Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 07:51 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,370,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Sadly older women are deemed ugly as they age which is a shame. I have no doubt it's one of the reasons I failed with online dating because I am seeking a man like me, but the men like me are seeking younger pretty women. Meanwhile the guys mostly contacting me were the ones most women don't want.
This^

I'm 40 and don't get much for msgs. on OKC,
and a goodly number of those still don't seem to have anything in common with me.

However, I admit I'm in a difficult location in which to meet folks-in that respect,
I'd be better off moving back to the city (but I don't want to, I like it here...except for trying to date).
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
My experience is that men's self-ratings are ALL over the map. I know very handsome men who consider themselves ugly, and vice versa.

I also don't know many women who care much about looks. Or money. To many women, a '10' is a guy withing 5 years of her age who isn't sexist and values love as much as sex.
And this^.

I care about looks, but *not* in a "male model" sense.
Am only "so-so" looking, I acknowledge this & accept it-
but I'd like a guy of at least "average" attractiveness,
whatever that even means (since it's a subjective/personal judgment anyway).

Don't care about money or status symbols, whatever is fashionable/hip/current.

A relationship, not a ONS, is what I seek-
and it sure would be nice to meet a guy looking for same (with someone like me).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 08:06 PM

237 posts, read 440,587 times
Quote:
Those guys they deemed as ugly though were not would actually be better looking by far from most of the men who contacted me. I'm not big on looks but if a guy looks like Frankenstein or Quasimodo (as many of the men did)he's not going to appeal to me.
Quasimodo need love too

Old 06-06-2013, 10:00 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
This^

I'm 40 and don't get much for msgs. on OKC,
and a goodly number of those still don't seem to have anything in common with me.

However, I admit I'm in a difficult location in which to meet folks-in that respect,
I'd be better off moving back to the city (but I don't want to, I like it here...except for trying to date).
I don't live far from Chicago so I have that going in my favor and there are many single men in the city but the problem is many aren't online or they aren't seeking someone like me. What really frustrated me was not only the men contacting me who I stated I wouldn't date, but the nastiness so many of them were towards me. I couldn't begin to mention the nasty messages I would get from men saying how dare I not want to date someone like me. It is my right not to date someone I don't want to but they often felt entitled, like I should take anything.

Old 06-06-2013, 10:18 PM

342 posts, read 438,031 times
Quote:
Yep. So many men think that because they are older they can get the same women they did as younger. Such a myth as I don't know many women who want a much older man unless he is rich or they have daddy issues.
Not true for older age groups. 45-50 y.o women do not have a choice but look for someone much older...cause men of their age are not available for them....50 y.o woman is considered to be " too old" for 50 y.o. man.

Old 06-06-2013, 10:30 PM

523 posts, read 840,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquamarin View Post
Not true for older age groups. 45-50 y.o women do not have a choice but look for someone much older...cause men of their age are not available for them....50 y.o woman is considered to be " too old" for 50 y.o. man.
No, this isn't true. I am 42 and date men 38-45.

Old 06-06-2013, 10:31 PM

12 posts, read 18,699 times
Quote:
Yep. So many men think that because they are older they can get the same women they did as younger. Such a myth as I don't know many women who want a much older man unless he is rich or they have daddy issues.
Exactly. And then you have to wonder, what's wrong with a man that wants a much younger woman. Either he just wants sex, he is extremely immature and can't communicate with someone his own age, or God knows what else. Sorry, but I find it next to impossible that a 40 year old man can have a meaningful relationship with a 22 year old woman.

That said, so many guys go after younger women. It is ridiculous. I have heard guys say women start to "go south" in their late 20s. I have had men tell me I'm "getting kinda old." I just turned 26, and they were within 10 years of my age. WTF?

Then again, if I were to believe the Olay ads for anti aging products, 26 is getting old. Better go get my botox.

Old 06-07-2013, 12:11 AM

630 posts, read 1,048,914 times
so damn true. Now we have the shallowness of men broken down in stats.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:51 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,228,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenaus View Post
so damn true. Now we have the shallowness of men broken down in stats.
aren't women doing the same things just in different ways, I see older women that still had a laundry list of standards.

Old 06-07-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquamarin View Post
Not true. A 50 year old man who thinks a 50 year old women is too old is going to have to deal with being alone. Women don't generally like much older men, though men seem to think they do.

Old 06-07-2013, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caro88 View Post
Exactly. And then you have to wonder, what's wrong with a man that wants a much younger woman. Either he just wants sex, he is extremely immature and can't communicate with someone his own age, or God knows what else. Sorry, but I find it next to impossible that a 40 year old man can have a meaningful relationship with a 22 year old woman.

That said, so many guys go after younger women. It is ridiculous. I have heard guys say women start to "go south" in their late 20s. I have had men tell me I'm "getting kinda old." I just turned 26, and they were within 10 years of my age. WTF?

Then again, if I were to believe the Olay ads for anti aging products, 26 is getting old. Better go get my botox.
They claim it's because the younger women are more active or they can have kids but in reality it's because these men want a woman they can control. Either that or they believe the lie that older men are desired by young women. It's funny when I see these men seeking much younger then complaining there are no good women. There are, they just aren't being asked to date because these delusional men think young women want them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships