Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2013, 09:15 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,270,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Douchebags Bragging about cheating on Wives
Fixed the thread title for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 09:17 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
You don't get it, do you? They all acted unethically or unwisely, and the woman probably acted illegally as well.
I agree with unethical and unwise, but how do you figure illegal?

Old 06-13-2013, 09:22 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Bragging iin front of stangers is rare I believe. Most married men who cheat are absolutely petrified of getting caught by their wives.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:22 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,471,479 times
What if this had been turned around? What if a man recorded two women bragging about cheating, and posted it online? How would you feel then? Do you have a double standard? There are very good reasons to decriminalize adultery, and not interfere in other people's lives. It can have disastrous consequences for the innocent as well as the guilty.

Quote:
In countries where adultery is illegal, the punishments range from fines to the death penalty. In the 21st century, criminal laws against adultery have become very controversial, with international organizations calling for their abolition, especially in the light of several high profile stoning cases that have recently occurred in certain countries. Opponents of these laws cite the fact that adultery laws are a major contributor to discrimination and violence against women, as they are enforced selectively mostly against women; that they prevent women from reporting rape and sexual violence; and that they maintain social norms which justify violent crimes committed against women by husbands, families and communities. The head of the U.N. expert body charged with identifying ways to eliminate laws that discriminate against women or are discriminatory to them in terms of implementation or impact, Kamala Chandrakiran, has stated that: "Adultery must not be classified as a criminal offence at all".[2] A joint statement by the United Nations Working Group on discrimination against women in law and in practice states that: "Adultery as a criminal offence violates women’s human rights".
Adultery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The violence and discrimination is mostly against women, but these men's wives could be so upset by the public exposure that they murder their husbands. That's no more justified or desirable than the reverse.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:26 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,716 times
Quote:
What if this had been turned around? What if a man recorded two women bragging about cheating, and posted it online? How would you feel then?
Not sure if you're addressing this to me or not, but I'd feel exactly the same.

I'm still curious how you think it's illegal to take a picture of someone and post it online with text of what they said. The only thing I can think of is that it could be libel if she is lying. If she's not, though, I'm not sure on what grounds it could be illegal.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:26 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
What if this had been turned around? What if a man recorded two women bragging about cheating, and posted it online? How would you feel then? Do you have a double standard? There are very good reasons to decriminalize adultery, and not interfere in other people's lives. It can have disastrous consequences for the innocent as well as the guilty.

Adultery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The violence and discrimination is mostly against women, but these men's wives could be so upset by the public exposure that they murder their husbands. That's no more justified or desirable than the reverse.
Wow. That's out of nowhere. We're talking about two men in America caught bragging about cheating. Now we're talking about the torture of women. For me, there is no double standard. If it had been two women bragging and some dude playing the role of Steph Strayer, everything I have said would remain. And for the record, I don't think adultery should be a crime. None of the governments business what me and my mate do.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:28 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
TaoDude seems to be avoiding your question of why what the woman did could be illegal.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
TaoDude seems to be avoiding your question of why what the woman did could be illegal.
I posted quotes and links to explain this. Read them. It seems damned clear to me.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:32 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post

I'm still curious how you think it's illegal to take a picture of someone and post it online with text of what they said. The only thing I can think of is that it could be libel if she is lying. If she's not, though, I'm not sure on what grounds it could be illegal.
It's illegal to use photos for libel or to slander some one.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Wow. That's out of nowhere.
My point is that there may be serious - even fatal - consequences to outing someone. Do you want that responsibility? People are killed for less, sometimes, even here in the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships