Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2013, 08:35 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,811,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
You're right and it's because I'm collecting data. That's all I'm doing, collecting data. The more data the better. It's ok to me if some of it's redundant.
Good to know. I'll steer clear of your threads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 08:37 AM

2,385 posts, read 4,334,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
Good to know. I'll steer clear of your threads.
hey, if all your going to do in them is fight with highlife, you'd be doing me a favor lol.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:56 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I have never known a RL woman who did this. Have you? It sounds like an internet myth. Check Snopes

Edit: I have known a couple of guys who did, though. They were, oh, probably 2's or 3's at best. The trick was they were good in bed.

Raises hand!

Old 06-05-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Raises hand!
Haha, this topic might actually be my next new thread...but I'm going to give it *at least* a few days before I start it lol.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:00 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Ladies, I'm using this board as a RESOURCE and I'm mining it for all it's worth. I obviously have other interests in life, but I'm using this part of the board for a very specific purpose. I know, the nerve! Asking a relationship forum for answers to...relationship questions. lolololololol.

And this might blow your all's mind but, not everyone wants to see the same stupid fights you're having with the same posters throughout every single thread, regardless of topic. THAT is self-centered, and THAT is making it all about you. Not the posters who start topics with a specific focus and are looking for answers.
Here you have gotten defensive and missed out on something that could be very helpful to you.

I don't happen to think its necessarily sèlf-centered. But you need to RELAX for a minute and consider WHY you believe that you HAVE to enforce all these rules that YOU made up and only YOU are enforcing.

I'm not talking about this stupid thread. I'm talking about your apparent tendency to box yourself and potential dates into very narrow categories.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Here you have gotten defensive and missed out on something that could be very helpful to you.

I don't happen to think its necessarily sèlf-centered. But you need to RELAX for a minute and consider WHY you believe that you HAVE to enforce all these rules that YOU made up and only YOU are enforcing.

I'm not talking about this stupid thread. I'm talking about your apparent tendency to box yourself and potential dates into very narrow categories.
I'm really not sure which rules you're talking about or where I'm "boxing myself in" when it comes to dating?

I have asked everyone to stay on topic in this thread, but I'm not really sure where you're seeing that this translates into dating for me?

Old 06-05-2013, 09:10 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times
Quote:
I'm really not sure which rules you're talking about or where I'm "boxing myself in" when it comes to dating?

I have asked everyone to stay on topic in this thread, but I'm not really sure where you're seeing that this translates into dating for me?
Many people have suggested having a child on your own.

Can you reply to that suggestion?

Old 06-05-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Many people have suggested having a child on your own.

Can you reply to that suggestion?
For me, I feel like this would be a method of last resort. I don't know if I'm to the point where I need to consider this option just yet.

I would also have to decide whether I think it's fair to willfully bring a child into the world who doesn't have a father. I know marriages sometimes don't last, but I feel that's a different situation than willfully having a child that doesn't have a father. In affect, I would be intentionally taking a parent away from my (future) child. Right now, I don't have any male friends who would be on board donating their sperm, as far as I know. I'm certainly not going to ask them when I'm not even sure if it's something I want to do, yet.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:19 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times
Quote:
For me, I feel like this would be a method of last resort. I don't know if I'm to the point where I need to consider this option just yet.

I would also have to decide whether I think it's fair to willfully bring a child into the world who doesn't have a father. I know marriages sometimes don't last, but I feel that's a different situation than willfully having a child that doesn't have a father. In affect, I would be intentionally taking a parent away from my (future) child. Right now, I don't have any male friends who would be on board donating their sperm, as far as I know. I'm certainly not going to ask them when I'm not even sure if it's something I want to do, yet.
Than to be honest, you don't need to come off so desperate.

If you are not to the point where AI is your only option, you don't need to be dating multiple men with the only intent of using him to get what you want-a child.

Time to reevaluate. You need to chill out and let things take their course, or step up and figure out how to get what you want without bringing a man/someone elses feelings into the mix.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:24 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Your insistence that people stay on topic here intrigues me. Yes, that is part of the TOS here, but you are literally the ONLY poster I see continually doing this on this forum. People stray into sidebars here all the time. Most posters ignore it.

It's just that based on your posting history, you impose a lot of arbitrary rules on yourself and others, i.e.

"Use this thread how I intended!"
"How many dates make it a 'serious' relationship?"
"How many guys is too many to date?"
"I must have children!"
"I must find my true love!"
"I must find my true love and have children by 'this' date or I am doomed to ...?"

I think it's a personality issue that's worth looking into.
Did you read this? I explained it here.

Stop thinking about the thread and how people post here and consider WHY you look at life in terms of absolutes. A checklist with deadlines.

A baby is not just something you do, like get a masters degree and buy a home. Your instincts are correct about AI. There is a reason it takes two to make a baby, and just because science makes it possible that one person CAN do it doesn't mean that person should.

Get off the Internet. Focus on being the best YOU. If you find a partner, celebrate. If you have a baby, focus.

If not, learn to adjust and move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships