Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 09:38 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,810,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
and just making sure that if she requires him to get tested, she does the same.
Of course it goes both ways. And she/me/you should get tested for your own peace of mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 09:39 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,374,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
Yes. I didn't stop getting tested until I'd been in a relationship for over a year. I've never caught an STI and the very idea of catching one freaks me out. Yes, I wanted my partners tested and I thought it was just as important that I had been tested myself.

Even if you've only had one partner and they've only had one partner before you, who was the person they slept with? And who did they sleep with? And so on down through the line. Hell yes, you want to check to see nothing has been passed along from upstream.
So what do you do if you're dating a guy that gets cold sores on his lips occasionally? Won't date him because of it, even though it could have been genetically passed to him through birth or just by kissing a girl with a cold sore at one point?

Old 06-11-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
So you require every person you date or sleep with to get tested beforehand? Do you make him show you the tests?

Do you also get tested immediately before every person you date and show him the results?

And no, going to the gyno once a year isn't enough (according to what you are implying)
BTW, do you sleep with every single person you date? I wouldn't have done that with every person I dated. Just those I had decided I was going to sleep with.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:42 AM

Quote:
So what do you do if you're dating a guy that gets cold sores on his lips occasionally? Won't date him because of it, even though it could have been genetically passed to him through birth or just by kissing a girl with a cold sore at one point?
I never dated a guy who had cold sores. Hasn't been an issue.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:45 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,598,333 times
Quote:
When Herpes is passed through birth, it's not via genetics. This doesn't make your question any less valid, but I had to point that out that detail.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:53 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,196,428 times
No man would ever tell a girl he cared about that similar to how no woman would tell a guy she had trains ran on her in college

Old 06-11-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
I never dated a guy who had cold sores. Hasn't been an issue.
Yeah, but due to the fear you seem to have, you are acting like every person with an STI = Aids. I think you are being ridiculous to be so ridiculously frightened. People can have far worse diseases than STI's. Do you make them get full physicals and an array of blood tests done as well? You'd hate for them to have some sort of disease that may inconvenience you some day. While you're at it you should probably get a full family health report, cancers, Alzheimers, Parkinsons.. Etc...

You know, the fact that you could possibly get HSV from a partner would definitely be a deal breaker, could not even imagine if you accidentally dated someone with a disease that would seriously damper your relationship some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
When Herpes is passed through birth, it's not via genetics. This doesn't make your question any less valid, but I had to point that out that detail.
You are correct.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:12 AM

1,122 posts, read 3,504,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocco View Post
i doubt any man i'd be interested in would have to resort to a prostitute,
All sorts of men go to prostitutes. It isn't always because they have no other options. Some simply do it for the thrill or because it's quick and easy with none of the niceties involved.
I had the misfortune to live just a couple of blocks away from a fairly busy hooker stroll in Chicago and was approached on numerous occasions when I was walking down the street (some idiots would even pull over when I was walking my dogs). There wasn't a lot of young white girls in the neighborhood so being one I was apparently assumed by some to be a working girl despite the fact that I never wore anything remotely revealing or sexy. There were all sorts of guys driving up and down the street approaching me and those I assume actually were prostitutes. Once I was approached by two young good looking guys in a sports car. I don't think they would have had any problems getting girlfriends but they were clearly still interested in picking up a girl on a street corner for a quickie in the back seat.

In regards to the OP's question; no, it would not necessarily be a deal breaker for me. It would depend on the circumstances. I wouldn't hold something someone did when young and drunk against him for the rest of his life. If it was something he'd done on several occasions though I would have a problem with it.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:17 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizita View Post
All sorts of men go to prostitutes. It isn't always because they have no other options. Some simply do it for the thrill or because it's quick and easy with none of the niceties involved...
That hardly encompasses "all" sorts of men, because there are sorts that actually consider the "niceties" necessities (say that three times fast!)

Old 06-11-2013, 10:20 AM

As one of my friends once told me:

"You don't pay them for the sex, you pay them to leave you alone after."

I.e.... No drama, no getting caught if they are in a relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships