Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 11:49 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi234 View Post
I'm really looking for a response, interms of what can a dark woman do, to make up for her dark color in the dating world?
Seek therapy to sort out whatever is wrong with her that is REALLY what turns men off?

Truth is, any woman who doesn't fit the norm in terms of hair, skin, teeth, body type, height, etc that is what is currently "in demand" will find herself at a slight disadvantage when dating.

Still, plenty of women who are short/tall, thin/thick, blonde/brunette, light/dark manage to have good relationships, so if someone is consistently striking out relationship-wise? I'd say it's not a superficial issue that's the problem.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:56 AM

162 posts, read 190,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Seek therapy to sort out whatever is wrong with her that is REALLY what turns men off?

Truth is, any woman who doesn't fit the norm in terms of hair, skin, teeth, body type, height, etc that is what is currently "in demand" will find herself at a slight disadvantage when dating.

Still, plenty of women who are short/tall, thin/thick, blonde/brunette, light/dark manage to have good relationships, so if someone is consistently striking out relationship-wise? I'd say it's not a superficial issue that's the problem.
I am definitely going to seek therapy, because I do believe that some of it may be my own lack of confidence. I do get depressed about the issue and it shows. I guess it hurts, because unlike weight or hair color, it's not something that I can change. Trust me, I've tried the skin bleaching and it's all one big scam. Those products do not work at all. I tried even the very high quality expensive ones, and developed a slight rash, so I just avoid them now altogether.

I just sometimes try to figure out why I was born with such dark skin. I don't think it would be a problem if I was a male, but it totally sucks having this skin color as a female. In terms of looks, I think I'm attractive, but the skin issue brings me down. So much so, that I think about it a lot.

I know that there are a few drop dead gorgeous dark models out there, but I'm not drop dead gorgeous, I'm just an average girl, maybe a 7.5 or so on the attraction scale. I have thought about trying to be very happy and nice, because I think that may help somewhat, especially since lighter women know that they have the advantage and may be more likely to exude a more bitchy attitude towards a guy.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
No, skintone doesn't play a role.

However, most men don't really care for women who exhibit multiple personality traits.
Just an FYI.
I know that there was a poster (Nyanna) who kept making threads about skin color, but I assure you that I am not her. I have read all of her threads and I have to say that I understand her issues, because I suffer from many of her problems. I am not looking for sympathy. I was just asking, what can a girl with a clear disadvantage do, to attract more dating options?

I am thinking that personality is important. Also, I make certain that I remain thin too. Any other suggestions?

Old 05-19-2013, 12:19 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,119,969 times
Quote:
I know that there was a poster (Nyanna) who kept making threads about skin color, but I assure you that I am not her. I have read all of her threads and I have to say that I understand her issues, because I suffer from many of her problems. I am not looking for sympathy. I was just asking, what can a girl with a clear disadvantage do, to attract more dating options?

I am thinking that personality is important. Also, I make certain that I remain thin too. Any other suggestions?
If your new to city data, how would you know who nyanna is?

Old 05-19-2013, 12:21 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,819 times
Quote:
I'm new to city data and I thought that I'd post here, to ask the guys, if a woman's skin color plays a role in her overall desirability.

I have dark skin, and it's apparent that in this world lighter skin shades tend to be viewed as more desirable. I've read on a few websites dark skin is viewed as masculine, while lighter skin is viewed as feminine. I'm just wondering what does a girl like me do, to attract a nice man, if I already have that major strike against me?
Sadly, dark skinned women often are deemed less desirable. But not by nice men. It is only an issue with men you probably don't need in your life, anyway.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Sadly, dark skinned women often are deemed less desirable. But not by nice men. It is only an issue with men you probably don't need in your life, anyway.
I have decided to revamp my wardrobe to include more bright sun dresses. Also, I have committed to losing 13 pounds, I'm presently 123 lbs. When I am under 120, I seem to get more compliments.

Developing a very sunny personality may be more of a problem for me, because I rarely smile, due to sometimes feeling really self conscious. I am wondering if there are any techniques that can be used. Sometimes I try to think about very happy things and that immediately puts a smile on my face.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
If your new to city data, how would you know who nyanna is?
I conducted a search last night and read many of her threads. I was thinking to myself that we share the same problems, but she never asked about any solution. Most of her threads were only about her feeling really badly about her skin color. I feel bad about my color also, but I am more upbeat and hopeful that I can do something to improve my marriage prospects. I am thinking that maybe I should target very pale guys. I read an article online that sometimes opposites attract. Maybe a very pale guy who burns easily in the sun would be more prone to accept a woman of my color?

Old 05-19-2013, 01:54 PM

499 posts, read 756,625 times
Quote:
I am definitely going to seek therapy, because I do believe that some of it may be my own lack of confidence. I do get depressed about the issue and it shows. I guess it hurts, because unlike weight or hair color, it's not something that I can change. Trust me, I've tried the skin bleaching and it's all one big scam. Those products do not work at all. I tried even the very high quality expensive ones, and developed a slight rash, so I just avoid them now altogether.

I just sometimes try to figure out why I was born with such dark skin. I don't think it would be a problem if I was a male, but it totally sucks having this skin color as a female. In terms of looks, I think I'm attractive, but the skin issue brings me down. So much so, that I think about it a lot.
Suck it up and deal with it. Plenty of men are born short, are judged for it, are deemed less desirable, and it is something they can't change. I'm sure you're not chasing after short men for companionship, and they still do fine. There are plenty of dark skinned women in relationships. Quit your moaning and only have those who like you for your in your company.

Old 05-19-2013, 01:57 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi234;29635154[COLOR=blue
]I'm new to city data[/color] and I thought that I'd post here, to ask the guys, if a woman's skin color plays a role in her overall desirability.

I have dark skin, and it's apparent that in this world lighter skin shades tend to be viewed as more desirable. I've read on a few websites dark skin is viewed as masculine, while lighter skin is viewed as feminine. I'm just wondering what does a girl like me do, to attract a nice man, if I already have that major strike against me?

IF you were NEW this entire thread would NOT SOUND SO FAMILIAR.

So, let's go over this one more time...........EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN PREFERENCE WHEN IT COMES TO WHOM THEY ARE ATTRACTED TO.

I would be more worried about my own attitude and lack of self worth (YOU not me when I say "my own")

SEEK SERIOUS PROFESSIONAL THERAPY AND STAY OFF OF PUBLIC FORUMS no one on this forum or any other can FIX YOU.

Old 05-19-2013, 01:59 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
I conducted a search last night and read many of her threads. I was thinking to myself that we share the same problems, but she never asked about any solution. Most of her threads were only about her feeling really badly about her skin color. I feel bad about my color also, but I am more upbeat and hopeful that I can do something to improve my marriage prospects. I am thinking that maybe I should target very pale guys. I read an article online that sometimes opposites attract. Maybe a very pale guy who burns easily in the sun would be more prone to accept a woman of my color?

IF you are so NEW TO CITY DATA how in the world would you know to search for THAT PARTICULAR POSTER?

Try again..........

**I'm off to make popcorn.......... someone want to get the cooler filled with drinks and ice?**
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships