Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 08:58 AM

157 posts, read 253,185 times

Advertisements

Okay, as a near 30 something, I only know the men in my workplace and many of them are much older or they are in a relationship. If they are not in one of those two categories, we don't have chemistry. It is easy to meet women because I think we go out more. I know a lot more women than I do men. I have been going to meetups, but that is where I meet a lot of new female friends. Have been to happy hour, there are A LOT of men there, but they are the "drinking" type, and I don't like drinking, much less having to yell in order to get myself heard.

So men...where do you go besides the bar?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 08:59 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
My husband says to go to a baseball game.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:00 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi85 View Post
Okay, as a near 30 something, I only know the men in my workplace and many of them are much older or they are in a relationship. If they are not in one of those two categories, we don't have chemistry. It is easy to meet women because I think we go out more. I know a lot more women than I do men. I have been going to meetups, but that is where I meet a lot of new female friends. Have been to happy hour, there are A LOT of men there, but they are the "drinking" type, and I don't like drinking, much less having to yell in order to get myself heard.

I'm about to join an adult softball league (never played before). About 80% of our team and other teams we play against, are made up of men. We will also do happy hours together after games.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:09 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,961 times
Quote:

Don't discount all men you meet at bars. When I was single I would go out 1,2, sometimes even 3 times a week. Mostly to meet people, something fun to do, etc.

Now that I have a gf, we go out to a bar type place maybe once ever couple months. My version of drinking at home would be having 1 beer while grilling. Stuff like that.. It's been like that for most all my relationships as well.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
I'm about to join an adult softball league (never played before). About 80% of our team and other teams we play against, are made up of men. We will also do happy hours together after games.

Thanks for the idea!!! I have played before, so perhaps that would help. Will look for one in my area

Old 06-12-2013, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Don't discount all men you meet at bars. When I was single I would go out 1,2, sometimes even 3 times a week. Mostly to meet people, something fun to do, etc.

Now that I have a gf, we go out to a bar type place maybe once ever couple months. My version of drinking at home would be having 1 beer while grilling. Stuff like that.. It's been like that for most all my relationships as well.

I will keep this in mind next time I go to one

Old 06-12-2013, 09:25 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
I will keep this in mind next time I go to one
Restaurant bars aren't bad. The old school pubs are nice too. Especially in Philly.

Others are local social groups.

Book clubs
Hiking groups
Site seeing groups
Art groups
Animal lovers. Yes my cousin goes to these places were her dog mingles with other dogs.

Many things you can find searching your own town. Social highlights, social hot spots, or if you are looking for calm relaxation places to mingle.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:32 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Quote:

There are men in every place in the world, same as women. Its not exactly rocket science. As a woman, all you really have to do is be approachable and perhaps smile every now and then. THats not a whole lot of effort.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:40 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
There are men in every place in the world, same as women. Its not exactly rocket science. As a woman, all you really have to do is be approachable and perhaps smile every now and then. THats not a whole lot of effort.
This is true I had people want to sit next to me at local baseball games just because I act and look friendly.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:47 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
As a woman, all you really have to do is be approachable and perhaps smile every now and then. THats not a whole lot of effort.
Sure, if you're cute. If not, then men do everything in their power to avoid looking at you. It's both amusing and somewhat pathetic to watch, actually.

OP, your best bet is to just get out and do the things you enjoy doing. That's when you are the happiest and putting of the best vibes. Don't go out with the intention of being on the hunt-just go with the mindset of having a good time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships