Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 04:30 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Unless he is making over 250k a year by living there, would be tough to give up that money, you could import women if your making that much though. If he has a sub 100k job though its time to leave asap.
It's not a matter of specific salary, it's a matter of salary relative to what they can make elsewhere, as well as how much they dislike the place. Those may be your numbers, but for someone else a $30K salary may keep them stuck somewhere (if they're not qualified for a similar salary elsewhere), and for others a $1 mil salary may not be enough to keep them in a place they really hate.

And, for all we know, the OP may really love his location, dating woes aside. That's why I asked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2013, 04:36 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,228,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
It's not a matter of specific salary, it's a matter of salary relative to what they can make elsewhere, as well as how much they dislike the place. Those may be your numbers, but for someone else a $30K salary may keep them stuck somewhere (if they're not qualified for a similar salary elsewhere), and for others a $1 mil salary may not be enough to keep them in a place they really hate.

And, for all we know, the OP may really love his location, dating woes aside. That's why I asked.
Yea thats true, dating woes are a pretty big motivator to move though. I could duplicate my salery else where but I would have to be confident that I was not moving into another sausage fest (if I were still single or got dumped again). You just have to do your homework before you make a move.

Old 05-24-2013, 04:49 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times
It's not the same for men and women. Men don't find taken women desirable, many taken women just happen to be desirable. No man is going to be attracted to a woman just because she has a man but the amout of men who've recieved more attention(from the same women who ignored him) when he has a girlfriend or tons of options is endless.

Old 05-24-2013, 04:52 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,811,855 times
Quote:
Unless he is making over 250k a year by living there, would be tough to give up that money, you could import women if your making that much though. If he has a sub 100k job though its time to leave asap.

Chose carefully where you go though or you could be in the same situation and dont rule out forign nations and learning a new language. dont want to move from the frying pan into the fire.
New York City and Toronto have more women than men.

Old 05-24-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
New York City and Toronto have more women than men.
I heard that NY is a misnomer, if you limit the age range from 25-35 and only single women, its a pretty bleak sausage fest. Toronto may be a meca but I have never looked it up, I have also heard the ukrain in russia has alot more women but I dont know if you can filter on age range.

Old 05-24-2013, 05:02 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,575,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Maybe you need to rethink who you consider the "best" women. There are plenty of sweet, warm, funny, intelligent women out there who men ignore because they don't deem them "hot" enough.
Please show me a woman who has all those traits you listed and is at least average looking and under 30 years old that gets no male attention at all. That never happens unless she never interacts with men. If she has any kind of social life, men will find her.

Old 05-24-2013, 05:05 PM

393 posts, read 466,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Most, don't, but there are still plenty who do. It's a known phenomenon, and I've had it happen to me. Of course, I don't act on it.
No offense, but I don't see where the "Of course" comes from. In the real world, people (maybe not you, but people in general) act in ways contrary to their moral beliefs all the time. For example, it was recently reported that 80 percent of young "born-again Christians" have premarital sex.

Old 05-24-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Please show me a woman who has all those traits you listed and is at least average looking and under 30 years old that gets no male attention at all. That never happens unless she never interacts with men. If she has any kind of social life, men will find her.
My friend uses this term and often times its code for a women who is at least a 7, so of course these "average looking" women are going to have lots of guys going after them.

Old 05-24-2013, 05:54 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,575,996 times
Quote:
My friend uses this term and often times its code for a women who is at least a 7, so of course these "average looking" women are going to have lots of guys going after them.
Below average women still have men going after them too. There are a ton of fat girls who get a lot of male attention. Basically if the girl is under 30 (and white), under 170 lbs, without any physical deformities, she will get plenty of male attention if she puts herself out there in social situations.

Old 05-24-2013, 05:59 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Below average women still have men going after them too. There are a ton of fat girls who get a lot of male attention. Basically if the girl is under 30 (and white), under 170 lbs, without any physical deformities, she will get plenty of male attention if she puts herself out there in social situations.
^^^^^^^^. Tbh the only place where I here about women not getting male attention or dates is online
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships