Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 06:44 PM

1,016 posts, read 2,978,984 times

Advertisements

Ok so I'm black and my girlfriend is black and white. One of my friends said that we're considered an interracial couple because my girlfriend is "white passible" meaning she has prominent white European features in her face (like Alicia Keys) and a nice olive/light brown skin tone (like southern Italians/Sicilians). Anyway I replied to him "Dude what are you talking about we are not an interracial couple she is HALF BLACK" haha. Even though it was a humorous debate he was very serious in his statement that we are considered an interracial couple. I know he's full of crap because no one considers that an interracial couple (no one I know at least). Now my girlfriend can look white at times like when she straightens her curly kinky hair she does kind of look like a white woman with a nice olive tan and I can understand why my friend feels the way he does but you can still very obviously tell she's half black.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2013, 06:47 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Why does it even matter?

Old 06-07-2013, 07:06 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBoyDJ View Post
but you can still very obviously tell she's half black.
ive had some white chocolate before. pretty darn good

Old 06-07-2013, 07:11 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
ive had some white chocolate before. pretty darn good
Omg......hahaha

Old 06-07-2013, 07:23 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,936 times
I wouldn't consider you an interracial couple. Whether you are by some technical definition, I couldn't say.

Old 06-07-2013, 07:26 PM

523 posts, read 840,208 times
It depends on who you ask

Old 06-07-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
I wouldn't consider you an interracial couple. Whether you are by some technical definition, I couldn't say.
Right....that's what I'm saying like I don't consider Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon an interracial couple even though Mariah Carey is "white passable" but you get the point.

Old 06-07-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogluvr2013 View Post
It depends on who you ask
True I guess it's all subjective. Like I have another friend who's white and his girlfriend is Argentinian and he considers them an interracial couple just because she's latina and speaks Spanish but she is definitely white and you can't tell her apart from your typical American white girl but whatever you say I guess.

Old 06-07-2013, 08:53 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,554,196 times
Quote:
Ok so I'm black and my girlfriend is black and white. One of my friends said that we're considered an interracial couple because my girlfriend is "white passible" meaning she has prominent white European features in her face (like Alicia Keys) and a nice olive/light brown skin tone (like southern Italians/Sicilians). Anyway I replied to him "Dude what are you talking about we are not an interracial couple she is HALF BLACK" haha. Even though it was a humorous debate he was very serious in his statement that we are considered an interracial couple. I know he's full of crap because no one considers that an interracial couple (no one I know at least). Now my girlfriend can look white at times like when she straightens her curly kinky hair she does kind of look like a white woman with a nice olive tan and I can understand why my friend feels the way he does but you can still very obviously tell she's half black.
If your girlfriend has a Black parent, and a non-Black parent, then she is biracial, and you are in an interracial relationship. Its just that simple. Your friend is correct. You can't ignore the 'half white' side of her, especially if she looks it. If she is able to look White, then that is how many will view her.

Old 06-07-2013, 09:01 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,554,196 times
Quote:
Right....that's what I'm saying like I don't consider Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon an interracial couple even though Mariah Carey is "white passable" but you get the point.
Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon are an interracial couple with White looking children. Mariah Carey is beyond 'white passable'. Her father is biracial, and her mother is White. Mariah Carey is mostly White.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships