Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 12:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,558 times

Advertisements

I am a man who ended up having a nice chat with a woman in the grocery store the other day and when I was talking to her, I noticed her blushing quite a bit so I was getting what I thought was a sign of interest from her. I made a flirtatious comment and her face got even more red but then she suddenly walked away mid-conversation. At that point I thought there were two possibilities as to what happened, either:

1) she just wasn't interested and that is why she walked away or..
2) she was becoming interested/attracted but the sexual tension got a little uncomfortable for her so she walked away.

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of just assuming #1 - that she wasn't interested and didn't approach her again when I saw her in the next aisle over but in retrospect I'm wondering if maybe I should have given her a few minutes and then approached her a 2nd time asking for her # or email address?

What do you guys/gals think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2013, 12:53 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
It's a good thing you didn't approach her when you saw her in the next aisle. That's what creepy guys do: approach again after the woman has made it clear she doesn't want to talk.

Old 05-30-2013, 01:07 PM

11,794 posts, read 12,028,825 times
or #3, the flirtatious comment crossed a line which is why she walked away mid-conversation?

Old 05-30-2013, 01:15 PM

1,510 posts, read 2,963,192 times
#4: She farted and needed to escape before you figured it out.
#5: She really needed to pick her nose.

--Dim

Old 05-30-2013, 01:23 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,575,758 times
If she liked you a lot, 99% of the time she is staying unless she has an emergency where she needs to hurry up. She isn't blowing her shot at true love by playing games

Old 05-30-2013, 01:44 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Douglas View Post
I am a man who ended up having a nice chat with a woman in the grocery store the other day and when I was talking to her, I noticed her blushing quite a bit so I was getting what I thought was a sign of interest from her. I made a flirtatious comment and her face got even more red but then she suddenly walked away mid-conversation. At that point I thought there were two possibilities as to what happened, either:

2) she was becoming interested/attracted but the sexual tension got a little uncomfortable for her so she walked away.

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of just assuming #1 - that she wasn't interested and didn't approach her again when I saw her in the next aisle over but in retrospect I'm wondering if maybe I should have given her a few minutes and then approached her a 2nd time asking for her # or email address?

Why would you ask for her email address?? I stopped asking for email addresses online lol

It's phone number or nothing.

Old 05-30-2013, 01:47 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
If you were dealing with an extremely shy person who actually likes you, you'd need more time to work on them than what you have in a grocery store visit.

Very shy people are almost impossible to cold approach in settings where you only see them once.

Old 05-30-2013, 01:50 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,384,252 times
Good thing you did not approach her again. My gut reaction was that you said something that you considered flirty, but it was really over the line and she decided to take off before things got any further.

Old 05-30-2013, 02:06 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,233,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Douglas View Post

What kind of conversation were you having?! Was she smiling while blushing? I blush when I get upset--did she appear upset or did she look like she was enjoying the conversation? Maybe she thought you were too much for her so she walked away. Imo, if she was interested, she would have made eye contact or lingered longer in the next aisle if she wanted you to approach her again.

Old 05-30-2013, 03:03 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,983,480 times
she probably had a spontaneous orgasm from your flirty wit and just needed a minute to compose herself. next time you see her suggest a quickie in the store bathroom
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships