Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 11:37 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
Nope, not to take home that night, but some friend's would go home with guys we met that night. I just don't find strangers that enticing. It's a starting point to catch dates. And what bars are you going to?

Is this an American attitude about drinking? So many people on this board seem to associate drinking with getting very drunk. Have you never seen responsible drinking? Bars aren't a place to go abuse alcohol.
Go where? To have sex that night?

It would be nice to see more responsible drinkers so the problem of DUI would be lower.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:41 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
That seems to be a popular misconception going around the man circles. I can't speak for all women of course but if a man is nice and friendly and not obviously out trying to hit on me, it doesn't matter what he looks like, I will talk to him. I may not be attracted to him, but I have found in the past that men I was not attracted to initially became very attractive when I got to know them and I'm guessing that I'm not alone in that and I'm also guessing that many men have had the same experience. Besides if a man is just being friendly, why would I be mean to him or think he's creepy? How absurd. I mean, I had a lovely convo with an elderly female neighbor the other day and I had no desire to date her, lol.

Once I was in a bookstore and it was about to close and I didn't have a watch or phone on me so I asked a man near me what time it was. He told me and then started to gush about how honored he was to have such a good looking woman come up and talk to him--he just couldn't believe it! I walked away pretty quick b/c that was creepy--I just wanted to know what time it was.

As for men doing all the work--well assuming that the women are requiring the men to make the first move, they have to wait and waiting is harder than taking action. How I remember as a teenager waiting for the phone to ring and my mother telling me not to make that call b/c boys will call you if they're interested.
If you look at OKCupid and POF profiles. You will see that women don't want to talk to 'creepy' guys.

'Creepy' is mostly used among teens and 20s.

Lol. You found him attractive later? Yea right. I have heard this one before. You are funny.

If he gave you an compliment than how is that creepy? Depends on the tone too. He could be sarcastic.

Old 06-06-2013, 12:08 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Mod cut: Orphaned.

Meanwhile, back on topic... if more guys weren't so afraid of or awkward about approaching women in their own neighborhoods, grocery stores, and gyms or hiking clubs, etc., fewer guys would have to go abroad and hope for the best.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-06-2013 at 08:17 AM..

Old 06-06-2013, 12:20 AM

5 posts, read 4,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Orphaned.

Meanwhile, back on topic... if more guys weren't so afraid of or awkward about approaching women in their own neighborhoods, grocery stores, and gyms or hiking clubs, etc., fewer guys would have to go abroad and hope for the best.
Yes , i love your posts and i dont know why prince frog is trying to play dumb about the issue of white guys weird creepy asian fetishes. But its whatever and i love your suggestions also im laughing at how men on this forum admit to having little experience with women,limited relationship experience etc yet they claim to know how every women thinks feels on a subject without every interacting with one its hilarious and i see why so many of these dudes have bad luck with women.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-06-2013 at 08:18 AM..

Old 06-06-2013, 05:21 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,811,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Go where? To have sex that night?

It would be nice to see more responsible drinkers so the problem of DUI would be lower.
No, just what bars do you go to that you associate them only with drunken ONS's? I'm married and I still go with my husband or with friend's occasionally. And miraculously, we don't go home with strangers or get drunk. Or we go to Starbuck's or Timmies or a Desert place. What kind of bars are around you that the only type of people that go to them are drunk drivers?

Old 06-06-2013, 06:39 AM

752 posts, read 1,164,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It is smart comment. Really is possible read very interesting comments from women at this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspretty View Post
Yes , i love your posts and i dont know why prince frog is trying to play dumb about the issue of white guys weird creepy asian fetishes. But its whatever and i love your suggestions also im laughing at how men on this forum admit to having little experience with women,limited relationship experience etc yet they claim to know how every women thinks feels on a subject without every interacting with one its hilarious and i see why so many of these dudes have bad luck with women.
There is not any issue. We average American guys just chase after American women. Asian women, entire Asia, are ugly to me, same Latino. A couple weird losers go to Asia but it have nothing to do with US average. In my case American women mean white northern European, and it is it.

Last edited by tipitop; 06-06-2013 at 07:00 AM..

Old 06-06-2013, 07:38 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
If you look at OKCupid and POF profiles. You will see that women don't want to talk to 'creepy' guys.

'Creepy' is mostly used among teens and 20s.

Lol. You found him attractive later? Yea right. I have heard this one before. You are funny.

If he gave you an compliment than how is that creepy? Depends on the tone too. He could be sarcastic.
We're not talking about OL dating here--we're talking about meeting each other in public places and how to start a conversation. I meant it 100% when I said that if a man simply starts to talk to me with no obvious agenda and I'm feeling open at that point, I will talk to him, same as I would if he were a friendly teenager or a sweet little old lady, etc. Then if we were to discover some mutual attraction we might keep talking and even start to flirt a bit. Very seldom am I completely attracted to someone until a conversation has taken place, so I'm not sure why you have trouble believing that I "found him attractive later." I'm guessing that's how it is for most people.

As for the man in the bookstore giving me a compliment: it went way beyond and he stood there gushing about how he couldn't believe that a woman like me was talking to a man like him and all I wanted was to know what time it was--wasn't really trying to start a conversation but was open to it. Maybe it was the implication that I was hitting on him that bothered me.

Also, if you're having problems with OL dating, I'll just point out one little thing--most men have really crappy pictures up and I tend to steer clear of those where his eyes are not obvious--I want to know what they look like at least. I finally did take a chance on someone with bad pix--he had one that was obviously 20 years old, one where his long hair was blowing across his face and another with sunglasses, so I had absolutely no idea what he would look like but we met and I liked him and we're still dating. But I wouldn't recommend this. Honestly OL dating would go so much better if men would put more thought into their photos--get a friend to go to the park with you and take 150 pix or more and then choose just the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspretty View Post
Yes , i love your posts and i dont know why prince frog is trying to play dumb about the issue of white guys weird creepy asian fetishes.
I don't think PrinceFrog is trying to play dumb. Fact is honey that most American men do not share these "weird creepy Asian fetishes." Your entire experience with American men is the small subset of them who are like that. Thanks for setting that small minority straight on the fact that y'all are not going to be submissive for them. Now can we get you to go away so our thread doesn't get shut down?

Old 06-06-2013, 07:39 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Meh, I don't have a problem approaching *friendly* women in America. They may not all be single, but I do not see what the big commotion about being creepy is. Although I have heard women talk about how certain guys are creeps, I haven't been called that myself.
I dont have that problem either, but it takes a whole different approach. You know very well that guys are called creepy for simply walking up and introducing themselves. The term "creepy" is basicaly used for any guy whom a woman does not find attractive, what he does makes no difference whatsoever. Same exact actions that are creepy, all of a sudden become a great and confident approach, when the wom an is attracted to the man approaching. Outside of the country it simply alot more natural to approach women, and they respond to you the way they should. Of course they turn guys down as well, they just do it in a feminine, warm and effectionate way for the most part and certainly dont lable them creeps for having the balls to approach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships