Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 08:41 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcsligar View Post
- Genuienly Altruistic
- Not concerned with the Joneses
- Nurturing/Sweet/Feminine
- An avid adventurer/not a pansy about breaking nails, etc.
- Unentitled
- Not obsessed with decadence/fairly wholesome
- Live music connoisseur
- Creative in general with a ride range of interests
- Soft spoken and mild mannered
- Intellectually curious
- Well informed on politics (may have different views than mine, as long as we are able to engage in lively debate about issues)
- Efficient in an erotic sense

I am curious to see what specific cities as well as what specific events I would most likely encounter this type of woman. I am going to guess that my best bet are libraries/coffee shops/music/art festivals/museums, etc; And the best cities would most likely be in the Northwestern united states. I am hoping there are some people with some insight that could elaborate on this topic. Thanks a lot.
married my friend. You have to snag a woman like that in High school or college.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 08:45 AM

895 posts, read 1,702,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This list looks familiar. Didn't you have this up in another thread recently? We still don't know what "efficient in an erotic sense" means. Aside from whatever that means, your list describes all the women I know. Just go outside and talk to women wherever they cross your path. In order to meet women, you have to talk to them. Did you say you're living in Florida? Try NYC, Boston, the West Coast, Colorado, art towns in northern New Mexico.
I did post this as a response to another thread but I wanted to invoke a separate discussion. I will not be living in Florida for much longer and will be relocating to Seattle in September. I am hoping I will have better luck up there because I am not pleased by the dating ambiance here at all.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:46 AM

895 posts, read 1,702,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
You won't, because they'll all be running from a guy like you.
And why is that?

Old 06-01-2013, 08:46 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,575,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post
I'm curious what you mean by feminine. I'm a woman, and I'd say most women I know fall into the feminine category. What specific characteristics are you talking about?
Looks feminine. Takes care of herself and appearance. Nurturing and sweet. Doesn't try to act like a man by being abrasive or aggressive. The last one is really unattractive. No man is looking to compete with his wife.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:47 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
married my friend. You have to snag a woman like that in High school or college.
Not true. In college most guys who are into dating go for sexy-looking women, not the sweet, innocent types the OP is looking for. Shy guys are interested in the OP's type, but they're too shy to ask anyone out. So the kind of women the OP's looking for often go through college without dating. Being creative and adventurous, they tend to participate in study abroad programs, take a semester off to travel, volunteer with the Peace Corps after college, and are out in the world working for social change (their interest in politics put to constructive use). It sounds like the OP needs to get out and about more, and engage with the world more in order to find these women.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:49 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,897,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Looks feminine. Takes care of herself and appearance. Nurturing and sweet. Doesn't try to act like a man by being abrasive or aggressive. The last one is really unattractive. No man is looking to compete with his wife.
I really don't know very women I'd consider abrasive or aggressive.

Are you confusing that with being assertive?

Old 06-01-2013, 08:53 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
I doubt you'd find soft spoken and an adventurer and all that other stuff. But maybe you should do volunteer work. I used to volunteer with a group that helped troubled teens learn skillsets that employers are looking for. Or you could help at a food bank. It's a good way to stand out from other men and you would be more likely to find a woman like that.
This is the score, exactly! These women are contributing to their communities and to the world. Something that the OP doesn't seem to be doing, himself. Try volunteering for Habitat For Humanity or at your local animal shelter, OP. Volunteer with your local or regional parks department to build and maintain trails. Get involved in environmental organizations, or join a canvassing group during the next Presidential or local Congressional campaigns. Take a theater improv acting class or attend local arts events. Also, try taking a couple of vacations on the West Coast.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:56 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,897,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
I doubt you'd find soft spoken and an adventurer and all that other stuff. But maybe you should do volunteer work. I used to volunteer with a group that helped troubled teens learn skillsets that employers are looking for. Or you could help at a food bank. It's a good way to stand out from other men and you would be more likely to find a woman like that.
Great suggestion. Like attracts like.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:04 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,164,627 times
You can't create a recipe for the perfect woman and just go find her. All the things you list are fine qualities, and I'd say there are many women out there that possess those.

All the things you listed are more quick gratification qualities or surface qualities to an extent. Have you figured out what your real life goals are? Do you just want a trophy woman, or do you want a true partner to take care of you while you are sick and old?

I feel like this is the reason a lot of couples break up quickly, or divorce quickly. People think they can have everything they want in a partner, or they can change them if they try hard enough. It's simply NOT true. You need to make a list of what is really important to you in life, what is an absolute dealbreaker, and find a woman in that spectrum. You will only be initially attracted to the women who display at least 70% of what is on your list. After that, I'd say you need to learn that not every woman will EVER have every single quality you desire.

I've dated all sorts of men, and loved them for different reasons. However, I was too hung up on my "instant gratification" and not enough on my life goals.
Boyfriend #1: Attractive, charismatic, athlete, we had amazing chemistry. He cheated on me and was emotionally abusive.
Boyfriend #2: Not as attractive, but a complete sweetheart. Put me first before everything. Paid for all our meals (his insistence), treated me like a princess, wonderful family. No chemistry, but he had all my "qualities" I needed. Stayed 9 months too long.
Boyfriend #3: Exotic, athletic, model looks. Was the best at giving presents. Extremely "manly" and assertive. He was a really, really good time. He emotionally/sexually abused me and was spoiled, a liar, and abusive to his own parents.
Boyfriend #4: My current. He has issues with self confidence, but is an amazing man. He and I have the same goals in life and we have a very mutual relationship. I plan on marrying him in a few years. Plenty of qualities I dislike, but I can put those aside. Wonderful career drive, and has stuck with me and been supportive through the worst times of my life. Never puts me down. Fights fair. Cute to boot

What I'm saying is, my recipe list on my current may be less robust than my recipe list for my "ideal" man, but the ingredients my current brings to the table are 100x more potent than what anyone else I have EVER met could bring to the table.

It really bothers me that you want a woman who will never challenge you. It sounds like you want a pawn, not a partner. A partner will keep you on your toes and constantly push you to be a better man (or woman). If you feel like you want to be the "big man" of the house, you may have trouble finding yourself a woman without mental instabilities or daddy problems. A lot of modern women want an equally beneficial relationship. I need an equivalent power dynamic in my own.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:09 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
[quote=lmw36;29823527]You can't create a recipe for the perfect woman and just go find her. All the things you list are fine qualities, and I'd say there are many women out there that possess those. [quote]

Bingo.

What is it about shopping lists? It is very unrealistic to expect a perfect combination as well as physical attraction. Sometimes you just have to let go of all that expectation and allow the natural flow of meeting someone and actually connecting on some far deeper level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships