Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 11:38 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times

Advertisements

Are we talking about having sex, a relationship, life, what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 05:49 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,181,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
I don't think you two are quite as "weird" as you may think, nor do I think that what you're describing is necessarily even "guy like," just more socially acceptable for guys. Lots of women share your view on some level, but have been socialized to be ashamed of it, hide it, or deny it.

Yep. I would agree with this. Add fear it. Fear than being sexual will somehow reduce them to being "only" wanted for sex.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:44 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,598,333 times
For me it doesn't mean no emotion, and it doesn't even necessarily mean no romantic feelings. It just means no jealousy and no desire to control or possess the person. Just because a woman and I have feelings for each other doesn't mean we can't also have feelings for other people or enjoy sex with other people. She doesn't belong to me, nor I to her.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:21 AM

1,755 posts, read 2,996,141 times
I've tried it and know it's possible for me...but um....turns out like healthy cords. Go figure!

Old 05-21-2013, 09:24 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,466,473 times
NSA does not mean no emotions. It simply means that there is no need of or expectation for any kind of commitment or ongoing relationship. Of course there are emotions. There at least needs to be lust, and hopefully like, and preferably caring for each other's pleasure.

I think most people realize this and can handle it. Some may delude themselves because they secretly or subconsciously want more, but even so, as adults they need to take responsibility for the outcomes of their decisions.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:58 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,957,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
I don't think you two are quite as "weird" as you may think, nor do I think that what you're describing is necessarily even "guy like," just more socially acceptable for guys. Lots of women share your view on some level, but have been socialized to be ashamed of it, hide it, or deny it.
I agree with this post.
Mainly, women are kind of socialized to link emotion to intimacy. But once many get to a certain age, they realize they don't care about stereotypes and society, and they do what they want, when they want. But they just don't advertise it to friends or whatever.
I know some women that sneak out at 1am, 2am, 3am, and then go home and NO ONE is the wiser.
But really, IMO, I almost am convinced women are BETTER at NSA than men. Especially if it is good for both parties.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:07 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,229,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
NSA does not mean no emotions. It simply means that there is no need of or expectation for any kind of commitment or ongoing relationship. Of course there are emotions. There at least needs to be lust, and hopefully like, and preferably caring for each other's pleasure.

I think most people realize this and can handle it. Some may delude themselves because they secretly or subconsciously want more, but even so, as adults they need to take responsibility for the outcomes of their decisions.
I completely agree. I've had the NSA and yes, there was some emotion. There is no emotion of jealousy and no romantic emotion but there is lust and there is somewhat caring for one another. I firmly believe it takes a certain type of personality that can handle this type of relationship.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:07 AM

76 posts, read 127,652 times
Default Of course there is NSA...

Of course there is such a thing. Its mostly a matter of being able to separate physical from romantic connections with people. Similar to what others have said here, you can have a emotions, like feeling pretty dang awesome, but that doesn't mean you're creating a lasting bond with someone. Sometimes it's just sex and that's ok.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:58 AM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kateliny View Post
Is there such a thing?

I heard some people do it? What is the psychological effect after the deed? Do men and women feel the same way? The loneliness, empty feeling?

If you have experience it, tell me about how you feel afterward?
In my friends' experiences, it doesn't work in the end. Even without LOVE, people have emotions. When you try to approach a relationship mechanically, its not going to work. Feelings get hurt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships