U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 05:01 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,191,565 times

Advertisements

I took a break from online dating. But besides men I met there and men I've known from before, I have had men around me. Lately, I have attracted the biggest players around- no joke. It is possible there are a lot of players out there and so they need to approach a lot of women (I am not going anywhere new by the way) , or maybe I couldn't spot them before but all of a sudden they are all around. Any guesses as to why? I come off as innocent but I am quite smart and am not an "easy" girl, so really I'm not at all what they're really looking for. Has this happened to anyone else? What is going on? Or is it just coincidence? (3 so far this month . . .)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 05:11 PM

12,308 posts, read 14,591,185 times
How are you defining "player"?

Old 05-20-2013, 05:15 PM

2,766 posts, read 3,628,892 times
If you live in the north, it may be caused by the weather finally warming up. The dogs are coming outside to play after a long cold winter.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:27 PM

19,126 posts, read 24,202,889 times
You're a challenge.

Players will play different women, but they will also have a few that are a bit more difficult to get. Once they get them, they'll feel accomplished and move on.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:40 PM

3,524 posts, read 3,442,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
You're a challenge.

Players will play different women, but they will also have a few that are a bit more difficult to get. Once they get them, they'll feel accomplished and move on.
Define 'get'...

But yeah, women who fall easily hardly ever get far. I mean, if I've texted you once, called you, and I'm already looking at a first date, I'm probably cancelling and going out to a bar.

Then there are the ones who you can talk to, hang out with, think about...for months, and they'll still just be 'I like you, but not like that...', and that's when you start digging in your heals. It's like 'how can she not like me?' combined with 'why would she like me?'....

Nothing better/worse than a stubborn girl.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:51 PM

16,418 posts, read 11,911,900 times
I think with the popularity of online dating there are an abundance of men that think they are Players. Now, in addition to the standard suave confident player types there are ugly awkward wanna be unsuccessful players.. I've seen a couple of them in action trying to approach friends of mine and it is Ugly

Old 05-20-2013, 05:58 PM

246 posts, read 294,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
Define 'get'...

But yeah, women who fall easily hardly ever get far. I mean, if I've texted you once, called you, and I'm already looking at a first date, I'm probably cancelling and going out to a bar.

Then there are the ones who you can talk to, hang out with, think about...for months, and they'll still just be 'I like you, but not like that...', and that's when you start digging in your heals. It's like 'how can she not like me?' combined with 'why would she like me?'....

Oif. I'm glad I'm in a relationship. Dating is too much work.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:06 PM

19,126 posts, read 24,202,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
Define 'get'...

Have sex with, win over, have them develop feelings only to reject them.

I think 'players' are nothing more than manipulators and they get off on messing with people. Women are unfortunately easy targets for many of them.

As for the stubborn girl, once she changes her mind and decides to give you a chance I can all but guarantee you'd become disinterested. You like the chase...just like most players.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:26 PM

227 posts, read 312,559 times
lol..I attract a lot of players too..I am pretty good at rejecting the obvious ones, but the "quiet" ones are the sneakiest kind. Some guys like the thrill of the chase of pursuing a girl who was initially disinterested.Then as soon as she develops feelings, he will act indifferent and pull away. I find that most of these men are insecure and narcissistic with some psychopathic traits. Some times its for their own entertainment or to past time. I think they tend to look for highly successful, attractive, quiet, and/or shy girls because what's better than bringing someone of "high quality" down to their level. These type of men only use manipulation because they don't have the social skills to attract and keep women interested in them long term once the mask falls off.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:36 PM

6,285 posts, read 3,291,425 times
They're not players, they just crush a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships