Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 12:32 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times

Advertisements

Many of these examples are pretty superficial. To be a romantic, you have to have a certain attitude that influences everything you do.

If you're not afraid to run through Grand Central Station, arms outstretched, greeting your beloved with loud cries of "Principetta", you are a romantic.

If you love to dance the way Antoine does before Mathilde in the film "The Hairdresser's Husband", you are a romantic.

If you support your beloved in moments of her agony with silent empathy rather than reason, you are a romantic.

If you loved the pain of those past relationships of yours that ended with such great tragic sorrow, you are a romantic.

Get it? It's a part of your soul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 12:46 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,755,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I'll tell ya. Just being called "wahine" would probably be enough to win me over. LOL. Soooooooo cute and a li'l hot. (NOT a come-on, I'm married, just pointing that out.)

So darned full of cute!
So glad i could please Maka'i Wahine lol. Mahalo Aloha.

Old 06-11-2013, 02:53 AM

79 posts, read 85,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Cleaning the house, making a candlelight dinner, after make a fire on the fireplace. Just talk ect thru the night. Romantic ladies or not?
I would consider that romantic

Old 06-11-2013, 06:15 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
I was thinking the same thing! I love romance, even thinking maybe I should look into how to romance a guy. But although I think the OPs kisses on the floor idea is really cute , it IS the real stuff that counts even if someone is not romantic. The post OP is commenting on said romance to her is proving he cares. (the OP clearly doesn't agree "are you serious? Poor girl.") It is guys. It really is. Real stuff over romance but I'll take the romance too thank you
If I threw kisses on the floor my husband would come home and say "Who made this mess????" LOL

I'm not big into romance...makes me feel awkward and it's just too much attention. I don't like candlelight dinners...it feels contrived.

Romantic to me would be:

-my husband coming home and saying "throw a dress on, we're going to dinner" so that I don't have to cook, and then actually going to a place I like.

-surprising me with lower level AISLE SEAT tickets to a game

-joining me on a trip to a historical city even though he'd be bored to death

-planning an outting for us...one that doesn't include the boat and/or fishing

Old 06-11-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
If I threw kisses on the floor my husband would come home and say "Who made this mess????" LOL

I'm not big into romance...makes me feel awkward and it's just too much attention. I don't like candlelight dinners...it feels contrived.

Romantic to me would be:

-my husband coming home and saying "throw a dress on, we're going to dinner" so that I don't have to cook, and then actually going to a place I like.

-surprising me with lower level AISLE SEAT tickets to a game

-joining me on a trip to a historical city even though he'd be bored to death

-planning an outting for us...one that doesn't include the boat and/or fishing
Ya lol, the kisses thing is usually used on the fairer sex. Ya a little to soft for guys. The wonderful thing ladies with us guys is where so easy, in lighting our fire. Were so damn visual lol.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:39 AM

Guys i don't know if its me? But what i find romantic and also lights my fire as a guy is when im making my wahine happy. When she gives you that look and smile that she only gives you. Priceless.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:02 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,963,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Guys i don't know if its me? But what i find romantic and also lights my fire as a guy is when im making my wahine happy. When she gives you that look and smile that she only gives you. Priceless.
It's the way she says "babe" when we're just doing random things around the house.

It's the way she holds me after a long, miserable day at work.

It's the way she smiles at me when we're hanging out with friends.

It's the way she makes me feel whenever she is around me.

It's the total package, really. My wife has a way of making me feel loved no matter the setting or time. And even when I screw up, she tells me she loves me for who I am.

--Dim

Old 06-11-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dimwit View Post
It's the way she says "babe" when we're just doing random things around the house.

It's the way she holds me after a long, miserable day at work.

It's the way she smiles at me when we're hanging out with friends.

It's the way she makes me feel whenever she is around me.

It's the total package, really. My wife has a way of making me feel loved no matter the setting or time. And even when I screw up, she tells me she loves me for who I am.

--Dim
Well then brah your a blessed man.

Old 06-11-2013, 12:44 PM

How about a nice dinner with candlelight and this song playing

At This Moment - Billy Vera and the Beaters - YouTube

Old 06-26-2013, 12:38 AM

Need i say more

Marvin Gaye - Lets get it on - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships