U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 10:11 PM

219 posts, read 488,270 times

Advertisements

Why do women say the following things on dating websites?

-I haven't been on a date in my life
-I have been hurt in the past
-No *******s, douchebags or liars!!! (as if someone WOULD be looking for this)
-If you're just looking for a hookup, pass me by!!

Firstly, many of these things scream BAGGAGE, an instant turnoff.

Secondly, if someone IS looking for a hookup, are they going to pass such a profile by? Probably not. They will just hide their intentions, same with dbags and aholes. Hiding intentions mean the girl will just get hurt again!!

Ugh, seems so obvious to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 10:22 PM

17,867 posts, read 17,789,891 times
Because they are trying to weed out some loser guys, or tell the guys she has had some rough relationships in the past.

I don't think it's a big deal.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:24 PM

16,411 posts, read 26,246,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGuy1 View Post

Secondly, if someone IS looking for a hookup, are they going to pass such a profile by? Probably not. They will just hide their intentions, same with dbags and aholes. Hiding intentions mean the girl will just get hurt again!!

They're probably trashy.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:29 PM

14,800 posts, read 12,262,507 times
Quote:
that's what all the guys want

if guys were truly honest, she would never get any messages, lmao

Old 06-10-2013, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
that's what all the guys want

if guys were truly honest, she would never get any messages, lmao
if someone IS looking for a hookup, are they going to pass such a profile by? Probably not. They will just hide their intentions.

Old 06-11-2013, 05:33 AM

43,356 posts, read 41,900,880 times
The "no douchebags or liars" line always cracks me up because it's not like a guy's gonna read it and say, "Oops, I'm a douchebag so I'd better keep moving."

I honestly don't know why a woman would write those things because 1) it makes her sound very negative and puts off a hard-edged vibe that I wouldn't want to even deal with. I can imagine her sitting across the table with her arms folded, like, "Well? Impress me!"

and 2) it isn't classy. It implies that she has had a lot of bad history with men, some of which could be bad luck and some of which could be bad decision-making.

Either way, it doesn't speak well for the person writing the profile.

Nobody WANTS pain, douchebags and liars in their life. No need to state it. It's a given.

Last edited by BirdieBelle; 06-11-2013 at 05:54 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-11-2013, 05:48 AM

33,336 posts, read 20,124,483 times
Quote:

These girls are being brutally honest about what they are looking for and what they are not looking for. They are hoping by being honest, they can land themselves a prince charming. They are obviously not dating experts, but they are not there to play games. I can definitely appreciate their honesty.

If I were a guy, I'd totally respect that. If I was looking for a hookup, I would pass her by. I can not understand why can anybody purposely hurt other people's feelings.

Why would many of these things scream "baggage" and "an instant turnoff?"

"I haven't been on a date in my life" It depends on the woman's age. If she is 18 years old, I can totally understand that. What's wrong with it? There are certain untouched innocence about a girl who hasn't been there, done that. I would definitely find her charming.

"I have been hurt in the past" Almost everybody got hurt in the past. She was just being honest. She doesn't want to get hurt again, what is wrong with that?

"No *******s, douchebags or liars!!!" Translation: She doesn't want to or will not tolerate liars, cheaters, sickos, or people who play games. What's wrong with that?

"If you're just looking for a hookup, pass me by!!" I see nothing wrong with this.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
The "no douchebags or liars" line always cracks me up because it's not like a guy's gonna read it and say, "Oops, I'm a douchebag so I'd better keep moving."

I honestly don't know why a woman would write those things because 1) it makes her sound very negative and puts off a hard-edged vibe that I wouldn't want to even deal with. I can imagine her sitting across the table with her arms folded, like, "Well? Impress me!"

and 2) it isn't classy. It implies that she has had a lot of bad history with men, some of which could be bad luck and some of which could be bad decision-making.

Either way, it doesn't speak well for the person writing the profile.

Nobody WANTS pain, douchebags and liars in their life. No need to state it. It's a given.
at least someone gets it!!

Old 06-11-2013, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
These girls are being brutally honest about what they are looking for and what they are not looking for. They are hoping by being honest, they can land themselves a prince charming. They are obviously not dating experts, but they are not there to play games. I can definitely appreciate their honesty.

If I were a guy, I'd totally respect that. If I was looking for a hookup, I would pass her by. I can not understand why can anybody purposely hurt other people's feelings.

"I haven't been on a date in my life" It depends on the woman's age. If she is 18 years old, I can totally understand that. What's wrong with it? There are certain untouched innocence about a girl who hasn't been there, done that. I would definitely find her charming.

"I have been hurt in the past" Almost everybody got hurt in the past. She was just being honest. She doesn't want to get hurt again, what is wrong with that?

"No *******s, douchebags or liars!!!" Translation: She doesn't want to or will not tolerate liars, cheaters, sickos, or people who play games. What's wrong with that?

"If you're just looking for a hookup, pass me by!!" I see nothing wrong with this.
this is a joke post, right?

usually the women on there who say these types of things are the biggest game players out there.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:13 AM

4,492 posts, read 3,158,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

From a females perspective you are spot on with your accusations, but from a male perspective, it really does scream I have poor experiences dating males. Possibly, they were women that ended up having to take care of their deadbeat boyfriends, because they fell in love with them, yet the boyfriend just stopped putting forth effort. I love the a woman is honest and can say these things, but what I tend to find with profiles like these, is the woman isn't always in the right mindset to date.

To me, everything she said is understood, so why say it? Instead of saying it, keep it at the front of your mind when you go out on dates. A lot of the times a guy will show his intentions really early on to where you really shouldn't fall into the trap of aholes and dbags. When I saw those profiles on online dating, I immediately thought that person had too many relationships where they stayed to long HOPING that they guy would do better. You can hope all day long, but unless you're married to that person, you really need to accept that person at face value and focus on what they are doing now. You can give someone only so many chances before you have to let them go.

My frist girlfriend did the exact same thing to me. I was being irresponsible and my focus wasn't on our relationship. She had the confidence and intellect to meet another man, so once she was at the end of her rope with our relationship, we were done. It hurt me, because I was the guy getting dumped, but my wounds healed and I learned from my mistakes. We tried to reconcile and the best thing that she could have ever done for me was to not take me back. I don't think I would have learned my lesson if she would have kept taking care of me. I had to venture out into the real world and figure out how to take care of myself. I can look myself in the mirror and smile, because I've become what she always wanted me to be; it just took me longer than she was willing to wait to see me get there.

So, I say if women want a man that has their crap together, then start looking for me that have their crap together. You really don't even have to lead with your past, just note that you're looking for something serious and you don't play games. I have more respect for that then someone leading with words that describe all the bad decisions he/she has made in the past. I respect honesty, but those statements just come off as a little bitter honesty to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships