Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2017, 10:22 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,713,073 times

Advertisements

From what I've read it's pretty normal in Japan. Something like 70% of men and women under age 30 are virgins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2017, 09:45 AM

405 posts, read 240,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
You're right, most of the wrong men won't date her.

But let's be real, there are a lot of good, young men whose goal is marriage and not "shacking up".

There are lots of women in their early twenties who are virgins. It isn't uncommon. The same goes for young men. Are they in the minority? Sure. However, there's still quite a number. It's not like they're extremely rare.

Any person who puts sex above marriage and a quality relationship is simply immature, a sign of high hormonal levels found in youth.

Sex before marriage should be out of the question.

If The man wants to get married I agree that they should wait, but what if the man doesn't believe in marriage?.

Old 02-08-2017, 03:14 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,285,738 times
Just a person who hasn't had sex yet. Not a big deal tbh.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:13 AM

3,145 posts, read 2,646,080 times
no big deal at all. I would commend her for holding out on temptation.

When i was a teenager, i would have laughed at her, but as a grown ass adult, I would give her props.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:27 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,394,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna181 View Post
Hello,

I am a 22 year old girl and even though people tell me I'm pretty, men look at me quite a bit and I get hit on, I never had a real bf and I am still a virgin. I've had occasions in the past but I just never did anything about it because I don't want my first time to be with someone that I either don't truly love or that I love but doesn't really love me... I don't want it to be a casual hook up either. I'm quite shy I must admit, it can take me a bit of time to feel really comfortable with a guy, and I'm also not a girly-girl who falls in love every 2 months and within a few days. Even when I'm attracted and troubled by a guy, I need to take the time to get to know him, to become friend with him, to discover the small details that distinguishes him from the others to develop solid romantic feelings and be able to start a relationship. I think time, a bit of longing, make the feelings way more intense, so why sleeping with a charming guy you've met very recently when you could wait a few weeks or more and make all the sensations way stronger ? I am not religious at all, just romantic, maybe a bit too much, but I just want my first time to be with someone special to whom I will also be special. Anyways, I'm now 22 and getting a bit tired of waiting for love... am I being too idealistic and romantic, should I just stop making a big deal about this and go for a guy I'm not necessarily that thrilled about ? I don't want to... but I'm also a bit worried about what would a guy I like and date think of me still being a virgin.
What would you guys think if you'd meet a girl from my age, kind of like her and start dating her, and discover she is still a virgin ? How would you react ? Would it be a turn-off, or would you be glad she wants to give it to you ? Thanks in advance !
I think it makes you wise and...dare I say it...moral. As a man I wouldn't be put off in the slightest. To me there's just way too much casual sex going on and I find that to be insincere and a turn-off. Stick to your guns!

Old 02-10-2017, 12:04 PM

2,664 posts, read 2,079,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post
If someone pressures you don't waste time with them. Go at your own speed. Have the confidence to not care what others think and you'll be miles ahead in life outlook.

I agree but you also have to be realistic that not every guy will wait for you for months or years until you are ready. Not every guy in his late twenty's who is sexually experienced will wait that long even if you are a virgin...

Old 02-10-2017, 12:12 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,567,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
I agree but you also have to be realistic that not every guy will wait for you for months or years until you are ready. Not every guy in his late twenty's who is sexually experienced will wait that long even if you are a virgin...
So then they just aren't a match. He doesn't have to wait longer than he wants and she doesn't have to have sex sooner than she wants.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:41 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,354,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
I think it makes you wise and...dare I say it...moral.
You can of course say both. Saying it however does not make it true. There is nothing particularly moral about it, and there is nothing particularly immoral about the opposite either. Same goes for "wise".

Old 02-13-2017, 06:18 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,175,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
You can of course say both. Saying it however does not make it true. There is nothing particularly moral about it, and there is nothing particularly immoral about the opposite either. Same goes for "wise".
It makes it true for that person. In some people's mind, they respect it as a moral. That poster did say "I think", which means they weren't stating it as an all around fact. In their opinion, they respect it as a moral and wise choice that the OP has waited a while.

TO YOU, there's nothing moral or immoral about it.

Just like TO SOME, there's nothing immoral about abortion.
But for some others, it's disgusting.

Old 02-13-2017, 06:25 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,416,618 times
^ Perhaps you can say that but should we be buying into the idea that putting "I think" before something somehow stop it from being nonsense if it would be nonsense without saying that? I certainly do not think so.

When it comes to morality we are talking about a realm of discourse that should be amenable to common precepts or reality shared by all of us. A statement that is nonsense does not preclude itself from deconstruction or discussion merely because it was expressed as a personal opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships