Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2013, 10:05 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,521,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I respectfully disagree with you..
I'm not sure what part you are disagreeing with me on. If I take photographs of people in public, I am free to share those shots with the world. Selling those shots is another matter and I would need a model's release in some, but not all, circumstances.
Quote:
When you put things out there on the internet, you never know who has seen them, downloaded them, used it for other purposes. Many people would consider it permanently damaging to have their unauthorized images posted on the web. .
As has been said many times in this post by myself and others, if you are in public, there is no expectation of privacy. Anyone can take a picture of you and post it on line.
Quote:
People are suing for stolen images every single day and winning the lawsuit. As an artist, it is his or her duty to follow the artist integrity to prevent a major lawsuit..
One of the reasons I found my way back to City-Data is that I found someone had taken one of my photos I took of a model and superimposted her face over the model's face. She went on to say that she was wearing that same out fit that very day. (I love reverse Google Image searches.) Well, she was lying and once I posted in the same thread what she had done and offered undeniable proof, she stopped. I also found a local weekly newspaper had used one of my images illegally, Didn't have to go to court for that one, it was so easy to prove. Still got a new lens and took a trip on the check the cut me.

Basically, this has nothing to do with the bragging men here.
Quote:
I am not saying what you are doing is illegal. You are perfectly fine with what you are doing. I am only saying in order to prevent a lawsuit, you better get a permission before posting other people's images.
It's not illegal. And explain how I might get everyone's permission, for example, in tis shot --

Tybee Island Life by Joseph C. Hinson Photography, on Flickr
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 10:05 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I kind of have to agree with the woman being dumb for not recording vs just posting a picture.
Hell, I could post a picture of anyone and claim they said anything...without back-up, I'm hung out to dry.
She'll get eaten alive in a lawsuit.

That being said, I can't help but chuckle at the predicament these men find themselves in now.
Yep. A more Internet-savvy person would have recorded and posted it anonymously. There are ways to do both if you know what you're doing.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:07 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
You must be looking at a different thread than I am. It's 14. By the time I post this it may be 15.
You have to change your settings (edit options) so that the threads show 40 posts per page.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:08 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
You have to change your settings so that the threads show 40 posts per page.
Sure, I'll get right on that, because that would completely change everything.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Sure, I'll get right on that, because that would completely change everything.
I was just sharing information on how to do it.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
It's not illegal. And explain how I might get everyone's permission, for example, in tis shot --
Can you imagine how much of the internet would have to come down if it were illegal to photograph someone in public without their permission? Bye-bye, peopleofwalmart.com! Most newspapers and magazines would have been out of business long ago, too, as would the paparazzi.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:13 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Aside from what this guy did, my BIGGEST pet peeve is people that don't understand social etiquette when it comes to their cameras/phones. You don't take someone's picture without their permission and post it online. I don't care what the person did...it was not her job to be the social police.

Times changed a long time ago when people had voice recorders, to cameras, now smart phones that do everything at once. These guys obviously didn't care too much about their conquests and didn't think it was that negative.

If you saw a crime unfold, a murder, hit and run, etc, its not someones obligation to record it? Sounds selfish to me.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I was just sharing information and how to do it.
Sorry. I just realized you're not the same person who felt the need to "correct" my accurate page count. Thanks for the tip.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Sorry. I just realized you're not the same person who felt the need to "correct" my accurate page count. Thanks for the tip.
No problem.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:20 AM

39,226 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post

Tybee Island Life by Joseph C. Hinson Photography, on Flickr
Sorry, I was just saying maybe you should get permission before posting other people's images in order to be safe.

After my first boyfriend committed suicide, I posted my artwork of him on a grief support group website. Several months later, I found his photo landed on a tasteless site promotes suicide and self harm.

Needless to say, I was furious. When contacted, the owner of the site gave me the same excuse, "His photo belongs to the public domain, if you didn't want his image shared, you didn't want to post it in the first place."

Fine, I contacted my lawyer, the next day, the image was off the site.

Be careful, you are an artist, It is all i am saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships