Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 03:40 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
Im wealthy but I'd never tell this to a date as it might be all she likes about me , I'm ugly so that wouldn't be unsurprising

have you received the question.........."do you like your job?" LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2013, 06:21 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
Yes woman care that you have a job because guys who don't work are perceived as losers. Granted there are some reasons why people don't work, like the economy or sickness and I would hope people keep that in mind. I can't help but wonder though that many of you men are finding women who only care about your money because you are seeking much younger. I can understand a 20 something woman only dating an older man because he has money because otherwise why would she be interested when she can find a hot stud her age?

Anyway, I was just talking to my mom about this and she doesn't understand why I failed at online dating. I told her being a 42 year old woman on a dating site is like being invisible. Oh sure if I lowered my standards by dating dads or older men I may have struck gold but why go for something I know would make me miserable?

Old 09-07-2013, 07:01 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Yes woman care that you have a job because guys who don't work are perceived as losers. Granted there are some reasons why people don't work, like the economy or sickness and I would hope people keep that in mind. I can't help but wonder though that many of you men are finding women who only care about your money because you are seeking much younger. I can understand a 20 something woman only dating an older man because he has money because otherwise why would she be interested when she can find a hot stud her age?

Anyway, I was just talking to my mom about this and she doesn't understand why I failed at online dating. I told her being a 42 year old woman on a dating site is like being invisible. Oh sure if I lowered my standards by dating dads or older men I may have struck gold but why go for something I know would make me miserable?

I don't think unemployed men should be dating anyway because being unemployed is enough drama in itself so you definitely don't need added drama with dating

Old 09-07-2013, 08:58 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
There are all kinds of people who shouldn't be dating but are, like those going through a divorce or on probation.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:39 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
There are all kinds of people who shouldn't be dating but are, like those going through a divorce or on probation.

That's true but I was unable to do it and was not going to even try and wine and dine someone on a Unemployment check

Old 11-17-2013, 08:58 AM

587 posts, read 1,411,273 times
Online dating, if you're a man, is a lot like looking for a job online. That is, every woman's profile gets dozens of responses weekly much like every online job ad generates dozens to hundreds of well qualified applicants. You could be a tall good looking guy with a great personality and a decent job, but there are also countless other guys to compete with. Men often get lost in the shuffle. Women are like overwhelmed employers receiving scores of resumes and they have become just as picky as people offering jobs in this economy.

However, it is often easier to find a date in real life as opposed to online for most people. Just like with jobs, many people meet their significant other through their personal network of friends, family or local social clubs or organizations. But nothing compares to real life chemistry between strangers. A woman that might overlook a man's profile online might be completely enamored with the same man in real life. Pictures and profiles often act as a funhouse mirror. Women have mastered the art of making themselves look much better than they do in real life and men lie about their height and level of personal success.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:33 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaticVillage View Post
Online dating, if you're a man, is a lot like looking for a job online.
Really? Man, I wish online job hunting were half as easy as online dating.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:56 AM

31 posts, read 38,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
I didnt have much luck. I changed my income ,and within 30 minutes I had a bunch of replies.
Yeah, this blows. I recently moved across the country for a job opportunity. Since I basically know nobody in my new area, I thought I'd give match.com a shot. Initially, I had my salary listed, and I was getting a lot of responses and dates. I didn't really have good chemistry with those girls; I kind of got the gold digger vibe from them. I removed my salary from my profile, and now I haven't gotten a single response!

Old 11-17-2013, 09:58 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,373 times
I found online dating to be a breeze. I had one girl literally like obsessed with me which I found amazing because she was receiving several hundred messages a week. She even showed me. She was mega clingy. Super nice and great girl but wanted to like be married practically after a few weeks.

I met a ton of great girls but maybe I just wasnt really ready to date or maybe I was too picky.

I found a LOT of things that helped.

1. Make your profile amusine and memorable. Give women points in your profile they may be able to comment on or speak more about to keep conversations going.

2. Pictures. Unless youre insane jacked, no shirtless pics. Even if you are its iffy but if youre in good enough shape manyyyy girls will look past it..

Also, post pics with friends and/or family. It shows youre a normal person and can attain good relationships with friends and family. If you have a dog it shows you are probably semi responsible and caring.

Lastly, send GOOD messages. Not 5 page novels. Not "hey whats up?" From the girls I talked to the majority of their messages were something short and stupid.

Send a nice message that ackowledges you actually READ their profile. Be it their hobbies, interests, etc. etc.

"I see you like mountain biking, have you been to xxx park? Ive been going there lately, they have great trails"

Also, I personally almost never make any comment of their appearance or pictures for at least a few messages.

Along with all the "hey whats up?" Messages, I believe the attractive ones also get a ton of messages complimenting their looks and mention nothing of their actual profile.

Just a few tips. The best thing is a good tongue and cheek funny profile and a way to send messages that are unique. Sometimes if a girl said she prefers white men under 30 I'd send a message saying "as you can see by my pictures I am a 40 year old black man but I hope you can make an exception " I'm 25 and white. I'd do the same thing if they said they prefer black men, just the other way around lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 11-17-2013, 11:41 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,990,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelM View Post
Yeah, this blows. I recently moved across the country for a job opportunity. Since I basically know nobody in my new area, I thought I'd give match.com a shot. Initially, I had my salary listed, and I was getting a lot of responses and dates. I didn't really have good chemistry with those girls; I kind of got the gold digger vibe from them. I removed my salary from my profile, and now I haven't gotten a single response!
What's wrong with you? Dont hide who you are...if you have money let it show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships