Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 11:35 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,705 times

Advertisements

I've been running into people I haven't seen in years; after we catch up, I somehow wind up meeting or interacting with whoever they're involved with. What is seriously shocking to me, is how the people I know who are good looking, intelligent, etc. are settling for whatever/ whoever will have them- regardless of the baggage, or even major issues......
It seriously makes me wonder......

Is that what it's come to for some people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2013, 11:37 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
I think as people get older they relax their "standards"... is all I can assume....... musical chairs.... people don't wanna get left without a chair.... I guess....

Old 06-02-2013, 11:41 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,505,439 times
You would be miserable if you are settling. I rather be alone than settle.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:42 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Nah. That's what you see. I see someone putting up with the other's crap. Lol

Old 06-02-2013, 11:47 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
In other words, the older models can't compete with the newer younger models so they have to lower their price to get something rather then nothing at all.
Yeah... pretty much what I said already.....

Old 06-02-2013, 11:50 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,480,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
I've been running into people I haven't seen in years; after we catch up, I somehow wind up meeting or interacting with whoever they're involved with. What is seriously shocking to me, is how the people I know who are good looking, intelligent, etc. are settling for whatever/ whoever will have them- regardless of the baggage, or even major issues......

But in a certain sense, everyone has to settle. They have to settle because the fact is, no two people are ever perfectly right for each other. No two people are ever perfectly compatible. Everyone wants The One. Well, guess what? The One is a myth. The One is a lie. The One does not exist. Even the people we love the most are going to anger, frustrate and disappoint us at times. They are going to have baggage.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:53 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,069 times
Quote:

Sometimes you meet people who just fit right into your world regardless of whatever problem that they may have. I know for me, the only woman who really rocked my boat was a gorgeous mix race chick that had a cocaine problem and lived the crazy fast life. I was her "ground wire" so we complemented each other...

As a matter of fact, sometimes it's all those issues and baggage that makes a person appealing sometimes...

Old 06-02-2013, 11:55 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:

It sounds as though YOU decided they are settling, they don't seem to be looking at it that way

You know, when people fall in love and truly care about someone they make a conscious choice to take on that person's "baggage". The difference is, they don't look at it as burden the way you do.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:01 AM

39,198 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
It sounds as though YOU decided they are settling, they don't seem to be looking at it that way

You know, when people fall in love and truly care about someone they make a conscious choice to take on that person's "baggage". The difference is, they don't look at it as burden the way you do.
This ^^^^^^

Old 06-03-2013, 12:03 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,064,992 times
Everyone sees things differently. I am unhappily single. I'm not unhappy exactly and I could be with someone but I don't want to settle. I feel many around me have so I share your opinion but until you walk in someone else's shoes who can really say? I was with someone once who felt he'd be settling if he stayed with me. Of course all my friends and family thought I was too good for him and you know, I was. I was faithful and I really loved him. But since he wasn't as into it as me, he felt he'd be settling staying with me. Maybe fidelity and someone who would have stood by him no matter what isn't high on his list of priorities. And that is his choice. Also everyone else's choice who they are with weather we see it to be settling or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships