Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 02:27 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I have not been feeling very confident or happy lately. In fact, I feel lonely, hopeless, and unhappy with myself. My social life is just not the same as it used to be.

Just how badly am I shooting myself in the foot by not being able to get out of feeling depressed?

I won't even be friends with negative people. I can't imagine women think differently, no one wants to be around a negative nancy.

Confidence isn't some big secret to life or dating. If you aren't happy with your life, change it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 05:04 PM

551 posts, read 1,121,805 times
Quote:
I have not been feeling very confident or happy lately. In fact, I feel lonely, hopeless, and unhappy with myself. My social life is just not the same as it used to be.

Just how badly am I shooting myself in the foot by not being able to get out of feeling depressed?
Listen to some music, I do that when im in a funk and i get back to my normal self. Then again, I dont know what songs you listen to.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:36 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,937,635 times
Depression is a mental illness. It can be treated. Talk to your medical doctor and see if he/she has any ideas.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:46 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,225,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Depression is a mental illness. It can be treated. Talk to your medical doctor and see if he/she has any ideas.
Hell to the no. My friends brother attempted suicide while on that ****. I don't trust psychological drugs.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:52 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,345,409 times
Quote:
Hell to the no. My friends brother attempted suicide while on that ****. I don't trust psychological drugs.
I remember when the solution to persistent negative feelings was to find out what it is that was causing the problem and address it.

Now, if you feel sad, take a happy pill.

It is better for you to smoke some marijuana.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:53 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,987,854 times
I don't know any attractive guys who lack confidence. Maybe they just hide it well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I've read on another forum that, "An ugly guy with high confidence is more likely to get a girl than a great looking guy with no confidence." Posters gave the op all the thumbs ups and I almost threw up.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:14 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
See a psychologist (no drugs). If you're still in school, you can see one for free, probably. Sometimes depression is the result of bad mental habits. ("I can't get a date. I'm worthless." --just an example). Sometimes it's the result of some past issue that needs to be addressed. Give it a shot, Kid. Or maybe you just need to hang out with friends more, get a support network going.

What are you doing this summer, btw?

Old 05-21-2013, 08:55 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,937,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
See a psychologist (no drugs). If you're still in school, you can see one for free, probably. Sometimes depression is the result of bad mental habits. ("I can't get a date. I'm worthless." --just an example). Sometimes it's the result of some past issue that needs to be addressed. Give it a shot, Kid. Or maybe you just need to hang out with friends more, get a support network going.

What are you doing this summer, btw?
Good points. The family doctor may have referrals to psychologists or licensed clinical social workers, neither of which would prescribe drugs, and both of which could help talk through some of these negative emotions.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:58 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Why are you sad?

Old 05-21-2013, 09:00 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
confidence is not only highly attractive to women but to men as well. people will follow confident failures to the ends of the earth and off the cliff but one thing that they cant stand is someone who questions themselves and doubts and hesitates. uncertainty and self doubt is like skunk juice to women.
but trying to attract women is not a goal for me. being attracted to beauty and life around me is the goal.
as i appreciate and enjoy small things around me, cats and plants, i am more receptive to beauty. nothing greater to take away my confidence in the universe than to think i am not getting what i deserve. when i learned to do this the women lined up to be with me (also cats).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships