Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2013, 09:51 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You didn't read the article. According to the creator, "there are 3.3 Million people who use the site every day, of those there are only 6,041 single women looking for Intimate Encounters. Of those 6,041 women, the ones with hot pictures are mostly men pretending to be women. Intimate Encounters on POF can be summed up as a bunch of horny men talking to a bunch of horny men pretending to be women."

Clearly, if he wants the site to be a reputable one, then he has to make such changes.
This ought to give everyone pause...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 03:32 PM

732 posts, read 1,045,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Nope. I maintain they're both the same. Nobody decent uses craigslist to find dates regardless of careers.
Are you calling me indecent? I have used Craigslist to find dates and I have a good job, own a home, pay my bills, etc.

I found a perfectly good woman on Craigslist, a nurse, that I dated for nearly 2 years. Are you calling her indecent?

I've received responses from accountants, nurses, business owners, teachers, middle managers and plenty of other occupations, white-collar to blue-collar on Craigslist. Are you calling all of those people indecent?

How do you justify your stated claim now?

Old 05-22-2013, 03:42 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
Are you calling me indecent? I have used Craigslist to find dates and I have a good job, own a home, pay my bills, etc.

I found a perfectly good woman on Craigslist, a nurse, that I dated for nearly 2 years. Are you calling her indecent?

I've received responses from accountants, nurses, business owners, teachers, middle managers and plenty of other occupations, white-collar to blue-collar on Craigslist. Are you calling all of those people indecent?

Again, a career does not make a person decent or indecent.

You lucked out and are more an exception than the rule.

I stand by my opinion of craigslist.

Old 05-22-2013, 05:53 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post

THANK YOU. Not sure why so many people think CL is filled with ALL CRAZY PEOPKE

Old 05-23-2013, 11:10 AM

810 posts, read 1,808,222 times
Oh no! A guy who used to have his dating site free of charge will now start charging memberships in an attempt to improve his marketing! We must immediately RAGE over the fact that the OWNER is doing what he wants with HIS site!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously? Raging over a dating site that now wants to charge? Was POF ever really that good in the past? I'm a big proponent of the philosophy of "you get what you pay for," and I see what he is doing as an attempt to get people who are more serious about genuinely wanting to meet new people into his site, as opposed to the bastions of people who make no effort or who simply want a hookup.

And yes, I know that there are exceptions, but you can find exceptions to anything if you look hard enough.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:13 AM

322 posts, read 584,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Typical female on POF..... overweight/no job/2 kids... seeking Harvard educated lawyer with six pack abs who can provide

So true.

Old 05-23-2013, 12:08 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
I tried sending a 22 year old a message last night and I got a message saying........"She is not accepting messages from anyone your age"

Oh well..............Back to craigslist

Old 05-24-2013, 07:22 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,163 times
I think POF Markus is getting Mark Zuckerberg syndrome, especially stupid when OKCupid is cleaning his clock as the most popular free site

Old 05-24-2013, 08:15 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,228,582 times
Perhaps he will make it harder for men join. Have some income requirements or other tangible requirements that will weed out larger number of men (require W2s copy of titles, etc) so the rest that didnt fail at life can have a chance of finding a woman.

If all he does is make it a pay site without weeding out a large number of men and also weeding out the women who are just on for attention then the membership will suffer. People are not going to pay good money unless they are getting results.

Match.com suffers because they allow people to create free profiles, if they want a serious dating site they should not allow someone to even set up a profile without being pre screened and paying, this week weed out the women doing it solely for attention.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:16 PM

415 posts, read 615,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
So, it comes down to.....women getting too many messages from older guys. What a horrific, horrific thing. Why do these old losers bother to grab an attention of someone who could just ignore them. Nothing worse in this world then getting too many messages on a dating site.
Its a business. Women leave the site when they get hit on by geezers. Ergo, it makes business sense to get tough on the geezers. I quit online dating over it. I am 30; I was getting hit on by men TEN YEARS OLDER than my FATHER. My father is 55. Disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships