Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 10:15 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,806,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
This is true, Bob. Men are visual creatures.
Yep. We have eyes. Women are visual, too. Does a woman want 30 lbs of Potatos in a burlap sack, or two cantaloupes fighting each other in spandex?

I said women are the greater discrimnators of the two sexes. I did not say men don't discriminate.
Yah, some women are picky. Some men can wear the same shirt 3 days in a row. They pee in the shower, too. You nailed it, there.

Let me put it this way. One or more studies have found a random female stranger can approach a man in a bar, offer to give him oral sex, and he is likely (meaning not all men will but most will) to agree. With the rolls reversed it is found almost no woman will ever accept. In fact, she is likely to be highly offended and put off. Point being, men are less discriminating.
Yeah, cuz if Rosie O'Donnell or Britney Spears offered, same chance for both, because, hey, I'm a man, dammit. Meeting at the Y is kind of intimate for a woman. So, yeah, we think differently about that.
Plus hey, a woman giving you a, just means less work. Maybe most men are just likely lazy.

The Sexual Selection theory likes to explain this as "Eggs are expensive and sperm is cheap." And there is truth in that. The physical costs of pregnancy are disproportionately borne by the female. There is little to no cost carried by the male.
Unless you live with them while they are pregnant.

But one of the key words in "Sexual Selection" is the word "selection." The term "selection" is a key concept in the theory of evolution. Evolution only operates through variation and "selective pressures" like competition for resources or mates. So, I'm sure feminist hate to hear that when they bemoan in injustice of women having to compete against one another for the attention of alpha males.

So, how this might work in real life is 3 women are in a bar, and 2 men approach the women. Of the 3 women 1 is extremely physically attractive, 1 is average, and 1 is "fat." At least 1 if not both of the men will pay eye attention and conversation to the gorgeous woman first and foremost.
Their version/idea of gorgeous, but continue.
Selection has already begun (for both the males and females in both directions).
We're assuming the 2 guys don't invite everyone over and have a big sex party, though. Or they guys might be gay and just want to hang out with the girls. "Hey, love your hair....this place is off the chain, look at those cuties over there! Scrumpdelicious!""

And ultimately, if the gorgeous woman chooses (females enjoy the privilege of choice--the exception being alpha males like Rock Stars etc.)
You don't have to be a Rock Star to be an alpha male. Just change your name. Like Rock Steel. I bet Rock Steel is an alpha man.

1 of the guys, the other guy will try to persuade 1 of the remaining 2 women to pick him.
Or beg. Beg like you were the Alpha Male of Begging.

Likely he will target the average looking woman. However, if she disses him, and the "fat" woman whispers in his ear she'll go back to his place and provide him oral sex, he is likely not going to hesitate to take her up on the offer.
How many beers has he had by now, trying to win over the not-winnable. Why even take her back to your place, if her self esteem is that bad, get her to do it in the parking lot. What a poor pitiful girl. What a jerk of a man to use her like that.

He will likely have sex with her in other ways if she is willing too.
Spoken by someone who has never a fat girl. It's just as exciting as f a fat man.

But humans are different than other primates and creatures in a number of ways, one of which is culture.
<I LOVE YOGURT>

And I don't just mean tool culture.
I HATE MEAN TOOLS. GET AWAY BIG MEANIES.

Chimps have that to a limited extent.
CHIMPS... LIMITED to only SOME MEAN TOOLS>

I'm talking culture in other ways that are non-somatic inheritances passed down through teachings and lessons within a population. Like ornamentation, religion, mores within a society. So, you can have an American woman raised in the inner-city that will reject to approaches of a young man studying to be a chemist for a street thug that is a mediocre drug dealer with 2 felonies.
THUG POWAH.

Simply, because the latter is held in far higher prestige (and she can brag to her friends--competition between females) in inner-city American culture than the black nerd studying college become a geek chemist (who may later end up working at DuPont for big bucks).
GIRL DON'T WANT NO POINDEXTER UP IN THE HOOD, YO.

By the way... just for the record. If a lesbian woman selects a female over a male, or if a gay male selects a male over a female, it is in Sexual Selection pure discrimination.
Unlike gay for pay. Go on.

But all selection, the whole theory of evolution, is driven in large part through discrimination.
Some things are just hotter than other things. That's just the way it is.

There are other things to the theory of evolution too, like fitness (i.e., number of offspring; average gene traits in a population) but that is a different thread and different can of worms. But selection itself is a matter of discriminating against X, Y, Z person.
Or beating every other male wolf's ass, then pouncing or your winnings. Is the girl wolf gonna discrimiate and pick wolf number 2, that just lost? WHITE FANG UP IN HERE, YA'LL.

That discrimnation does not have to be "holy" or "right" but can be for purely superficial or cultural reasons, like a guy having a preference for a person with "big breasts" or a penis if he's gay.
Yeah, that's called "liking what you like and can't do a damn thing about it. "

Aside from physiological functions those are mainly morphological differences.
Yep.

If you can rationalize it is wrong to discriminate in favor of big breasts over small breasts
More than a handful is just a waste, or 1 handful and one mou....wait I'm not gonna finish that.

then you can rationalize it is wrong to discriminate in favor of a flat chest and penis over small breasts and a vagina.
Maybe you can. I dig women. So, I think I could never rationalize wanting some man's hairy chest and his ...oh man, no. Can't do it. I can't rationalize myself to be a homosexual.

What an interesting view of things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2013, 12:46 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,897,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon22 View Post
I was arguing this with a friend earlier and using it as yet another excuse as to why I'm single, but I think it's the best excuse. It seems like girls like to brag to their friends about what their boyfriend has going for them. In my case I don't really have much going for me, I don't make six figures and have some cool job, I'm not a musician, I'm not a cop or a fighter.

Anyone agree?

Only if they are 14. If they are grown women then they maybe qualified to be in a home because it doesn't sound normal

Old 05-26-2013, 01:06 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
Yes, women are generally more selective than men, this is where the "men will fu*k anything" theory comes from.
Prejudice against homosexuality is a character flaw? (I am not) I think it's a religious thing. All of this is for another thread though.

The theory about men willing to Fluck anything is true because I seen a lot of horrible looking women pushing baby strollers and wanted to puke

Old 05-26-2013, 02:50 PM

82 posts, read 92,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Do guys like it when a girl brags about him to her girlfriends?
About things that are very unique or specific to him. Things he had to overcome unbelievable odds to achieve. Things he is very very good at.

Not so much brag, just have your back and support you.

"If my husband or boyfriend was here, he'd beat you" type stuff.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:11 PM

5,654 posts, read 5,143,709 times
Quote:
Like you were a prize winning and well trained pet? Or maybe commenting on you with a sense of pride? What do you imagine one would prefer? Bragging is unattractive, i'd prefer on the whole not to associate with someone that does this but....

What would you prefer?

Old 05-26-2013, 03:23 PM
FBJ

And if a woman is bragging about to her girls about this wonderful man then she is probably not the only he is seeing anyway

Old 05-26-2013, 03:32 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,634,624 times
I disagree for gals in general as I find many gals dating, having sex, or in relationships/marriages with guys that don't have something or much of something going for him.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:33 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,806,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
Bragging is unattractive, i'd prefer on the whole not to associate with someone that does this but....

THIS ^^^^^ Maybe I'm still more English than I realize, but bragging is ugly.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:39 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,634,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
Let me put it this way. One or more studies have found a random female stranger can approach a man in a bar, offer to give him oral sex, and he is likely (meaning not all men will but most will) to agree. With the rolls reversed it is found almost no woman will ever accept. In fact, she is likely to be highly offended and put off. Point being, men are less discriminating.
Guys being willing to have sex more readily doesn't prove that guys are less discriminating as you're overlooking:
- gals generally have a lower sex drive
- gals are likely more vulnerable to being raped by a guy than a guy is to being raped by a gal
- there is a sexual double standard where gals are sluts and guys are studs.

More likely the point is gals found the approach insulting/degrading like being treated like sexual object, gals had some societal induced shame about 'giving it up' to a guy 'too quickly' or without a relationship, or gals were cautious about their safety.

If your logic is being more willing to do something = less discriminating then it's contradictory as there will be cases where one gender is more willing than the other such as gals are likely more willing to be in a sexless relationship than guys which means in your logic gals are less discriminating.

Old 05-26-2013, 06:35 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,465,005 times
Quote:
Good question. I doubt I would be offended by it. Ego can be a dangerous thing. If not dangerous very susceptible to being inflated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships