Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 10:13 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,525,589 times

Advertisements

I lie about my age cause im an idiot. Im 30 and i freaking lie about my age. Who does that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 10:14 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
seems like you're the one that is more interested? I mean googling her identity?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
Because men are superficial. People are superficial and yes , she might be interested. Are you? (I'm guessing yes if you're posting etc.)
Exactly what I thought.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:17 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
The number you googled may not be accurate. Online databases have placed me at a variety of ages around my actual age.

I don't know, I don't see any point in not being honest about my age (36).

When I was in my midtwenties, I dated a guy casually who told me he was midthirties. We went out a few times, and stopped by his house to pick something up one night pretty early on, and ther was a bag of stuff on the floor by his kitchen table...it was all joke decorations for his 40th birthday party, all black streamers and "over the hill" ****. I couldn't have cared less how old he was, but it was apparently an issue for him.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:19 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,897,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
The number you googled may not be accurate. Online databases have placed me at a variety of ages around my actual age.
That is a possibility as well.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:30 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:

I don't know, I don't see any point in not being honest about my age (36).

When I was in my midtwenties, I dated a guy casually who told me he was midthirties. We went out a few times, and stopped by his house to pick something up one night pretty early on, and ther was a bag of stuff on the floor by his kitchen table...it was all joke decorations for his 40th birthday party, all black streamers and "over the hill" ****. I couldn't have cared less how old he was, but it was apparently an issue for him.
I had those joke decorations at work. Everything said 40 and over the hill. I was only turning 30. They thought they were being funny.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:37 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,006,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Because many women are seen as 'worthless' if they're over a certain age. Hell, I've been told that once I hit 30 I may as well buy a bunch of cats because guys won't even look at me.
Wrong! Women are even hotter in their 30's.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:38 AM

2,186 posts, read 2,919,478 times
It's odd to me every time I see a "Why do women lie about their age?" or "Why do men lie about their age?" thread. Clearly the real question should be, "Why do people lie about their age?"

Old 06-01-2013, 10:39 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,268,628 times
Lots of my friends use to lie about their age and say they were older(when we were in our teens) I never have though I've always looked younger so I couldn't have pulled it off plus I'm not great at telling fibs so I don't do it

Old 06-01-2013, 10:41 AM

2,186 posts, read 2,919,478 times
When my grandmother died in her 80's, we found she had some lifelong friends who thought she was one year younger than she was. As near as we could figure she lied to them when she met them in her early 20's (when one year actually seems significant), and maintained it the whole time.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:13 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,639,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post
I've seen both genders lie about their age. One is a guy who is a former classmate of mine who was a competitive athlete and now runs a training business. It is interesting that he would be willing to lie when so many people local to him know he is lying and it is easily proven what his true age is.
Perhaps he thinks his business won't do as well if people found out his true age. When it comes to personal trainers, people favor youth.

Quote:
That's certainly true. What's also true is this woman looks like she's in her mid 40s. Of course, when she said she was 40, i wasn't about to tell her she looks older. But even if she looked younger, from a previous conversation, i know how long she was married, how long she's been divorced, etc. Unless she got married at 18 (which isn't unheard of), there's no way she could be 40.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
It's odd to me every time I see a "Why do women lie about their age?" or "Why do men lie about their age?" thread. Clearly the real question should be, "Why do people lie about their age?"
Because men and women lie about their age for different reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships