Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 05:12 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
>Did he turn out to be cheating on you?

Yep, towards the end of our relationship.
I meant, when he got upset that you brought cookies to his work. That is the behaviour of someone who wants to appear single in public. Or, you know, partnered with someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 05:14 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,054 times
Quote:
No, I have never been deeply in love.
I think that if you have sex before falling mutually in love, or at least being halfway there, it might tend to set the relationship firmly in the 'casual' category. Depends on the people involved and all that, but it's something to consider.

Old 05-22-2013, 05:18 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I meant, when he got upset that you brought cookies to his work. That is the behaviour of someone who wants to appear single in public. Or, you know, partnered with someone else.
Yeah, he was very vocal that he was embarrassed to be seen with me in public and that he didn't consider me attractive enough to be with him. Whenever we went out he always walked a few steps ahead of me and there was ZERO indication that we were a couple at all. I thought this was normal guy behavior for a long time, but it turns out I was a bit wrong. I just thought he didn't like any type of PDA.

Old 05-22-2013, 05:26 PM

523 posts, read 839,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
No, I have never been deeply in love.
I wonder if you have a fear of rejection that is not allowing you to fall deeply in love. Ir's not that uncommon and if a guy senses that, it may be why they don't stick around. I only say this because you say you are aloof and don't initiate interest unless the guy does first. In order to fall in love, you have to be vulnerable.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:09 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,718,491 times
If it isn't your looks then it's something in your hygiene or personality. Are you overly clingy or needy? Are you bittchy and critical of the men you date or others around you? Ask a good close friend, brother or sister that knows you well and see what they say.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:22 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,807,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogluvr2013 View Post
I wonder if you have a fear of rejection that is not allowing you to fall deeply in love. Ir's not that uncommon and if a guy senses that, it may be why they don't stick around. I only say this because you say you are aloof and don't initiate interest unless the guy does first. In order to fall in love, you have to be vulnerable.
I do have a fear of rejection and I am aware if it. So when it does kick in I try and tell myself what you're saying, that I need to be vulnerable in order to fall in love.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottay View Post
If it isn't your looks then it's something in your hygiene or personality. Are you overly clingy or needy? Are you bittchy and critical of the men you date or others around you? Ask a good close friend, brother or sister that knows you well and see what they say.
Well as far as my hygiene I'm pretty clean, besides I don't think a guy would stick around for even 2 months with an unhygienic girl (at least most guys).

I mean I know I can be critical but I keep it to myself, I don't voice my criticisms out loud...but I think deep down we all have certain criticisms about each other.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:00 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,226,427 times
Go to the muni airport and get your pilots license, there are very few recreational women pilots. You will have your pick of single male pilots.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:07 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,226,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
We already know you are shy and tend not to act clingy. However, how do you create attraction? I have been with shy women and while their shyness wasn't an issue, their passivity was. These women usually aren't very good at doing the things that keep a guy interested. And I'm definitely not talking about sex. A lot of women think just having sex with a guy will keep him around. This may work for a while but as you can see, sex will get old unless you are creating attraction.
Seriously? Sex keeps me around, but then im not a ladies man so why would I dump a woman who is good to me in bed to be single for months and months if not longer having to spend sleepless nights trying to find someone.

Its one thing when you are being propositioned multipule times a day and have to create a strip chart to sort out the people hitting on you or if you can barely get a hello/email from the opposite sex once a week, and just because someone says hi or expresses some mild interest does not mean they want you sexually. So I would say for some guys like me if the sex is good they will stick around, but not once a week.

I would not stick around for sex once a week, every other day is perfect.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Seriously? Sex keeps me around, but then im not a ladies man so why would I dump a woman who is good to me in bed to be single for months and months if not longer having to spend sleepless nights trying to find someone.

Its one thing when you are being propositioned multipule times a day and have to create a strip chart to sort out the people hitting on you or if you can barely get a hello/email from the opposite sex once a week, and just because someone says hi or expresses some mild interest does not mean they want you sexually. So I would say for some guys like me if the sex is good they will stick around, but not once a week.

I would not stick around for sex once a week, every other day is perfect.
I know he had no problem getting laid, so I don't think sex alone would keep him around even if it was really good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships