Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 01:30 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,350,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post
Hmm...and the obtaining of an emotionally strong man vs. obtaining an a beta herb all happens in a bar typically where the game advocates men should find women.

I have nothing against going to bars, but the notion that it would be a proving ground for emotional strength seems a little silly. Especially if the so called demonstration of emotional strength is just based on a recommendation from another guy.
"Game" is not just used in a bar. It is used in everyday interaction and well into a relationship. "Game" is not playing games, game is redifining or tuning how you interact with the opposite sex.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:32 PM

13,654 posts, read 9,714,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post
Hmm...and the obtaining of an emotionally strong man vs. obtaining an a beta herb all happens in a bar typically where the game advocates men should find women.

I have nothing against going to bars, but the notion that it would be a proving ground for emotional strength seems a little silly. Especially if the so called demonstration of emotional strength is just based on a recommendation from another guy.
Exactly! And we should also realize that the "beta herbs" won't even be around the stellarly-attractive women. It's not that they make unsuccessful forays and become dejected over failure; or that once making partial headway, they allow themselves to be emotionally dominated on account of being so sexually enthralled. They simply do not partake of such an environment.

If we're going to devolve our focus to crudely simplistic criteria, I have this challenge to the OP: propose actionable advice on how 3 or 4 level-guys (on the infamous 1-10 scale) can attract 3 or 4 level-women.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:33 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
I've read a lot about 'game', PUA etc etc. and it's been invaluable to me. It's taught me exactly which men to avoid and how to stop their manipulation. I'm sure it's saved me a lot of hearbreak in the long run, and I advise ALL of my lady friends to do the same.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Well, so is ignorance and gape-mouthed shock over the obvious, but you don't see anyone getting points off for that.
Ignorance is vehemently denying that game works, despite ample evidence to the contrary.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:38 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
Ignorance is vehemently denying that game works, despite ample evidence to the contrary.
Correct. "Game" works, as you explicitly stated, on guys who are already attractive.

As far as that group is concerned, they could pretty much stand there and get dates, no game required, really.

For the rest of you who believe working out is a medieval torture construct and like to talk about their level 33 elf clerics on a first date, not so much.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:40 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,961 times
Quote:
I have a job, my own house, and a nice car. "game" is just part of my social interaction that accents my attractiveness to women. Like it or not, it works with finding a girlfriend, a wife, or a one night stand. All depends on how you use it and what your goal is

Or you could likely just be less of a chode and girls would be attracted to you anyways? I have known plenty of people "deeply" into the"game" and "pua" and they were all pretty much nerds. When they "picked up" girls, they tended to be creeps. They would just do weird stuff and were just awkward people.

If people want to do it, that's fine. But understand it's not for everyone. It's for people who seriously have personality flaws or even personality disorders.

Normal people should not need it. period.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:41 PM

1,510 posts, read 2,963,586 times
I'll bite.

Does "game" work? Sure, for some it does. Some guys are able to convey a certain attitude that garners attention from some women. And sometimes that attention results in a "hookup".

If what you're looking for is basically just sex with as many women as possible, then go ahead and use your "game" to your advantage. However, if what you seek is a relationship that lasts, why would you want to "game" your potential SO? Wouldn't you rather just be who you really are as opposed to a supposed playboy?

What interests me is that quite a few guys on CD claim they want to find a mate but then turn around and spout PUA and "game" strategy as the end-all be-all. I'm not saying that everyone is in that category, but I've seen some that are...

I don't have a problem with guys who use PUA tactics to get what they want, provided they are being honest about what they're seeking. I never used them myself (nor did I have to, honestly) but hey, I'm not going to judge. I don't measure myself or my "quality" by the number or league of women I slept with. I've always been me and as I've gotten older I've become more comfortable and confident with who I am.

--Dim

Old 06-19-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Correct. "Game" works, as you explicitly stated, on guys who are already attractive.

As far as that group is concerned, they could pretty much stand there and get dates, no game required, really.

For the rest of you who believe working out is a medieval torture construct and like to talk about their level 33 elf clerics on a first date, not so much.
Lol, you have a major fault in your logic. You are comparing one end of the scale to the other end. There are plenty of marginally attractive guys that women don't fawn all over just because of their look, but they aren't dorks either. They need to have some sort of edge. Enter, game.

And let's be honest, there is no hope for some dues. Dorks playing warcraft? Yeah, game is not going to help them.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Or you could likely just be less of a chode and girls would be attracted to you anyways? I have known plenty of people "deeply" into the"game" and "pua" and they were all pretty much nerds. When they "picked up" girls, they tended to be creeps. They would just do weird stuff and were just awkward people.

If people want to do it, that's fine. But understand it's not for everyone. It's for people who seriously have personality flaws or even personality disorders.

Normal people should not need it. period.
Haha. Don't try to get better with women, that's your choice. No one is forcing you to stop getting walked all over and falling in love with the first C cup that shows you interest.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:50 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Haha. Don't try to get better with women, that's your choice. No one is forcing you to stop getting walked all over and falling in love with the first C cup that shows you interest.
Women are nothing but objects to manipulate to you, are they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships