Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 03:36 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,687,417 times

Advertisements

I've dated a couple of woman who are taller than me (I'm 5'10"). The last one, even though she was only an inch taller than me, her legs seem to stop around the middle of my chest. She was all legs, which looked nice, but created some logistical issues in the bedroom at times if you know what I mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 01:29 AM

3 posts, read 3,122 times
My boyfriend is an inch shorter than I am, it doesn't bother him if I wear heels. It's up to you if it will affect your relationship. For us, height is not a factor. It shoudln't be. He loves me & I love him. That's what's important.

Old 06-18-2013, 03:00 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
I recently saw a couple holding hands in the mall where the girl was a lot taller than the guy. It looked weird but they seemed happy.

Old 06-18-2013, 05:38 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,298,587 times
I am 6 '3" and I date women that are 5'9". It is not a stupid rule or anything but that pretty much describes the last ten years of my dating and married life.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:10 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,811,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
I've dated a couple of woman who are taller than me (I'm 5'10"). The last one, even though she was only an inch taller than me, her legs seem to stop around the middle of my chest. She was all legs, which looked nice, but created some logistical issues in the bedroom at times if you know what I mean.
LOL! My husband is taller than me, but my legs are longer than his. His pants would be floods on me.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:58 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,615 times
I rarely meet women taller than 6'4 so no... but I wouldn't say no to doing it...

Old 06-18-2013, 07:13 PM

855 posts, read 1,384,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I recently saw a couple holding hands in the mall where the girl was a lot taller than the guy. It looked weird but they seemed happy.
It's weird to outsiders who aren't mature enough or comfortable themselves publicly when they see an obtuse looking couple according their norms. I've seen couples where the woman towers over the guy. I've seen a totally tattooed high-heeled white rocker chick holding hands with a much shorter Asian guy wearing a dress shirt and tie complete with spectacles. Dude looked like one of the no-nonsense IT computer nerds I used to work with.

I love seeing couples that present all kinds of differences. It makes me smile when I see people holding hands without a care in the world about who has issues with them holding hands in the first place. It's like, who made your norm the here and end all norm of the norms?

One couples "dare to be different" might not be so freaky to them but those who pass judgement on the outside, they are the ones who are the freaks.

Old 06-18-2013, 08:54 PM

3,006 posts, read 3,870,546 times
I've done it once, and it doesn't work. She just kept moaning 'why are you so short?.' I'm 5'8", she's 5'9".

Old 06-23-2013, 05:47 PM

5 posts, read 4,392 times
Well I'm currently still taller than my bf but I think by next year or so that's going to change. I'm 5'10 while he's 5'8 3/4. We've just finished our sophomore year of HS.

But it's been years since we first met (since we were 10 year-olds in 5th grade; we saw each other growing and I used to towered him back then) and only started dating since last year. He was my best friend first, now he's my bf.

This might be a coincidence but we both have male members of about 6'5 and the tallest female is a 6 footer.

Though he does sometimes still says ''Korinee I want to grow up, it's taking forever, you're sooo tall... I still can't reach you''. My plates are already closes while his aren't according to a doctor. I guess it must mean a lot to him for that day to come when pasts me.

Old 06-23-2013, 05:48 PM

5 posts, read 4,392 times
Yet, he still wishes to tower me. He keeps saying ''Korinee6 I wanna grow more, it's taking forever, you're sooo tall''.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships