Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 02:41 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,382,777 times

Advertisements

You're nopt seriously considering leaving your job for a guy you have not even gone on one date with?

If he can't ask you out, oh well. If you should change jobs, for another reason, then he stands a chance. Otherwise, I wouldn't even worry about him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 02:46 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,521,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hourglass45 View Post
He told me if I was out of my uniform he would ask me out in a heartbeat.
I bet he would!

Seriously, it's not a lot to go on. The title of the thread implied that you were in a relationship with someone, but the thread tells a different story. How serious is he? Is it more like flirting? Is it safe for him to say this meaning that since you're "in uniform" he can say it? What if you resigned and he said, "Crap. You thought I was serious?" If it's a situation where he can't date a fellow officer, then could really date a former fellow officer with no ill effects? If he's going through a divorce, could the ex make the implication that there probably was something going on before hand?

There's a lot of questions that you need to get answered before you make your decision. But the answer to the title of the thread is actually going to be the same -- That's omething you have to decide for yourself.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:01 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,773,987 times
Good grief, you don't even really know this guy, and he has children to boot. How you can even consider leaving your job is beyond me. IMO this is total infatuation on your part, think with your head not your heart.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:38 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,811,588 times
Transfer at most. But do not quit your job. That would be the epitome of stupidity.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:45 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,112,822 times
I don't think it's a good idea to give up what you've worked for, for someone you havent had a relationship with.
You need to first find out how serious he is. Then, once you're both on the same page & have a plan - I'd opt for a transfer or something. Giving up your career is quite extreme at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Are you serious?

How old are you, 14?
A bit snide, don't you think?

Old 06-10-2013, 04:15 PM

85 posts, read 159,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hourglass45 View Post
It's been years since my boyfriend died. And I prayed to God a few months ago can he send me the perfect guy for me. Well i met this guy at work. We are both in law enforcement. He is a supervisor and everybody respects him because he treats everybody with respect. We both really like eachother alot. We are on different breaks. Most of the time I will come in for him if he calls me which is alot to help him out on his shifts and he always makes his way to visit me. He told he really liked but he cannot date me because he has alot of lose. If he loses his job he loses the custody of his kids. He told me if I was out of my uniform he would ask me out in a heartbeat. Once we are together it;s like nothing else matters around us. He is so kind.
I live a simple life i pay my own bills and do whatever i want on my off days but I don't like to get out much. We both understand out job is very stressful sometimes. i already put in to other law enforcement agencies and they are very hard to get into.
Would I be completely stupid if i gave up my simple life for him?
Don't use the bathroom where you eat.

A long time ago, I had a romantic fling with my boss and ended up having to resign. It's not worth it - in fact NO MAN IS WORTH JEOPARDIZING ANYTHING [YOU WORKED HARD TO CREATE ON YOUR OWN].

Old 06-10-2013, 04:47 PM

896 posts, read 1,177,253 times
First things first, go out on a couple of platonic day time dates. Lunch, a stroll through a museum, etc. You don't even know whether you are comparable on a basic level yet. If you start spending a lot of time together, you can look at a job transfer to date romantically.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:58 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,830,417 times
OP contains high amount of fail.

Old 06-10-2013, 05:14 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Don't leave your job for him. If you transfer and find a better or equal pay that's not bad. But say you leave and this man still won't ask you out? Then what? Here is a thought....go find a man from that other department. Love and romance is rough. Trust me I know.

Old 06-10-2013, 06:03 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,449,916 times
Would he give up his job for you? No, he has those kids. You'll still be playing second fiddle. Keep your job. Find someone not in law enforcement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships