Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2013, 10:18 AM

2 posts, read 6,204 times

Advertisements

First a little background:

I work as a manufacturing engineer and oversee several products. Each product has 15-20 operators who perform the actual manufacturing (cutting, bonding, assembly, etc). The operators do not report to or work for me. The operators have a fairly strict schedule including several 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch, all at specific times. Typically the operators eat lunch together in the break room (me and the other engineers usually eat lunch in our offices or go out).

I have known for a while that one of the operators is fond of me, but recent events are making me think her level of interest is much higher than I thought. She has always been somewhat shy around me, turning red sometimes when I have teased her or when others have made comments about her liking me. I never though much of these comments or her shyness because she is married.

This week she has been working on a special project which we are experiencing quite a bit of difficulty with. Due to the issues we are having, I have spent a lot of time in the manufacturing area trying to work out the issues. I have been working closely with her during this time since she is the one performing the actual manufacturing operations.

Since I have been working with her on this project, she has been very touchy. She seems to make extra effort to get as close to me as possible and at times presses up against me for extended periods of time. Also, she seems to be acting less shy. Some of the other operators have noticed this and have made teasing comments about it. I reciprocated some by placing my hand on her shoulder and making excuses for her to get close (e.g. I ask her to look at some of the defective parts under a magnification light with me).

She has made comments about her husband wanting her to quit her job and stay at home, but she works because she wants to be independant and "not have to rely on him." I am not looking for a relationship, but I wouldn't mind fooling-around a little. Besides the obvious co-worker relationship issues, there are a few questions I have:

1. Does it seem like her actions are implying that she wants to fool-around?
2. How can I find out for sure without negative consequences?
3. I cannot flirt with her much more in the manufacturing area because the other operators will see and there is not much opportunity otherwise (she eats lunch and takes breaks with the same people in the same lunch room each day, it would be obvious if she changed that); Any ideas about how I can get her alone to flirt a little?
4. I am not very good at flirting, any suggestions for some covert moves?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 10:32 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,024,188 times
So she's married and you work with her. Go for it! What's the worst that could happen?

Old 05-31-2013, 10:41 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,334,272 times
what about working; that's what you are there for, not flirting with married women.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:44 AM

2 posts, read 6,204 times
My main problem is taking it to the next level. There is not much opportunity for further flirting with the workplace situation. Also, I don't want to make a move only to find out she is just playing or is not that interested (although this does seem unlikely).

Old 05-31-2013, 12:16 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,992,608 times
Good luck when her husband shows up at your house with a shotgun or your boss fires you.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:21 PM

31,016 posts, read 22,056,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Good luck when her husband shows up at your house with a shotgun or your boss fires you.
^^^^This. Tons of Risk! Don't do it!

Old 05-31-2013, 12:29 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,540,454 times
There is no next level. First, check your company's policies. While you're not in a direct supervisory role, you are in a position of authority. I'm willing to bet that if push came to shove, you'd be the one to go if any harassment or unfair labor complaints arose. Also, they don't have to come from her. Second, she's married. Do you really want to be involved in a potentially messy situation? Since her co-workers know what's going on, it's possible some may know her husband and they might clue him in as to what is going on.

Old 05-31-2013, 02:23 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eng430 View Post
My main problem is taking it to the next level. There is not much opportunity for further flirting with the workplace situation. Also, I don't want to make a move only to find out she is just playing or is not that interested (although this does seem unlikely).
Why would you want to take it to the next level?! You could lose your job. I can't believe you're asking this question in all seriousness.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 05-31-2013 at 02:34 PM..

Old 05-31-2013, 02:30 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,222,031 times
So you think a 20 minute quickie on your lunch hour with a MARRIED WOMAN is acceptable because SHE IS FLIRTING?

Well, you go right ahead and have your 20 minute quickie and when you get caught by the company, her husband or both do not be surprised when you are fired, have the tar beat out of you by the husband and THEN.........arrested for "Rape" because she is going to lie to her husband and tell him that SHE told you to STOP.......

Moving on.........next........

Old 05-31-2013, 02:55 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,640,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why would you want to take it to the next level?! You could lose your job. I can't believe you're asking this question in all seriousness.
You could lose your job.........or your life. Stay away!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships