: when you meet people in person from the start, rather than online, the two people know immediately if there is chemistry and attraction. That is the plus side of meeting people in person the old fashioned way.
I agree 100% but again it seemed immediate on both ends which is why he kept extending the date and kissing! There was no break in conversation either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships