Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2013, 05:13 PM

24 posts, read 29,758 times

Advertisements

So besides holding back on will power, what are some ways to limit contact with someone your interested in but know nothing serious will come out of it...

What are the physical things you can do without feeling guilty doing it? Do you give one words answers when you get text and phone calls? Do you just bring up the topic with the significant other? Do you just find reasons not to see him/her? What are some things you have done or would do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2013, 06:01 PM

50,144 posts, read 35,812,657 times
How about actually making clear to the person that you are not looking for anything serious with them?? Why hint around and play with people's feelings, when being honest would serve you both well?

Old 05-25-2013, 06:04 PM

35,095 posts, read 50,984,986 times
Why the need to play games? Just tell them you are not interested in more than a friendship and be done with it. No need to lead someone on and waste their time and possibly hurt their feelings even more later because they may be hanging on for more than friendship.

Old 05-25-2013, 06:11 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,112,916 times
So, what your saying is: you're interested in her. You know nothing will come of it (have you asked her out?), and you want to stop being friends. Is that the jist of it?

Old 05-25-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
So, what your saying is: you're interested in her. You know nothing will come of it (have you asked her out?), and you want to stop being friends. Is that the jist of it?
i am interested in her but i know she is no good for me. I do not mean that in a way to say she is a bad girl or is a bad influence. We are intimate and we both kind of know already that is where it is capped. It has nothing to do with leading anybody on...

Old 05-25-2013, 06:17 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,494,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgrad2012 View Post
So besides holding back on will power, what are some ways to limit contact with someone your interested in but know nothing serious will come out of it...

What are the physical things you can do without feeling guilty doing it? Do you give one words answers when you get text and phone calls? Do you just bring up the topic with the significant other? Do you just find reasons not to see him/her? What are some things you have done or would do?
I would try and see if something can come of it. If not, I would simply tell them I need time to get past it and revisit later. One word answers and excuses are immature. Face it, deal with it and move on.

Old 05-25-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I would try and see if something can come of it. If not, I would simply tell them I need time to get past it and revisit later. One word answers and excuses are immature. Face it, deal with it and move on.
Thanks for the sound advice. Yes it has more with me falling for her and not getting what i want more then her. I'm sure going just talking it out will prove to be the best route..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships