Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 04:41 PM

59 posts, read 182,259 times

Advertisements

So I have been into to this guy for past 3 months, he even told me he had feelings for me (I too have feelings for him but he was in fact the first one to tell me) and recently he stopped texting me or calling me. I tried my best to give him his space not to push him to get to the commitment talk or anything but it's kind of getting on my nerves now. I texted him today and he read it but never replied back.

He recently quit his part time job and is focusing on getting a full time job, I understand the fact that when you are unhappy yourself, you can't keep everyone around you happy either but still as a girl I always tend to think that it doesn't take one second to text or call the person you like if you don't get time to meet or hang out. We used to discuss all kinds of things including his problems so he had opened up to me. He was the one who asked me to brainwash him so he gets on track to get a job. I did brainwash him and voila, it was after that he started distancing himself. But I was not mean or anything, I only told him why and how he can be focused and what will happen if he doesn't remain focused. I don't think I did anything wrong plus he asked me to do it.

Am I expecting a lot or he is just being a jerk? It's been about two weeks we haven't spoken at all. We didn't even have a fight or anything, I did ask him if he was mad at me for something I did and he said no. He said he's busy and so am I (I had exams going on at that time) but wtf is this behavior?

I fail to understand guys behavior at times, its more complicated than girls!

I have a great internship starting up soon so I am focusing my mind on that, but how long should I wait to hear from him? I hate when I start liking someone and then they just act whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 04:51 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,345,409 times
If he doesn't have a job, maybe he is ashamed that he doesn't. Even with the economy being the way it is, us men have it ingrained in us that if we don't have a job or some other way to support ourselves, we shouldn't bother...

Maybe if you let him know that you accept him, he might be a little more open to you.

Us men take unemployment hard. We tend to think everyone is judging us. (I know, speak for myself.)

There is a shame we carry when we're unemployed.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:53 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,830,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sash97 View Post
So I have been into to this guy for past 3 months, he even told me he had feelings for me (I too have feelings for him but he was in fact the first one to tell me) and recently he stopped texting me or calling me. I tried my best to give him his space not to push him to get to the commitment talk or anything but it's kind of getting on my nerves now. I texted him today and he read it but never replied back.

He recently quit his part time job and is focusing on getting a full time job, I understand the fact that when you are unhappy yourself, you can't keep everyone around you happy either but still as a girl I always tend to think that it doesn't take one second to text or call the person you like if you don't get time to meet or hang out. We used to discuss all kinds of things including his problems so he had opened up to me. He was the one who asked me to brainwash him so he gets on track to get a job. I did brainwash him and voila, it was after that he started distancing himself. But I was not mean or anything, I only told him why and how he can be focused and what will happen if he doesn't remain focused. I don't think I did anything wrong plus he asked me to do it.

Am I expecting a lot or he is just being a jerk? It's been about two weeks we haven't spoken at all. We didn't even have a fight or anything, I did ask him if he was mad at me for something I did and he said no. He said he's busy and so am I (I had exams going on at that time) but wtf is this behavior?

I fail to understand guys behavior at times, its more complicated than girls!

I have a great internship starting up soon so I am focusing my mind on that, but how long should I wait to hear from him? I hate when I start liking someone and then they just act whatever.
He doesn't care about you. Move on. If a man wants a woman, he'll do things that shows that he wants the woman. If he doesn't, he does exactly what your guy did. Men chase women. It's what we do. You're not being chased. So, move on to the next hunter. Having or not having a job won't make him not call you or respond to a text.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:53 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Maybe he found another woman?

Or he might be ashamed of being unemployed.

But really, if a guy likes you he's going to stay in touch. I've never believed in the whole 'I'm not ready' or 'I'm too busy' BS that people spout. If you like someone, you make room in your life for them period. If you're 'meh' about them, you make excuses.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
If he doesn't have a job, maybe he is ashamed that he doesn't. Even with the economy being the way it is, us men have it ingrained in us that if we don't have a job or some other way to support ourselves, we shouldn't bother...

Maybe if you let him know that you accept him, he might be a little more open to you.

Us men take unemployment hard. We tend to think everyone is judging us. (I know, speak for myself.)

There is a shame we carry when we're unemployed.

He was unhappy with his job and we discussed pros and cons throughout before he quit it. I did tell him that he would rather be home than being miserable at work. So given that, I guess I was pretty clear to him that I still like him. Whenever he approached me, I was always supportive. I did one of his assignments in fact because I knew how to do it.

He always told me I am his inspiration blah blah and now this. I am not going to finish his sentences if he ever talks to me because I want to hear him out but I lack patience until then haha.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Maybe he found another woman?

Or he might be ashamed of being unemployed.

But really, if a guy likes you he's going to stay in touch. I've never believed in the whole 'I'm not ready' or 'I'm too busy' BS that people spout. If you like someone, you make room in your life for them period. If you're 'meh' about them, you make excuses.
I agree with you there! I don't know if he found another woman (He always complained because he lives in a small town with ugly women, I live in the city but WHO KNOWS) Honestly I stop my attention after a while. I have too much self respect

Old 05-19-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
He doesn't care about you. Move on. If a man wants a woman, he'll do things that shows that he wants the woman. If he doesn't, he does exactly what your guy did. Men chase women. It's what we do. You're not being chased. So, move on to the next hunter. Having or not having a job won't make him not call you or respond to a text.
I fail to understand the extremely opposite behavior, we spoke everyday, hung out A LOT. But whatever, I can't waste time with this guy. If he talks, I'll listen and judge if his reasons are even excusable.

Even I am worried about getting a job but I don't ignore people.

Old 05-19-2013, 05:04 PM

1,092 posts, read 3,436,186 times
It's never a good idea to act like a guy's mother--even if he asks you to behave that way. At some point he'll resent it or you'll get tired of it. Ambition has to come from within.

Old 05-19-2013, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlove71 View Post
It's never a good idea to act like a guy's mother--even if he asks you to behave that way. At some point he'll resent it or you'll get tired of it. Ambition has to come from within.
haha exactly! I told him I don't like to babysit people a lot on such topics, I wonder if that's the reason he stopped talking

Old 05-19-2013, 05:34 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,236,547 times
He's just not that into you. If he were, he'd talk to you. Guys are pretty basic that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships