Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 03:05 PM

145 posts, read 358,717 times

Advertisements

A girl I met online who has many things in common with me wants to stay in the same hotel room. I've been chatting with her online, just typing, but I spoke with her on the phone once so far and we will speak on the phone several more times before I meet her up in Canada. I told her we will be getting separate rooms but she keeps begging for us to be in the same room. I will be there for about 3 days to see if I like her and she likes me and if we can somehow make it work and move with each other. If it works out, she will visit me in my state a few months after I see her which will be late September or October. She will visit me by the end of the year. That's when we will make the move happen. But still, this will be the first time I will be seeing her. I know a lot about her but we never seen each other in person. I will be too nervous to be sleeping with a girl in the same room. I won't be able to sleep. I have social anxiety and my social skills aren't that good to begin with. She has social anxiety also. I never wanted a girlfriend and I'm 28 right now. She will turn 20 this year. I will turn 29. I never wanted a girlfriend until now. I only want a girlfriend if she is like me. I seriously doubt a relationship with a girl who is the opposite of me, outgoing, etc... will not work. But there are so many things I have in common with this girl that I'm planning to visit her in Canada like I mentioned before. I want a girlfriend only if I can be myself and not have to change--- being quiet, shy, social anxiety,--- and if I have many things in common with her. But what do you guys think about sleeping in the same hotel room the 1st time we meet? Is that strange?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 03:08 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
You're going to give it 3 days before you decide if you want to move in with her?

Is this a mail-order bride situation? wtf??!

Old 05-20-2013, 03:10 PM

192 posts, read 382,117 times
if she's begging to be in the same room with you, you should already know what time it is

get out asap, never meet her

she's obviously extremely desperate and/or crazy

no self-respecting, normal, girl will beg a man to be in the same room, it would be the opposite in fact

Old 05-20-2013, 03:12 PM

5,210 posts, read 4,671,795 times
No amount of preparation can predict what will happen when you two meet in person. Just go with whatever happens and think of it as another step in dealing with your social anxiety.

Old 05-20-2013, 03:17 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Yes it is strange. This summer I am supposed to go away for a week with my boyfriend and his family and we will not sleep in the same room. I've known him for a year and know his family yet we don't want to be in the same room.

Old 05-20-2013, 03:30 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
I don't think this is going to work in your favor. Get a grip.

Old 05-20-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You're going to give it 3 days before you decide if you want to move in with her?

Is this a mail-order bride situation? wtf??!
no, not just 3 days, but if it works out she will visit me for some days and THEN we'll move together, How else am I supposed to be dating a girl all the way in Canada? I can't visit her during the weekends.

Old 05-20-2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffael View Post
if she's begging to be in the same room with you, you should already know what time it is

get out asap, never meet her

she's obviously extremely desperate and/or crazy

no self-respecting, normal, girl will beg a man to be in the same room, it would be the opposite in fact
I think it's different in this case, it's just crazy how many things we have in common. she only had 1 boyfriend, I never had a girlfriend, how am I suppose to date her when she lives all the way in Canada? She said if it works out with me and her that we can live together anywhere I want which means even in the states if I choose. This is the closest I've gotten to having a girlfriend. I don't want a girlfriend from the current state I'm living. I'm not attracted to them. Originally from New York I am, now living somewhere in the south, I'm not attracted to these girls, it's a different culture, just different everything.

Old 05-20-2013, 03:38 PM

Am I supposed to not take this opportunity and just remain single forever? I mentioned before, I don't care for the girls in the state I'm currently in, I don't like this state, I want nothing to do with it really, I'm just temporarily living here, if I get a girlfriend it's going to be in New York, Canada is close. This is it, the only opportunity I had in my ENTIRE life, not only that but it's like I met the female version of me, it's crazy. I still don't want to stay in the same room.

Old 05-20-2013, 03:40 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Why do you have to MOVE IN together??

You should not move in together in order to date. You can live separately in the same city and still date.

Perhaps she is looking for a meal ticket. TREAD CAREFULLY!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships