Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 04:59 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,823,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffael View Post
if she's begging to be in the same room with you, you should already know what time it is

get out asap, never meet her

she's obviously extremely desperate and/or crazy

no self-respecting, normal, girl will beg a man to be in the same room, it would be the opposite in fact
He's gonna wake up without a kidney. Or wishing that was the least of his problems.
I agree, the woman is nuts. Reverse it. What if you were a man begging a woman to share a room that you met on the internet. I'd call that CREEPY with a capital CREEPY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 05:21 PM

164 posts, read 356,775 times
I feel like we're being trolled at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if this girl found Brok's thread about being alone forever and is totally taking advantage of it. I'm still creeped out by all involved.

I don't get how someone who has never had a female friend and was bemoaning the fact he wants to die (and indicated a ton of self-loathing) can meet a girl in less than what... two weeks who wants to shack up with him. Seems all to convenient.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:40 PM

145 posts, read 358,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Clue: she can't move in with you if she's a Canadian citizen. How's she going to get a residency visa? Max she can stay in the US is a few months. How would she get a job? She's not authorized to work in the US.
Just because you have stuff in common doesn't mean you'll get along, or even that you'd find each other attractive in person. I'd not only stay in separate rooms, if I were you, I'd stay in separate hotels. This doesn't look good.

If you don't like the South, move out of the South.

she's a US citizen also so she can

Old 05-20-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbutter View Post
I feel like we're being trolled at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if this girl found Brok's thread about being alone forever and is totally taking advantage of it. I'm still creeped out by all involved.

I don't get how someone who has never had a female friend and was bemoaning the fact he wants to die (and indicated a ton of self-loathing) can meet a girl in less than what... two weeks who wants to shack up with him. Seems all to convenient.
when I wrote that thread I was knew about her, chatted with her, I'm still alone, what's the point of it just being an internet relationship? that's like a typing online relationship, I'm still alone, I won't be when I meet her

Old 05-20-2013, 05:43 PM

actually, I know people who lived long distance, met each other and are together right now, so all of this " it's not going to work" suggestions is nothing but negativity

Old 05-20-2013, 05:54 PM

164 posts, read 356,775 times
No one is saying long distance doesn't work. However, you don't have a foundation and honestly don't know each other. People obviously portray themselves as how they want to be perceived when it comes to the internet.

Everyone is telling you to be careful. In your previous threads, did you do anything or take any of the advice that people gave you? And now it seems like you're jumping the gun because this girl is interested in you - alarmingly so. Honestly, if you weren't happy with yourself when you wrote that initial post, I doubt that this could ever work. It seems to me that you're thinking this girl is your ticket out and will miraculously change your life by meeting/being with her.

That's besides the point, though. Now it sounds like the facts you're giving are contradicting themselves. She lives in Canada but is a US citizen? What? One would reasonably assume that she is Canadian. Are her parents expats? Like I said, it all sounds too convenient.

No one is trying to rain on your parade, but all of this is sketchy. If it's too good to be true, you might end up in a hotel without your kidney.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:55 PM

61,597 posts, read 86,909,002 times
Few things are quite odd:
- you are visiting her in her country, in her city... why does she need to overnight with you in a hotel? doesn't she have her own place where she sleeps?
- she is 20, has social anxiety but she insist to sleep with a guy she never met in person, the first night they get together? That does not sound like social anxiety to me, and does not makes her a men-shy at all.
- I don't know what is her agenda, but seems that yours and hers are not the same
- she might want to have the same interest like you, and be your mirror match, because she wants you to like her
- I think she knows you are desperate man, and she she plays her game for her reasons
- I would think twice about how serious the relationship will be if a woman INSIST to sleep with me the first night we meet. What is her problem with two separate rooms? Maybe she just found out that she is pregnant and now is desperately looking for a suitable "father"? That's why she wants to sleep with you, as soon as possible?

Old 05-20-2013, 06:40 PM

37,564 posts, read 45,921,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokconl View Post
move together because it will be easier for us, she's doesn't want to live with her mom anymore, I don't want to live where I am anymore, I don't know what you mean by meal ticket, she was going to pay for my plane ticket, but I told her no thanks.
NOOOOO!!!! You have NO idea of what you are doing. Do NOT make any plans with a person that you have never even met!!! Good GRIEF!!!

Old 05-20-2013, 06:54 PM

102,176 posts, read 107,718,448 times
OP, did you hear the true story about a university professor who was so lonely he fell for a con thinking it was a real model in South America that wanted to meet him and date. So he flew down to her country, but she wasn't at the airport. Instead somehow he ended up picking up a piece of what was supposed to be her luggage at the airport (he thought it was her he was in touch with regularly by email, and her instructions), and transporting it across another international border (to where she was supposedly doing a spur-the-moment change-in-schedule modeling gig), and he got nailed on drug charges. He's still in jail down there.

Lonely men are really vulnerable, and scam artists know it.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, did you hear the true story about a university professor who was so lonely he fell for a con thinking it was a real model in South America that wanted to meet him and date. So he flew down to her country, but she wasn't at the airport. Instead somehow he ended up picking up a piece of what was supposed to be her luggage at the airport (he thought it was her he was in touch with regularly by email, and her instructions), and transporting it across another international border (to where she was supposedly doing a spur-the-moment change-in-schedule modeling gig), and he got nailed on drug charges. He's still in jail down there.

Lonely men are really vulnerable, and scam artists know it.

lol, this is nothing like that, I'm not even going to meet her at the airport, we will be in separate hotel rooms and if she tries something funny I am prepared, I spoke with her on the phone, she isn't a model, she wasn't advertising herself, we been in verbal fights already just like others are when they are in relationships, etc... we make up, back to normal, so what are you saying? don't meet this person? stay in my bedroom and wait until I finally die? because that's what I'm doing right now, seriously, that's what I'm doing right now in my life, just waiting to die, I don't want that, I want change, I want positive change, this is the only positive opportunity in my life right now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships