Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 08:33 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyGuy View Post
Because I wish to be in a happy relationship not in an abusive one. Not all of us wish to be as uncivilized as our ancestors.
Captain caveman is really hairy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 08:42 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,119,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Just call me Cat Woman.....Meeeeow.

That would be weird.lol
It only works if you wear the costume.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:46 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,834,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
It only works if you wear the costume.
(opens closet) shush.....don't tell anyone.

Old 06-12-2013, 05:28 AM

175 posts, read 275,318 times
I really don't think this works. There has been a lot on here lately about friends & friendzones but its true. First impressions do (normally count); that's generally where your initial attraction spikes from. There's usually that spark when you first meet someone - I definitely agree you only have a limited window......leave it too long and the girl can think (A)Why's he not asking me out, is he not interested? (B) I guess he's not interested if he's not asking me out, oh well....... (C) I know he likes me, this pussying around is getting boring....and more often than not you get labelled a 'friend' in her head which is almost impossible to come back from. Strike whilst the iron is hot & ask them out or make a move to start with.

Of course good friends can develop feelings for each other over time and things can kick off - but I think its quite rare. When your both 100% friends its unlikely your going to have much sexual chemistry, or be in a position where you end up making out, and asking them out will just become plain awkward.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:25 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,101 times
Nah, you'll just end up in the friend zone. If you like a chick, don't wait just, ask her out.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:30 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,284,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
You're more likely to get a date just asking them out early on. Strangely, the best long term relationships I've seen came from friends though. Still, relying on something starting out of friendship is a long shot as most relationships don't start that way.

I asked a woman out yesterday , met her for only the second time in a week , she grooms dogs and I had my dog in to get his nails cut

she said no but to be fair , she wasn't cruel about it , just said she was too busy , for all I know she has a husband ( no ring though )

Old 06-12-2013, 06:48 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,907,004 times
TO the OP: No, don't waste your time trying to be friends. Ask them out, if you get shot down, try someone else.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:49 AM

752 posts, read 1,164,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
The only way friends first can work, is if you are friends first.. not just a little p*ssy guy who is too afraid to ask out "the girl of his dreams".

Bunch of wimps.
I absolutely agree. What he try to do is avoid ***** shield. Be the man and accept yours destiny. Already happened to you misery with that approach and you need more.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:27 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,134,548 times
In my experience, platonic friendships that lead to relationships usually only happen when the woman is already in a different relationship. Then if that relationship breaks down, the friended man is in poll-position to be next in line.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:34 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,601,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
harsh
It may be harsh, but he is right, and you know it. A guy who has sexual attraction for a woman and wants to date her, but is not direct or assertive enough to make his intentions known from the get go, but instead tries to backdoor via fake friendship, does it because he doesnt have any balls. Last time i checked, women in general like men with balls. The only reason a man should befriend a woman, is if all he is looking for is friendship with her. If he wants more, he has the duty to make it clear from the first apporach on. Just be a genuine man, know what you want, know how to communicate what you want and know how to get it, and youll never have shortage of prospects to date. I dont care if youre over the hill, short, bold, unemployed and live in your parents basement, the above still applies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships