Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 01:21 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,800,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKidMaadCity View Post
Are you more attracted to his body now though since he has put on muscle? Or did you prefer when he didn't look that way?
I like him lean with muscle, but I would never put pressure on him to look that way. It's not his natural build. He has a heavier build and naturally tends to bulk up. I like lean better, but I'll take him fat, skinny or too much muscle for my tastes. KWIM? If she likes you, this is a minor detail in the grand scheme of things. He cycles an hour to work and an hour home from work (I bike too). He's been doing this a couple of years now and didn't like his upper body not matching his lower body. I dropped martial arts to hit the gym with him and we do weights together.

My mother is a health and fitness fanatic. She's hyper critical of people and me and my sister. I acknowledge, I'm overweight. But it's hard finding that balance between being healthy and becoming my mother. I'd rather be overweight than be her.

Whatever you do. Only put on as much muscle as makes you feel happy and healthy. Don't do it for other people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 01:22 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,235,848 times
Quote:
I've been working out at the gym like a fiend these last few months, and results are finally starting to show. Clothes are fitting tighter too.
are you lifting for aesthetics, or do you train for a sport/s?

Old 06-17-2013, 01:26 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,580,136 times
I dont think there is any single good reason for guys not to workout. The benefits are enormous in every sense, and more attention from the opposite sex doesnt hurt either. Your health, the mental benefits and a long list of others, not to mention boost in confidence. With that said, Ive never met anyone who found buff guys attractive, outside of few steroid obsessed gym rat women. When I say buff, I mean bulky muscles with little to no definition, which is the reason I always wonder why so many guys want to get bigger. Lean muscles with great definition seem to be what everybody finds attractive, and yes it all does start with the nutrition. You could do a 1000 crunches a day but youll never see your six pack with BF above 10%. Do it for yourself fellas, noone else.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:27 PM

72 posts, read 206,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
are you lifting for aesthetics, or do you train for a sport/s?
Aesthetics. I used to box by my left knee is hurt and might not ever be the same again. It's been a year now.

I've been working out much more on compounds because I want to get bigger. Deadlifts, shoulder presses, military presses,squats, bench presses and clean & presses is what I spend my time on. But sometimes throw side laterals and shrugs into the routine.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:28 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,594,775 times
To the OP,

Here's a couple things to keep in mind.

1. What type of woman are you hoping to attract? While most women are attracted to physically fit men, if you have nothing else to offer, many won't waste a lot of time on you, unless they're just looking for sex, which may be all you're looking for right now.

2. While you may be able to stay in shape now, you'll find it a lot harder to stay in shape as you get older. A demanding job and the stresses of life might keep you from working out or eating healthy. So if you need a buff body to attract women, what are you going to do when you're no longer able to stay in shape?

3. While many women like men with great bodies, many will quickly lose interest if they see your lifestyle getting in the way. I've seen guys like this. They have a strict eating and workout schedule, which too often gets in the way of whatever plans the woman has for the two of them. Finally she decides it's no fun to be around someone obsessed with diet and exercise.

4. You risk giving women the impression that you're overly shallow and self-absorbed. Maybe younger women can overlook that. But I know that after a certain age, women decide it's not worth being with a hit guy if he acts he worships his body.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:30 PM

117 posts, read 60,730 times
Just 1 big one.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:37 PM

13,572 posts, read 9,586,462 times
Also consider cultural differences. When I'm back in my "native" culture (Eastern Europe), women tend to be impressed with my musculature. In the US, it matters considerably less.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:47 PM

855 posts, read 1,378,962 times
Quote:
I've been working out at the gym like a fiend these last few months, and results are finally starting to show. Clothes are fitting tighter too.

So women please post a photo of your ideal body type on a man so that I know how much more progress I need to make. Or describe it in words. Either is okay. I just need to get the perfect body and get buff. This is important to me and it's something I must achieve.

Post pictures.
Advice from a guys perspective?

Be cut and fit more than having huge muscles. This is most important. You don't have to be cut like a diamond, just don't have a huge mid-section. Focus on your body as a whole, not just the aesthetically pleasing parts.

Yes, women like nice arms and a nice chest, but it won't do you any good if the rest of the body is not on part. Don't forget about your legs. Guys look foolish with a prounounced, defined upper body standing on stick legs!

If your lady can run her toes across your abs, you're doing just fine.

Old 06-17-2013, 02:02 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,235,848 times
Quote:
Aesthetics. I used to box by my left knee is hurt and might not ever be the same again. It's been a year now.

I've been working out much more on compounds because I want to get bigger. Deadlifts, shoulder presses, military presses,squats, bench presses and clean & presses is what I spend my time on. But sometimes throw side laterals and shrugs into the routine.
I see. it takes heavy weights, dedication and most important of all, a good diet. Ive been hitting the gym 4-5 days a week for the past 11months trying to gain 10lbs of muscle for my upcoming Ironman event. I have to say, gaining 10lbs of lean muscle isn't as easy as i thought it would be, lol. I also run marathons and other triathlete events; so it makes it that much harder for me to put on muscle.

anyways, you should lift for yourself and not so much for the ladies. most women can really care less about muscle in the long run.

Old 06-17-2013, 02:46 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,537,716 times
I prefer overweight/chubby guys. I don't like the 'lean' look or the muscular look and 6 pack aren't attractive to me at all. The last guy I dated was 6'6 and around 240 lbs and that was about perfect for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships