Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 01:15 AM

4 posts, read 3,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Some of you want a happy accident where BAM you meet your physical and spirtitual soulmate that finishes your sentences (as do me and mine) and you expect that this can happen just through serendipity. Erm... no, it can't. People learn that at different rates, but those that can't, well they become 40 and single. Those who have other constraints besides unrealistic expectations are also virginal as well as being over 40.

I've been with a fair number of women. I've lost count really. The age of their first experience came up in all the long term relationships. Sooner or later you get around to talking about it. I can't recall a single one of them that hadn't had sex by age 16. Not a single one. And I'm old. And I'm Middle Class. So are all of my ex's. Quality women in other words. Good educations. Good jobs. No longer virgins after 16. Even the religious ones. I'm just one guy and my personal experience may not count for much but I have a feeling that someone 30 who hasn't ever even once, found anyone that they could date, isn't going to.
It's kind of ridiculous how people make such assumptions about virgins. Like they all have standards that are too high or they don't put themselves out there. Maybe none of those are the case. There are tons of reasons why someone could be a virgin at 30. And even if they are, they are things that can change. You make it seem like if someone hasn't had sex by age 30, they are doomed to die alone.

As for your implication that anyone who hasn't had sex by age 16 has something wrong with them, that is absolutely ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2017, 02:21 AM

926 posts, read 828,217 times
Virgin is a positive until you get above 26, then it's just weird.

Old 04-08-2017, 10:12 PM

4 posts, read 3,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer705 View Post
Why? Because *you* say so?

Old 04-09-2017, 01:47 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilli57211 View Post
It's kind of ridiculous how people make such assumptions about virgins. Like they all have standards that are too high or they don't put themselves out there. Maybe none of those are the case. There are tons of reasons why someone could be a virgin at 30. And even if they are, they are things that can change. You make it seem like if someone hasn't had sex by age 30, they are doomed to die alone.
There are not tons of reasons why someone could be a virgin at 30. The snowflake thing really should melt. We are mostly more alike than we are different. There are at most a half dozen (being generous) reasons why a healthy adult would be virginal into their 30's. And... it is absolutely the case that if a heterosexual male hasn't had sex by age 30 he never will. There is a slight chance that a woman might, but it would depend more on her than on externals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilli57211 View Post
As for your implication that anyone who hasn't had sex by age 16 has something wrong with them, that is absolutely ridiculous.
I wasn't implying anything. I don't think anything is/was wrong with me and I was a virgin at 21. I just related the fact that I can't remember any woman of my acquaintance not losing their virginity around the age of 16. I am a Baby Boomer. Things might be different for Millenials but back in the day men and women were very different. It was very possible to be a male virgin of 20 y.o. despite every effort to change it. A female virgin... it wouldn't be because no one wanted her virginity. It would definitely have to be her active protection of her virginal state. This is why the o.p. question IMO depends very much on the gender of the virgin in question.

Old 04-10-2017, 02:41 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer705 View Post
Wrong. Virgin is always good when you have never been married.

Old 04-10-2017, 10:47 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Wrong. Virgin is always good when you have never been married.
Nah. Arch is right. And too kind actually. I would have said 21. Show me where it says in the Bible that unmarried people shouldn't have sex. Even if you find such an edict its still meaningless. It was never meant to apply to men. Just saying.

Old 04-10-2017, 10:53 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Nah. Arch is right. And too kind actually. I would have said 21. Show me where it says in the Bible that unmarried people shouldn't have sex. Even if you find such an edict its still meaningless. It was never meant to apply to men. Just saying.
How about you show in the Bible where it says that unmarried people should have sex.
Edicts, rules, guidelines, outlines, consequences, etc. have always been meant to apply to *men* otherwise they would be meaningless.......

Anyone can stay a virgin as long as they want to and if someone else thinks it is odd, it is definitely their issue alone and has nothing to do with the virgin. The virgin should be grateful someone like that wants nothing to do with them.

Old 04-11-2017, 06:24 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,030,069 times
The Purity Myth https://g.co/kgs/738bjx
This book really opened my eyes to just how demoralizing it is towards women to place value on virginity. How it's been used throughout history to keep women in their place. Highly recommend it for anyone who has daughters.

Old 04-12-2017, 11:20 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,842,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Most men don't care if a 22 year old woman is a virgin. Now, if you are waiting for marriage, that's an entirely different story-most men probably wont date you.
Not true. My BFF is a 30yr old virgin and waiting til marriage. She has been on many dates. Just no mr right yet. Its called having VALUES and MORALS.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:27 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
Not true. My BFF is a 30yr old virgin and waiting til marriage. She has been on many dates. Just no mr right yet. Its called having VALUES and MORALS.
understandable right there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships