Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2013, 07:53 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,024,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I'm sure your right...what a shock to their system it would be...what a shock to see it on TV, but the whole point is, they said it...they incriminated themselves...by talking about it to the world...

Honestly Sixy, I can see your point, and understand, however, I feel extremely passionate about my feelings on the subject.
I understand your side too. I'm not saying this guy does not deserve the consequences, he absolutely does, but his family does not. Catch 22 I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 07:53 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,803,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
^^^^^^ This! Unless she knew the people involved, its none of her business. I guess people are taking a cue from our federal government, and think its their duty to spy on everybody.
She didn't have to spy. They told everyone.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:54 AM

15,696 posts, read 9,435,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
It is highly likely that the woman commited a crime:

Legality of recording by civilians - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, this:

Privacy and the Law
Actually, the way I read that, it is highly unlikely that the woman commited a crime. By discussing their private matters where a third party could clearly hear what they were saying probably makes her, in legal terms, a party to the conversation.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:55 AM

28,863 posts, read 30,119,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
These MEN did not cause all this embarassment. The woman DID. This was a private issue and now can no longer be private. Yes, he was talking about it in a public setting...but only those in earshot could hear him. Now the whole damn country knows thanks to this nosey-body.

If I were the wife in this situation I'd be suing her ass for everything she's worth. I cannot imagine my entire community, hell...country, knowing my personal business.
ahhhh, but it is no longer personal when you sit in a public place and brag about it for others to hear...you have now made it public.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:59 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,135,030 times
Quote:
All of you people who state she was the one that was wrong, I believe honestly and I appologize, your either a guy, or you've got your priorities mixed up...on who initiated this?
No.
The guys were wrong.
Wrong to cheat.
Wrong to publicize.
The woman made a poor decision, IMO.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:59 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,109,182 times
Quote:
She was spying on them? I think not, they MADE HER part of the conversation...period....
If you're taking audio and video/pictures without somebody's permission, yes to me that's spying.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:01 AM

Quote:
ahhhh, but it is no longer personal when you sit in a public place and brag about it for others to hear...you have now made it public.
This is the information age. I expect anything I say or do in public, to be public. You spank your child in public, don't be surprised if other people know about it. It's like we've gone back to living in small towns. Word gets around again.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
If you're taking audio and video/pictures without somebody's permission, yes to me that's spying.
In a public place. They're morons.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:05 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,024,008 times
Quote:
Agree...but she broadcasted it. There was no need for that. She could have said something to this guy instead of announcing it to social media. I just feel sooooo, soooo bad for his wife and kids (if any).

I'd want to crawl in a hole if I were her and there's no chance her kids (if any) won't have this information now. That is not something I'd ever want my children to have the burden of dealing with.

Yes, it was his cheating that caused it all, but most people don't have their personal business go viral and public and can deal with these things quietly. He blabbed the news but if this woman had not broadcasted it, the wife could have at least dealt with this privately.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:05 AM

28,863 posts, read 30,119,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I understand your side too. I'm not saying this guy does not deserve the consequences, he absolutely does, but his family does not. Catch 22 I guess.
OK, once again, from my point of view....his family, his wife, were being hurt way before this woman took the video....so, to me and for me, believe me, it is such a devestating situation, to find out the man you loved and trusted with all your heart, cheated on you. I cannot explain to you the complete devestation you feel, the hurt, all the questions, "What did I do that made him want to run around?", playing it out over and over and over again in your head, going to a doctor b/c now you fear you might have contacted a disease, you want to talk about complete unadulterated shame....regret....loss of trust....for years, it changing your life, making you bitter, and distrust men....????? Going to counseling, and finally, finally after 3 years of seperation, loss, divorce, counseling....feeling like a complete fool, complete failure....wondering why in Gods name didn't anyone come and tell you before...???? How could they have looked you in the face and called you a friend...? How could he have hurt our children this way...me, his parents, his family, my family....? Can you even begin to understand how the wife would be blessed in knowing before she contacts a disease, or even worse, catches him herself. Do you know how many murders are committed out of this kind of anger, the kind where you catch your spouse in the act of sexual intercourse with another woman?????? I knew of a man who took a shot gun and blew his wifes brains out on the front lawn, and kept pumping shells in her talking to her, calling her all kinds of names after she was dead.

I'm sorry to paint such a graphic picture here, but, none of you seem to realize the horrible horrible things that can come from cheating...and continually keep blaming the woman....

yanno, if someone would have told me, I'd have been indebted to them for the rest of my days...we'd be personal friends today, and if his now wife, ever called me, I'd tell her everything, b/c apparently she was dating him while he was with me. I'd say to her, "What makes you think that you were so special, that he would not do the same thing to you". In a nice way, I wouldn't be cocky or bitter, I consider myself very fortunate to have gotten him out of my life....but let me tell you folks, divorce is just as bad as a death....believe me....the death and destruction of a marriage.

Sorry, I'm older and wiser, and no longer care what other people think of me, what I care about is doing what is right....regardless of who gets hurt or how hard it is.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 06-13-2013 at 08:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships