Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 06:50 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times

Advertisements

Next time you like a girl, dress up in your nice clothes, go knock on her door and take her out. Cutting off contact for a month, sent her a message that you have other priorities. Girls like guys who know what they want and know how to get it. Texting is fine for inbetween communication, but you need to spend time with someone to truly get to know them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 07:58 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
I hope that girl moved on quickly. What you did was selfish and a bit controlling. We've all studied for finals and I don't remember one instance where I considered cutting off all contact with anyone I really cared about for an entire month. Just imagine if she was the one who started this thread. No one here would be defending you; they would be telling her to move on adn forget about you. Which I suspect she has already done.

So the question was
Quote:
how to proceed with this GIRL
Well, you don't. You screwed up. Sorry.

Last edited by Joe the Photog; 06-04-2013 at 08:15 AM..

Old 06-04-2013, 08:42 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,687,867 times
As previous posters have noted, you missed your window. She was interested, but you have to fan those flames or they will die out. Strike while the iron is hot so to speak. I think we've all had this happen at one point. You meet someone, interest on both sides, but life gets in the way sometimes and the opportunity slips away.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:17 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,398,152 times
next time dont waste ur time texting a girl every day that u arent even dating.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:50 PM

111 posts, read 223,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
We've all studied for finals and I don't remember one instance where I considered cutting off all contact with anyone I really cared about for an entire month.
Yeah, I'm confused about what kind of "placement exam" is so difficult it forces you to cut off all contact with her (with everyone else too?) for a whole month. If someone told me that I'd think they didn't want to see me any more and were just too wimpy to say it.

Old 06-04-2013, 02:56 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleShadow View Post
Yeah, I'm confused about what kind of "placement exam" is so difficult it forces you to cut off all contact with her (with everyone else too?) for a whole month. If someone told me that I'd think they didn't want to see me any more and were just too wimpy to say it.
Hopefully it was a placement exam for an English/grammar class.

Old 06-04-2013, 02:58 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontherocx4 View Post
@brokencrayola:
ya i understand that.. but i informed her that i want to prepare well for that exam and she know its kinda tough exam.
i cut down giving the proper reason. isnt that enough?
No. I think it's a pretty lame excuse. It would not kill you to text here a few minutes at the very least every day. Even if it means just when you are sitting on the toilet or eating. I highly doubt you were studying every single waking moment of every day.

If a chick did that to me I would probably tell her to get bent, and I would expect the same if I just blew her off for a month.. unless I was unconscious, dead, or in jail...

Old 06-04-2013, 03:03 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
No. I think it's a pretty lame excuse. It would not kill you to text here a few minutes at the very least every day. Even if it means just when you are sitting on the toilet or eating. I highly doubt you were studying every single waking moment of every day.

If a chick did that to me I would probably tell her to get bent, and I would expect the same if I just blew her off for a month.. unless I was unconscious, dead, or in jail...
^^^^This. Also the fact that it sounds like they never even met face-to-face. Good enough to text, but not meet, and then not even good enough to text for a whole month. Of course she moved on, there isn't really another interpretation on her end that is reasonable!

Old 06-04-2013, 03:03 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleShadow View Post
If it is a GRE or GMAT, I'd side with the OP. As expensive as those are on a small budget, I'd want to be left alone for a month myself so I could concentrate.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:48 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
If it is a GRE or GMAT, I'd side with the OP. As expensive as those are on a small budget, I'd want to be left alone for a month myself so I could concentrate.
Unsure how much those cost nor do I care. 3 years ago I paid $2800 for a 7ish week course and test. I was the only one who passed out of 30 or so people. Some taking it for their 2nd or 3rd time. I was also working 56 hrs a week and I STILL took Saturdays off from studying so I could spend time with my gf.

A month of zero talking is stupid. I'd tell a girl to kick rocks if she did that to me, and I would never fo that to someone I was interested in. Take 10 seconds to respond to a text. Send 20 texts a day and thats not even four whole minutes. Get real......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships