Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 08:32 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
My friends would probably say I act aloof or uninterested. As for the conversation, depends on who I'm with and how engaging he is.

Yes I know there is a big gap between being clingy and showing interest. I guess I show interest by initiating texts or phone calls (that is after they've shown the initial interest).
You're friends have already answered you're question. My guess is you didn't like their answer so you went fishing for one you liked better. If you are only interested in once an week get together, and are shy and act bored around the guy, he figures you're not all that serious about a real relationship. Maybe they figure you just want to get together once a week for a fun nights recreation. My suggestion is that you put more effort and timre into the next relationship you develop or your pattern will just repeat again and again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 09:05 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,522,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Yeah, he was very vocal that he was embarrassed to be seen with me in public and that he didn't consider me attractive enough to be with him. Whenever we went out he always walked a few steps ahead of me and there was ZERO indication that we were a couple at all. I thought this was normal guy behavior for a long time, but it turns out I was a bit wrong. I just thought he didn't like any type of PDA.
what? that is crazy behaviour!! A guy should love to be seen in public with you, hold your hand while walking, and look proud and happy to be around you.
He was a douche who didnt deserved you.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:49 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Go to the muni airport and get your pilots license, there are very few recreational women pilots. You will have your pick of single male pilots.
If you're into 50+ year old married men, then yes.

Plus, pilots are a bad idea if you want anything long term and monogamous.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:19 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,196,428 times
Quote:

Why would you say that?

Old 05-22-2013, 10:28 PM

752 posts, read 1,164,295 times
Quote:

Men at this forum are some really desperate women. Take pilot license to get man. Some need just shank butts little.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:33 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,054 times
Quote:
Yeah, he was very vocal that he was embarrassed to be seen with me in public and that he didn't consider me attractive enough to be with him. Whenever we went out he always walked a few steps ahead of me and there was ZERO indication that we were a couple at all. I thought this was normal guy behavior for a long time, but it turns out I was a bit wrong. I just thought he didn't like any type of PDA.
You know now that this is incredibly scuzzy behaviour, right? Yechhh.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Why would you say that?
Recreational pilots? They're good, but it's rare to find one my age who is single. When I was getting my license there were around 100 people taking lessons at around the same time and there were maybe 5 guys that were my age and none were single.

Commercial pilots? Nearly ALL of them have multiple women in different cities. I've been in the industry for nearly a decade now and I can tell you from first hand experience.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipitop View Post
Men at this forum are some really desperate women. Take pilot license to get man. Some need just shank butts little.
Sure, they can 'shank their butts' if they want players.

I encourage women to get their pilots license because flying is awesome...I've never suggested it to get a man.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:42 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,226,427 times
Quote:

That's a weird statement, I am 32 and a pilot for recreation and own a bi plane. I am not very attractive so I commit hard if a woman is good in bed or if she is willing to learn. I was single a few months ago as well. It is a male dominated activity so im sure you could find a guy.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
That's a weird statement, I am 32 and a pilot for recreation and own a bi plane. I am not very attractive so I commit hard if a woman is good in bed or if she is willing to learn. I was single a few months ago as well. It is a male dominated activity so im sure you could find a guy.
I've been a rec pilot for nearly 7 years now. The only men around my age flying at the three regionals I flew at weren't single. Most of the people I met were older men with a few middle aged women.

Of course, I wouldn't want to be with a man who only judged me based on sex so it's kind of a non-issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships