Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 11:30 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,078,580 times

Advertisements

Yeah he calls sometimes

This is a very telling statement.........

"sometimes" implies that you have been/are chasing him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 03:28 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,309,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liliesnsprinklers View Post
I got upset and kind of like snapped; one of those overheated arguments in the past and I ended up backing him against a wall and shook him a bit and yelled. She saw it and hates me more since then.

She thinks I'm a bad person that is controlling her son. She needs to get a life. My bf chose me and he's not a minor anymore. But that was last year and she is still not over it.
You escalated an argument into a physical confrontation with her son and LAID HANDS ON HIM in front of his family. I would be doing everything I could to break the two of you up also. It was "his fault" that happened? You sound like a typical abuser.

You're a mother's worst nightmare.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:07 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,663,970 times
Quote:
She's still upset over two incidences last year, which I got upset with my bf but it was his fault anyway. The only mistake was unfortunately she saw it and I was just trying to convince her that it was something else. She hates me since but see even in the beginning she didn't liked me too much. But he's already 18 while I've just turned 17. Even so, my parents don't get much involved in my life.

Sometimes when I called my bf, she answers and says ''He's not here, bye'' or one time he wasn't at home and that lady said ''He can do so much better than you'' before throwing the door in front of my face.

Overall, our relationship is ok most of the times. The only thing upsetting is some girls calling his cell phone and him spending slightly more time with his friends or relatives than with me. This is what causes arguments at times.

I already bought her a gift for her b-day and I'm trying to be respectful to her but nothing is works. She can't get over that day she saw I got mad at her son. I think I'm close to not caring what she thinks anymore. Or should I still try convincing her more?
Mother is right, he can do better than you.

Also, when you blame your bf it speaks more about your character. Shows that you are not accepting responsibility for your own actions. Mother see's this and it gives her reason to not like you. Both you and your bf sound very immature.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:09 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,663,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
pppfffttt..............you LOVE him........until the next New Shiny Pretty Boyfriend comes along and what in the world are you doing getting physical with him anyway? That is definitely NOT ACCEPTABLE, and you would NEVER be allowed inside my home or on my property.

When you mature and not just chronologically age it will make a big difference and technically, legally your boyfriend can be in big trouble (depending on the state you are in) IF he is caught with you, a MINOR in a compromising position.
At 17 the concept of love isn't exactly credible.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:12 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,906,012 times
Quote:
She's still upset over two incidences last year, which I got upset with my bf but it was his fault anyway. The only mistake was unfortunately she saw it and I was just trying to convince her that it was something else. She hates me since but see even in the beginning she didn't liked me too much. But he's already 18 while I've just turned 17. Even so, my parents don't get much involved in my life.

Sometimes when I called my bf, she answers and says ''He's not here, bye'' or one time he wasn't at home and that lady said ''He can do so much better than you'' before throwing the door in front of my face.

Overall, our relationship is ok most of the times. The only thing upsetting is some girls calling his cell phone and him spending slightly more time with his friends or relatives than with me. This is what causes arguments at times.

I already bought her a gift for her b-day and I'm trying to be respectful to her but nothing is works. She can't get over that day she saw I got mad at her son. I think I'm close to not caring what she thinks anymore. Or should I still try convincing her more?
Here is my take...

Move on.

He obviously doesn't care about you or he would stand up to his mother for doing those things to you. I think he bad mouths you to her.

Trust me on this one... Move on!

Old 05-28-2013, 08:44 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,058,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
At 17 the concept of love isn't exactly credible.
Sure it is. People this is a young girl. Stop picking on her! (I don't mean this comment all the others- "he can do better than you." and she can do better than him. We can all "trade up" what is the point of talking like that to the OP?) The mother doesn't seem so mature herself and we can safely say she's chronologically an adult! Just avoid the mother OP and be polite when you have to deal with her. Be better than her. Don't say you're better than her, BE better than her. No bragging. In time it will become obvious.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
Sure it is. People this is a young girl. Stop picking on her! (I don't mean this comment all the others- "he can do better than you." and she can do better than him. We can all "trade up" what is the point of talking like that to the OP?) The mother doesn't seem so mature herself and we can safely say she's chronologically an adult! Just avoid the mother OP and be polite when you have to deal with her. Be better than her. Don't say you're better than her, BE better than her. No bragging. In time it will become obvious.
She's still a young girl who got physical with her boyfriend and claimed it was "his fault." My empathy is very low on this one.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:02 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,058,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
She's still a young girl who got physical with her boyfriend and claimed it was "his fault." My empathy is very low on this one.
I'm not familiar with that post. Did I miss it in this thread? OP, if this is true, know you are responsible for your choices, including weather or not to be intimate with someone.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:04 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,078,580 times
Quote:

No one is "picking" on her or being mean, she got physical with him because he "pis**d" her off and his Mother saw what happened AND the Original Poster BLAMED HER BOYFRIEND for HER GETTING PHYSICAL.

Again, if it had been me to witness what happened the original poster and her hiney would have been arrested and charged with assault, end of story. No passing go, no collecting $200.00, no coddling because "she is young and didn't mean it" BS.........SHE needs ANGER MANAGEMENT THERAPY immediately and she needs to get away from this young man so he can pursue other interest and not be stuck with her and a "planned" (by her only) child for the next 18 years.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
I'm not familiar with that post. Did I miss it in this thread? OP, if this is true, know you are responsible for your choices, including weather or not to be intimate with someone.
Not intimate. She admitted to backing him into a wall and shaking him during an argument.

That is some bat**** crazy stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships