Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 11:26 AM

48 posts, read 190,911 times

Advertisements

Do you thinks that theres somebody for everybody? What does settling for less fall into this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2013, 12:11 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,054 times
Some people need more than one. Serial killers, for example, need lots and lots.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:14 PM

Settling for less is a waste of time. You will just end up breaking up because you are miserable.

OTOH, re-examining your requirements, thinking deeply about which requirements are really yours and which are societal assumptions you have accepted without question, this can result in raising your standards AND having a broader dating pool.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:51 PM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintsboy701 View Post
Do you thinks that theres somebody for everybody? What does settling for less fall into this?
7 billion people in the world. Even if 1 million are a perfect match the odds of you meeting him/her are 7000:1. Everyone compromises!

Old 05-25-2013, 09:59 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Yes there is someone for everyone.

I love my dolphin.

Heh.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:04 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Settling for less is a waste of time. You will just end up breaking up because you are miserable.

OTOH, re-examining your requirements, thinking deeply about which requirements are really yours and which are societal assumptions you have accepted without question, this can result in raising your standards AND having a broader dating pool.
NilaJones, I think you're kinda strange but brilliant as well.

Yes, I am miserable because I "settled" for someone who is wonderful in many ways but has never been the right one for me. But how do you raise your standards and have a broader dating pool? I have never been attractive to women, hence my desperation. From my experiences , I find it hard to believe that there is someone for everyone.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:45 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintsboy701 View Post
Do you thinks that theres somebody for everybody?
No.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:50 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,119,307 times
I don't believe so. Despite the population of people on this planet, there's always going to be those that will be alone regardless of whether they want to be or not.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
NilaJones, I think you're kinda strange but brilliant as well.
Wow, that is pretty much the best compliment ever .

Quote:
Yes, I am miserable because I "settled" for someone who is wonderful in many ways but has never been the right one for me. But how do you raise your standards and have a broader dating pool?
By figuring out what your own personal standards really are, rather than just accepting prefabricated societal ones.

One guy I know, after some introspection, realised that he finds plump women more attractive than skinny ones. Suddenly he has a huge dating pool and less competition.

Maybe you like shy, geeky, girl scientists. Or maybe I am just projecting because I like them . And maybe they don't get as many guys coming onto them as blondes with big hair do.

Or maybe you are a short guy and you realise that you are not actually bothered by a woman being taller than you. You don't care that society says you should be all neurotic about it. Suddenly your dating pool expands by 400% .

So, like that. Go for what you really want. Don't be one of 100 guys in a room all chasing after the same woman because she looks like a model and has a brain the size of a peanut.

Quote:
I have never been attractive to women, hence my desperation. From my experiences , I find it hard to believe that there is someone for everyone.
You don't need to be attractive to women. You only need to be attractive to one woman -- the one that you want the most. Guys shoot themselves in the foot when they try to make dating a numbers game. They end up turning off the discerning women, because they seem un-discerning, themselves.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:58 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,810,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
So, like that. Go for what you really want. Don't be one of 100 guys in a room all chasing after the same woman because she looks like a model and has a brain the size of a peanut.
Why assume the girl who looks like a model is stupid? Why do you need to look down on her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships