Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 10:27 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times

Advertisements

Youre not weird. there are people who are asexual, and its simply who they are. But if youd like to enjoy sex, then you should go see a doc and have some tests run etc etc to ensure that there is no medical condition causing your lack of interest in sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 10:28 AM

4,787 posts, read 11,761,557 times
There are two aspects to sex that you should concern yourself with and maybe you'll get an answer.

First- yes, if sex is painful then the anticipation of that pain would cause you to not be too interested in it. A doctor and /or therapist can help with that. Your hormones might be off or you may be having a specific muscular contraction problem that with therapy and practice be overcome. You may simply need more lubrication. Or your boyfriend may be not giving you enough foreplay to get you ready.

Secondly, how do you feel about him and men in general. When you're with him, simply going on a date, do you want to touch him ? When you're alone with him, can you not wait to get his clothes off, to touch or fool around with his body. Sex is not always vaginal.

If you're not interested in his body, then he may not the the guy for you. Do you look at other men , either that you see around or even on TV, movies and feel any sexual interest toward them ? If the male body in general never causes any great interest or excitement, it may truly be that you have little to no sex drive. Some people don't and that's OK.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:28 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbelle View Post
The fact is... I don't really like sex... It is not something negative or a torture for me, but I rarely feel like doing it, am I weird?? I prefer for example going out with my boyfriend, have dinner out, cinema etc. I don't mind to go home and sleep after this and don't have sex instead (we don't live together) Sex for me is not specially fun or pleasant, sometimes even a bit painful, are there more girls in my case?

There could be a few different reasons for this.

See your doctor for a physical to be sure there is no medical problem.

If there isn't, consider talking to a therapist. There is the possibility that you have some issues you need to deal with that are preventing you from being "free" sexually.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:29 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,790 times
Read more around and you see that happends all to time for both genders

This is one of the taboos...

Old 06-13-2013, 10:34 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
If you masturbate fairly often ('normal' is probably anything from once a month to 4 times a day) and have orgasms from masturbation, then the problem is most likely with they type of sex you and your bf are having. Do you both know that intercourse does not usually make women orgasm? And what does?

If you have no interest in masturbation either, then it's probably just you . Which is fine, if it doesn't bug you. Or, if it does, you can get yourself checked out physically and psychologically.
This is the best advice in the thread by far....especially the first paragraph.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:38 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Aw, thanks, nearnorth .

Old 06-13-2013, 11:14 AM

6,459 posts, read 7,796,492 times
ALthough there are people who are like you, I think there are many more who are not. Most people enjoy sex. So I don't think you are among the norm and therefore I would say it is weird (your word). Unless yor BF is the same, I feel bad for him. Men want women who like sex and want them sexually and express that want. It's a large part of a relationship. I'm sorry but it's true. Best of luck.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:17 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Just because someone deviates from the norm, it does not make them weird (and yes, I do recognize the OP used the word herself). It just makes them unique individuals, not sheep.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:20 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,566,266 times
People put way too much emphasis on this subject. I get sick of seeing it all of the time on TV, magazines etc., I think there is alot of pressure put on people, so much so that it can make some people very uncomfortable.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:27 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
You can definitely find an asexual man, if that's what you are and who you want. There may be more men than women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships