Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 04:20 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times

Advertisements

Actually, it doesn't seem like a single person who has commented is curious about your philosophies. "Curious" doesn't really seem to be the term, at all.

Those who have already responded have noted that "where you might find these types of women" is going to be fairly limited to fringe church groups, very sheltered societies, and potentially via importing them from other cultures.

Outside of that, I don't see you having a whole lot of luck, as your criteria as a whole, package deal is highly unrealistically attainable, at least in current, mainstream contemporary American culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 04:30 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephkonrad View Post
Not to get into a whole debate here, but the sexual revolution was a disaster, divorces and abortions skyrocketed during the 70s, and the Baby Boomers are the enemy.

That's why there's an infinitesimal chance that I'll find my dream girl, which 60 short years ago would have been all over the place. Thanks for nothing, Boomers.

It'll take a couple generations to fix the mess they left.
Divorces and abortions aren't problems. They are symptoms of problems. Those problems existed before the 'Boomers'.

Quote:
See, the Stay At Home Dad I find difficult to take seriously.
So?
Don't marry one

Quote:
It puts the woman in the leadership position of earning money, and puts the man in the "nurturer" position of the children when they really should be flipped in my view.
Quote:
^^Exactly. The primary caregiver should be the woman under ideal circumstances. That does not mean the man shouldn't give care.
Why should it be that way?

Old 05-31-2013, 04:34 PM

1,340 posts, read 1,627,896 times
I don't see the reason why you'd want your wife to stay home with the children, she can work and have children. Two smaller paychecks are better than a big paycheck. Other than that, my list is quite simple - kind, caring and nurturing type. Add there the "young" requirement.

Too bad - that's not what you'll find in vast majority of cases. You'll find lots of crooks who pretend to be that. You'll either accept what you find or you'll reject to bother with the whole deal.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:35 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,819 times
Quote:
I am 23 and I still have some time to find a girlfriend and eventual wife, but I thought I would post what I am looking for and see if you think any women would even fit this criteria these days.

-Very feminine, sweet, want me to run their life
-Traditionally hot, with no weight problems, tattoos, etc.
-Young
-Wants to take good loving care of me as a matter of course (make coffee, do dishes, cleaning, cooking, and laundry)
-Wants to have a lot of children and stay home to raise them and be a mother to them
-Has desire to dress well, exercise, and keep herself up
-Is Catholic or is at least open to joining the Church

I could go on and list other things that would be nice touches, such as virginity, class and culture, liking to dance, being blonde, etc. but I'll pass because these 7 things I listed above already seem to weed out the vast majority of modern U.S. women. They would think I'm a "sexist", which I suppose I am in the sense that I think there are definite differences between the sexes and the man should take the lead in dating and in marriage. Masculine and assertive versus feminine and submissive. Am I wrong? Is my search for a legitimately womanly woman is vain? I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.

TL;DR
I want a girl with sensibilities firmly in the middle-20th century and not this one.
I am sure people like this exist, but you're going to have a heck of a time finding her.

You want an extremely attractive women with a great personality who, for some unknown reason, is nonetheless willing to submit to your will and who will organize her life around serving you.

Yeah, good luck with that.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:36 PM

68 posts, read 88,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
I don't see the reason why you'd want your wife to stay home with the children,
Because my list on the first page makes no sense if she has to go to work on top of her job as a WIFE. If she is going to work, I would want to help out with some of the chores.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
I am sure people like this exist, but you're going to have a heck of a time finding her.

You want someone extremely attractive and who has a great personality, yet who is totally willing to submit to your will and organize her life around serving you.

Yeah, good luck with that.
It's amazing, not just in this thread but in real life, when I've talked about the kind of wife I wanted, it has always been some variation on "Good luck with that." Amazing because this used to be STANDARD.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:39 PM

Quote:
It's amazing, not just in this thread but in real life, when I've talked about the kind of wife I wanted (attractive, great personality-not a doormat, but willing to be led and mold everything around my life when we get married), it has always been some variation on "Good luck with that."
That is amazing. I wonder why that could possibly be?

Old 05-31-2013, 04:41 PM

Because there are genuinely few girls out there that fit what is to me a very basic criteria.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Because there are genuinely few girls out there that fit what is to me a very basic criteria.
And I wonder why that is

Old 05-31-2013, 04:44 PM

Because my "femininity", female/submissive criteria is the killer, yet it is so basic to male/female relations, I couldn't imagine a great marriage existing without it (for me).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships