Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 02:46 PM

290 posts, read 567,753 times

Advertisements

I have an idea what to do but just want some opinion from other people how to handle my situation.

I've been dating this guy for three months now. We're not exclusively dating which is what I wanted now. Before I was fine with our situation just to date and see how it goes. Last week, I've talked to him about my concern of not seeing him often and I said It would be nice if I see him once a week and to hear from him more. He said he would work on it and he seemed to be doing what he says.

What bothers me is, a friend saw him this week on a dating website and he's been actively using it. I dont know when he started using it or if hes been on it even before we met. That bothers me so I told him I don't feel comfortable if he's sleeping with other girls and if that his thing then I will move on. I've never said anything about a friend saw him on a dating website. He says he's not saying that he's sleeping with other girls but he needs more time to get to know me before he can say were exclusive. He says he likes me and hopefully it can lead to something more as we get to know each other. At this point I'm thinking I should just leave but part of me is saying he's a good guy and maybe he just really needs more time. He treats me well and seemed to be into me. But why can't he date me exclusively? He takes me out on real dates and usually involve dining and some activities. And sex is not always involved.

What do you guys think? I don't need to be lectured and be judged. What I need is advice about what to do at this point. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2013, 02:53 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,066,067 times
how long have you been seeing him and how often?

Old 06-15-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
how long have you been seeing him and how often?
Hi thanks for replying. Seeing him for three months. I've been seeing him once a week. He has a very busy work schedule because he has a full time job as a project manager and he does freelance work on the side.

Old 06-15-2013, 02:59 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
If he needs more time to get to know you but is barely making an effort to see you, he is not really into you and thinks you're just fine to pass the time with until he finds someone he knows he is crazy about.

If he were into you, he would make more of an effort.

Move on.

Old 06-15-2013, 03:03 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Can we delete this thread? This was already posted..

Old 06-15-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
If he needs more time to get to know you but is barely making an effort to see you, he is not really into you and thinks you're just fine to pass the time with until he finds someone he knows he is crazy about.

If he were into you, he would make more of an effort.

Move on.
Well I told him that in a joking way that maybe he's just not into me but he denied it and said hes just busy. He seemed making an effort to see me once a week. Maybe that's all he could afford to give. But you could be right and maybe the only way to find out is if I leave and see what he does.

Old 06-15-2013, 03:13 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,066,067 times
I hate to agree with Wmsn4life but if he's so busy after 3 months (I'm guessing you're sleeping with him?) , how does he have time to date someone new rather than just see you twice a week? Dating site = looking for someone new, eventually he will take a new person out we can reasonably assume. It doesn't sound good. Sorry. You should be online too looking for others. Keep it balanced if you don't just ditch him. Best of luck to you OP. Did you see his profile so you know for sure? If so, I don't think you're doing yourself any good by continuing this, but you could give it a few weeks to see if he tries to see you more since you asked about it.

Old 06-15-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
I hate to agree with Wmsn4life but if he's so busy after 3 months (I'm guessing you're sleeping with him?) , how does he have time to date someone new rather than just see you twice a week? Dating site = looking for someone new, eventually he will take a new person out we can reasonably assume. It doesn't sound good. Sorry. You should be online too looking for others. Keep it balanced if you don't just ditch him. Best of luck to you OP. Did you see his profile so you know for sure? If so, I don't think you're doing yourself any good by continuing this, but you could give it a few weeks to see if he tries to see you more since you asked about it.
Yes I saw it. I will move on. What should I tell him?

Old 06-15-2013, 03:36 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
tell him you're looking for a relationship, not a weekend buddy.

Old 06-15-2013, 04:10 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missganda View Post
I have an idea what to do but just want some opinion from other people how to handle my situation.

I've been dating this guy for three months now. We're not exclusively dating which is what I wanted now. Before I was fine with our situation just to date and see how it goes. Last week, I've talked to him about my concern of not seeing him often and I said It would be nice if I see him once a week and to hear from him more. He said he would work on it and he seemed to be doing what he says.

What bothers me is, a friend saw him this week on a dating website and he's been actively using it. I dont know when he started using it or if hes been on it even before we met. That bothers me so I told him I don't feel comfortable if he's sleeping with other girls and if that his thing then I will move on. I've never said anything about a friend saw him on a dating website. He says he's not saying that he's sleeping with other girls but he needs more time to get to know me before he can say were exclusive. He says he likes me and hopefully it can lead to something more as we get to know each other. At this point I'm thinking I should just leave but part of me is saying he's a good guy and maybe he just really needs more time. He treats me well and seemed to be into me. But why can't he date me exclusively? He takes me out on real dates and usually involve dining and some activities. And sex is not always involved.

What do you guys think? I don't need to be lectured and be judged. What I need is advice about what to do at this point. Thanks.
Sometimes expressing are needs and wants push people away.

"I want to see you once a week...a couple texts or calls."

"Man she is sure demanding."

"I don't want you sleeping around...la da da da da."

"I think I'm starting to see what this girl is REALLY like."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships