Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2013, 02:09 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Ya know, it's funny because I've met A TON of really tall guys (6'5+) and they've all said they would love to be with a tall woman, but most of them ended up with women under 5'6 or so.
Reallly???

You hanging outside of basketball games... otherwise, I hardly ever see 6'5" guys.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 02:11 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,144,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

Look, one of the biggest things so many of you seem to be glossing over that is part of JJ's "problem" is that SHE IS 6'1".

Came back with "You are too tall. Only 3% of men would consider dating a woman as tall as you. Our research shows that men want women who are at least 2 inches shorter than they are."

that tiny 3% window of available men who will date a 6'1" woman. .
More B.S. excuses. If a women is attractive, men don't care how tall she is, unless she is freakishly tall.

All the women below are 6'0 or above, you don't think men would date them? JJ problems are not her height.

Maria Sharapova - 6'2

Adriana Karembeu-actress, 6'0

Famke Beumer Janssen -actress, 6'0

Jordin Sparks- 6'0

Old 05-27-2013, 02:19 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Reallly???

You hanging outside of basketball games... otherwise, I hardly ever see 6'5" guys.....
No idea I've just known a lot of guys who were really really tall over the years. Maybe they gravitate towards me? No idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
More B.S. excuses. If a women is attractive, men don't care how tall she is, unless she is freakishly tall.

All the women below are 6'0 or above, you don't think men would date them? JJ problems are not her height.

Maria Sharapova - 6'2

Adriana Karembeu-actress, 6'0

Famke Beumer Janssen -actress, 6'0

Jordin Sparks- 6'0
Wow, gorgeous models, who knew?!

I'm average, but tall. I'm not willowy or built like a super model or anything like that. Just an average build who happens to be tall. Sure if I was more attractive it wouldn't be a problem...but I'm not. I'm just tall.

Old 05-27-2013, 02:26 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,028,825 times
Quote:
No idea I've just known a lot of guys who were really really tall over the years. Maybe they gravitate towards me? No idea.

Wow, gorgeous models, who knew?!

I'm average, but tall. I'm not willowy or built like a super model or anything like that. Just an average build who happens to be tall. Sure if I was more attractive it wouldn't be a problem...but I'm not. I'm just tall.
Not just tall, but tattooed and tall. It's just your combination of features results in a smaller pool to choose from, but I don't need to tell you that, just putting it out there for people who aren't aware. You are a unique individual and there will be someone who appreciates that...just harder to find, is all.

Old 05-27-2013, 02:33 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Not just tall, but tattooed and tall. It's just your combination of features results in a smaller pool to choose from, but I don't need to tell you that, just putting it out there for people who aren't aware. You are a unique individual and there will be someone who appreciates that...just harder to find, is all.
Yep, I'm weird and I actually like it

I figured I just need to find someone as weird as I am and it will all come together.

Old 05-27-2013, 02:50 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Yep, I'm weird and I actually like it

I figured I just need to find someone as weird as I am and it will all come together.
haha! Cool! (The Dr. Seuss quote) And absolutely right!

Old 05-27-2013, 03:57 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,066,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I used to have neighbor (male) who was a mechanic, and worked on cars in his driveway all day. I worked from home, too. Neighbor-guy had the habit of wearing a headset and talking to his friends on the phone while working. Kind of loudly. And he was tall.

One day, soon after he started dating a new woman, I heard him telling a friend how awesome it was that she was close to his height. He said, 'I can kiss her boobs while f*cking her! I have never been able to do that before!'

So, apparently there are benefits .
It's good to be closer in height to the person you're having sex with. This is why I like shorter men. I have a good friend who is female, 6" tall and a larger girl. She is happily married to a very rich, also tall man. I say this because supposedly all us ladies are after the money. (well, it is true I'd prefer someone with money over someone who didn't have it- that works both ways I'd guess- do you men REALLY want to support a woman?) She's tall and she got the rich guy. Meanwhile my short self is single. You have plenty of time Jet, don't worry. It only takes one good man and I am sure I will find mine. You are very proactive and you will find yours as well because it's half the battle getting out there.

Old 05-27-2013, 04:07 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,823,601 times
I am proud to be in that 3% category of guys who prefers taller women like my Mrs. And I'm only 5'7".

Old 05-27-2013, 04:17 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I am proud to be in that 3% category of guys who prefers taller women like my Mrs. And I'm only 5'7".
Finally, someone who demonstrates that shorter guys can find happiness!

Old 05-27-2013, 04:23 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,993,765 times
I've had relationships with two guys who were my height, plus or minus an inch or two, no problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships