Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 11:23 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,671,477 times

Advertisements

My life right now is over flooded with women. It's gotten to the point I want to turn off my phone...It's sad because I don't really know why I'm still striking out with everyone. I should've found her by now..

The first girl is more or less my gf, though we hardly spend any time together. She doesn't want me to move too fast...I typically like spending most of my free time with the girl I'm seeing. So, something will have to give. As it is, she thinks she'll lose 'her ability to control me' if she doesn't give me and herself space and time. This is worrisome..maybe I don't want to be controlled?

The second is like 10/10 awesome..both physically and personality..but she thinks of me as a friend, and I largely cut contact with her after that. However, she's in town this week and wants me to help her out..of course like the fool I am I'll be there extra early.

The third is an old fling. She draws me into these long text conversations despite us just being 'friends' now...I'm way too flirty in these texts. She likes having my attention, mostly, I'm thinking.

The next one knows me way too well...so I like her a lot. She's very real about everything...told me straight up that she wasn't trying to hook up. You see, that's awesome to me because now there's no pressure. If it happens, it happens. If not, then not. Besides, I'm kind of preoccupied with the first girl..

Then there is this girl...I told her that 'if she isn't careful, she'll find herself becoming my wife'...she told me to 'go prove it' and that, in large part, was the impetus for me skipping town for 6 months. When I got back, I texted her...no response. I run into her, and we have a good conversation. She texts me afterwards saying she was glad to have seen me. I neglect to text her back because all I had to say was 'yeah'...I run into her again, this time I'm busy, but she's angry at me for not texting her back...I told her I didn't really have anything to say but I didn't know she'd care so much, and I'll text later. She leaves me saying 'No, don't text me'. I round the corner, her on the other side, and shout 'I will!'...and I hear in response 'Don't!'...

So, I text her right after...and quite predictably...no response.

I guess what I'm looking for just wasn't meant to be found right now. What am I doing wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 11:33 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,993,765 times
Sounds to me like your only problem is that you are unclear in your own mind who you want as a friend and who you want as a potential gf/wife. And some of these women get annoyed at you for the consequent mixed messages (as any reasonable person would).

Old 05-27-2013, 11:36 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,260 times
If any of these women are causing undue stress in your life, just stop communicating with them. It doesn't seem like you're that serious about any of them anyway.

Old 05-27-2013, 11:53 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,225,568 times
Give up number one and pursue number four.

...just trust me, okay?

Old 05-27-2013, 12:00 PM

775 posts, read 1,259,201 times
Nothing. You dont want to be in a relationship

Old 05-27-2013, 12:09 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,811,302 times
Choose one and focus on her. Otherwise, your head is all over the place.

Personally, I didn't 'keep my options open'. I dated one man at a time. That way no name confusion or any of that stuff. Even if it's just a string of first dates. Focusing on one person at a time was just simpler.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:48 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,228,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post

Personally, I didn't 'keep my options open'. I dated one man at a time. That way no name confusion or any of that stuff. Even if it's just a string of first dates. Focusing on one person at a time was just simpler.
I agree this is the best way to do it, you also avoid any jealous blow ups.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:55 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,823,601 times
Not every woman you meet or know has to be for sex or a relationship. You can actually have friends that are women. Enjoy the friends you have and make.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:59 PM

11,794 posts, read 12,028,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post

I agree.

This is part of the culture today that can work against people. Keeping exes around, maintaining "friendships" wherein you allow yourself to be used, all because you like the attention or possible options...

Find someone who is as into you as you are them, and don't have fallback people around to satisfy the needs that your GF isn't meeting.

Old 05-27-2013, 01:03 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,027,746 times
you got 99 problems
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships