Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which would you choose as more appealing?
Woman A 92 95.83%
Woman B 4 4.17%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 02:57 PM

4,562 posts, read 5,416,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Copying the "Ladies which of these guys appeals to you more?" thread...

Woman A
Beautiful face with a fantastic body. Style-wise is fashionable & feminine with great hair & well-done makeup. Likes art, literature, travel - is sophisticated & cultured. Not down to earth, but elegant, classy & a tad whimsical. Very intelligent & informed on global issues. Has a professional job & higher education. Strong sense of morality & integrity. Very kind & sweet, is generous & easy-going with a strong altruistic nature, but sometimes aloof and hard to open up. Is subtly sensuous, hinting at more, but slow to warm at first. Has no children & has never been married.

Woman B
Average looking with an average body. Style-wise is simple & plain & cheap. Likes sports & pop culture - talks about reality show personas like she knows them. Earthy but shallow; has little interests beyond her daily sphere. Works a menial job & has a high school education. Has some common sense but is not bright otherwise. Tends to sway with the wind; adapts to current trends for moral standards & values. Can be funny & bubbly - is warm & puts people at ease, but is still often naggy, gossipy, and demanding. Is openly flirty & aggressive. Has a child from a previous marriage.

Let's say all the other factors are about the same.
This isnt even close. Woman A for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2015, 03:17 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,443,100 times
The problem with these types of polls is in reality the vast majority are a combination of these two. I'd say my s/o is 75% A and 25% B. She loves travel and the arts and very educated and in a position where she supervises a number of people. However, she is very down to earth, has a lot of interests and plenty of common sense. So, I didn't vote but there are more positives to me with the A compared to B.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:18 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,096,890 times
The description of woman B paints a woman in a bad light... using terms that area associated with the negative. Woman B may be the better choice for some but the description would make them sway to woman A unfairly.

Woman B to me sounds like a dumb, ugly, unsophisticated, trailer trash which may be an unfair assessment.

Of course I would choose A over B BUT I have very little in common with woman A.... more than likely split up with such a woman shortly after the 1st date.

Old 04-11-2015, 04:36 PM

13,646 posts, read 9,708,585 times
To me, "Woman B" congeals the very antithesis of what I seek. Her lifestyle, mores and principles, manners and values, interests and behaviors are precisely the opposite of what I'd find to be appealing in a romantic partner, or for that matter a friend, a neighbor or coworker. "Woman A" is of course also a cartoon and a composite sketch, perhaps contrived to be maximally appealing. And yes, the appeal works. But my main point here is that "Woman B" - and it doesn't really matter that she happens to be a woman - isn't the sort of person whose company I'd crave. Full stop.

Old 04-11-2015, 05:00 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,140,233 times
Quote:

Woman A
Beautiful face with a fantastic body. Style-wise is fashionable & feminine with great hair & well-done makeup. Likes art, literature, travel - is sophisticated & cultured. Not down to earth, but elegant, classy & a tad whimsical. Very intelligent & informed on global issues. Has a professional job & higher education. Strong sense of morality & integrity. Very kind & sweet, is generous & easy-going with a strong altruistic nature, but sometimes aloof and hard to open up. Is subtly sensuous, hinting at more, but slow to warm at first. Has no children & has never been married.

I typically find women like A:

Flighty
Unreliable
Un-lovable
Intellectually dishonest
Loaded to the gills with student loan debt

I’ve dated a few type a women and the reality is they just have not gotten a cat(s) yet.

Woman B is the type of women that you can fart in front of and she’s not going to read you the riot act.

Old 10-05-2016, 05:04 PM

3,491 posts, read 6,973,115 times
I would pick woman A.

Old 10-05-2016, 10:33 PM

123 posts, read 103,936 times
Quote:

Woman A

Woman B
Average looking with an average body. Style-wise is simple & plain & cheap. Likes sports & pop culture - talks about reality show personas like she knows them. Earthy but shallow; has little interests beyond her daily sphere. Works a menial job & has a high school education. Has some common sense but is not bright otherwise. Tends to sway with the wind; adapts to current trends for moral standards & values. Can be funny & bubbly - is warm & puts people at ease, but is still often naggy, gossipy, and demanding. Is openly flirty & aggressive. Has a child from a previous marriage.

So Woman A has everything a guy could possibly want and Woman B has nothing that a guy would really want.

These polls are usually more difficult than this.

Old 10-05-2016, 11:06 PM

42 posts, read 22,626 times
This one is a no-brainer, woman A wins JUST on the fact she has no kid(s)/baggage. Although a caveat is that, as others have pointed out, a good-looking woman "and" a warm/friendly personality are mutually exclusive and is a misnomer

I've found that the hotter the woman, the more hostile her personality/demeanor, the sweetspot seems to be in the 7-8/10 attractiveness range. 9's and 10's seem to have hostile attitudes as a general rule, perhaps a defensive adaptation they have developed from all the pampering, ass-kissing, guys, and attention they are flooded with their whole life aka "princess syndrome" or "spoiled rich girl syndrome".

Old 10-06-2016, 02:04 AM

1,668 posts, read 1,486,659 times
I choose Woman A, or at least a woman who is a little more like A than like B.

Old 10-06-2016, 02:22 AM

123 posts, read 103,936 times
What's interesting about this poll is that it's a good study on the objectivity of attractiveness. 75 responses, 72 of which chose the objectively more attractive option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships