Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2013, 07:53 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Women need to stop asking the question period because it doesn't accomplish anything.
It's a way to get to know more about you, not a contract.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 08:01 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,569 times
Feminism just can't win. It's either turning women into sluts or keeping men from getting sex, according to this forum.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:11 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,228,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
Highlife, I'd *really* appreciate it if you could start your own thread about the things you think are issues.

I started this thread to get advice and support about my specific situation, not to debate about feminism.
That's true, I always thought it was interesting on internet forums where people ask that something stay exactly on topic even though in real life once a particular topic has run its course then people in a group will Segway into something else.

What this tread boils down too is your are complaining about having too many options and cant make up your mind. That is a very powerful position to be in and does not garner too much sympathy. There are people who have FAR fewer options and have families.

I almost think people that have too many options sabotage themselves. They go on tons of dates and love the attention and then when they are in a relationship they know that if they were back on the dating scene they would have those same options so that's exactly what they do.

I don't recall from your previous threads and posts but why exactly did your previous relationships not work?

Old 06-04-2013, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
Feminism just can't win. It's either turning women into sluts or keeping men from getting sex, according to this forum.
Its why you see men importing women from else where or leaving to find someone. My ex was even condescending when she would see a guy with a philipino woman, something about bringing more people from over seas in to the USA. I think women hate the competition, they view it as a threat to the attention they get. They have spent a long time working to set up a social dynamic where men are eating out of their hands and when a guy brings in a submissive woman for the 3rd or 2nd world you can see anger.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
Go for it! Enjoy life somewhere else. Although, I highly doubt you would ever convince a woman to be the mother of your child. You have a hard time convincing them to sleep with you to start with.
This is the condesention that some of my high school teachers would spew out, "if you don't like the US then leave", then when people do (and take their money and resumes with them), the people cry foul lol.

I live in a nation full of hypocrites.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:21 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,333,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
I almost think people that have too many options sabotage themselves. They go on tons of dates and love the attention and then when they are in a relationship they know that if they were back on the dating scene they would have those same options so that's exactly what they do.
I get exhausted easily by dating which is why...

Quote:
I don't recall from your previous threads and posts but why exactly did your previous relationships not work?
...I tend to hold onto relationships even after it's obvious the person and I aren't a good match. In the past, I've had a hard time breaking up with people, staying with them for YEARS after I've discovered they weren't a good fit. That's why I want to be extra special careful this time around to not pick the wrong person, because if I do, mentally I have a hard time getting out of it.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:21 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
I ask it to men because I want to know they have no plans of marriage or kids. I don't want to waste my time with a man who does. Who would want to waste time with someone who isn't on the same page?

It's better to just figure it out through conversation instead of blurting out....."DO YOU WANT KIDS?

Old 06-04-2013, 08:23 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,333,785 times
Quote:
It's better to just figure it out through conversation instead of blurting out....."DO YOU WANT KIDS?
Hey WestPhillyDude, check out my response to your post and tell me what you think:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/29875050-post86.html

Old 06-04-2013, 08:24 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,569 times
Quote:
Its why you see men importing women from else where or leaving to find someone. My ex was even condescending when she would see a guy with a philipino woman, something about bringing more people from over seas in to the USA. I think women hate the competition, they view it as a threat to the attention they get. They have spent a long time working to set up a social dynamic where men are eating out of their hands and when a guy brings in a submissive woman for the 3rd or 2nd world you can see anger.
I've never experienced this, but it's a nice story.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:25 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,138 times
Quote:
Oh I don't normally ask. I blurt out that I don't as early on in a relationship as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships