Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 06:48 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,418,446 times

Advertisements

There's a button that says New Thread, just as there is one that says Post Reply - it's not that hard to find, just click on it and the rest is pretty self-explanatory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 01:55 PM

372 posts, read 521,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
1. When he goes lap-dancing every night.
2. When he runs off with his best male friend who has a kid.
3. When he stop brushing his teeth and showering.

4. When he places an ad in the newspaper for a female roommate.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:38 AM

42 posts, read 49,071 times
Lack of communication, love and trust is lost.

This I can agree with. My wife won't communicate, lost her love for me and now I don't trust her.

But knowing the marriage is over in your head and then actually feeling it are two different things. I don't know why, but I don't what this to be over. They say love changes the brain chemistry and one doesn't always act rationally. Maybe that's it. I don't know.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:45 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,073 times
I wouldn't even forego therapy and everything else people do to "try and save" their marriage. The way I look at it is, if you lack feelings for your partner, you should get out asap b/c most likely you fell out of love for a reason. People don't change to suit others, they change to suit themselves.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:17 AM

124 posts, read 173,783 times
12:30

Old 08-18-2010, 01:59 PM

530 posts, read 901,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Very, very good question! For some people/couples it doesn't take years to figure out "this just isn't working", but for others it can take entirely tooooooo long.
What does it take before it is "finally" time to call it quits? What do you do when your spouse refuses to get help (marriage counceling)? What happens when your spouse spends a lot of hours at work and he/she doesn't have to? What happens when your spouse likes being married, but also wants to "act" single?
Just when is "enough is enough"????
My granny used to say...It's time when you ask, "When is it time." She also said...he's cheating when you ask, "Is he cheating." Can I piggy back this question? I don't get it. My friends say I'm all pro divorce & anti family when in reality the opposite is true. I'm pro marriage & all about family. I just don't want to be unhappily married & I'm not referring to the marriages that have problems. We all know that all relationships have problems. I'm referring to all the bull crap, the chronic gambling, cheating, lying, abuse, drug abuse type of stuff. I mean they complain from before being married year one til the time they divorce year 67 or whatever & really do you think that was ever good? But then I hear well you should stay anyway, what?! I just don't get it. I don't get once a cheater always a cheater & I don't get every man cheats or every man lies, or every man's a dog. But then I'm "one of them." NO, what I am is a single woman who happens to believe there are good men out there & guess what...some of them made mistakes. What is wrong with that? If I don't believe there are good men out there, then who am I going to marry? Oh, I know...NO BODY!
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 08-18-2010, 03:01 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
Quote:
When Is It Time For A Divorce?
When you find your wife in bed with the garbageman.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:23 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,524,876 times
It's time to end a relationsihp when one (or both) has moved on.

When there is a compelte lack of interest in the other: no admiration whatsover, zero attention, no feelings...nothing. When someone doesn't even get angry at another person, you can tell they really don't care anymore.

IMO, when you're still fighting, there is still hope because you at least feel something. Fighting within limits of course, because an abusive relationship should conclude in divorce ASAP.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:40 PM

2,119 posts, read 3,711,167 times
When the thought of divorce enters your mind, counseling should be considered.

When it's a matter of irreconcilable differences, then it's time to divorce.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:44 PM

13,447 posts, read 15,466,742 times
The minute the trust is broken. Trust is integral to our relationship, and once that is gone from either side, it's time to pack it up. I do not believe in sticking together for the sake of kids, neither do I fear the world is going to end because I become a single mom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships