Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you a Virgin?
Yes 98 28.74%
No 243 71.26%
Voters: 341. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 11:02 AM

465 posts, read 2,426,221 times

Advertisements

I'm not virgin, but I decided the next man I sleep with will be my husband. What does that mean? I haven't had sex in about 7 years!

Old 10-02-2009, 11:05 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,477,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweloflight View Post
I'm not virgin, but I decided the next man I sleep with will be my husband. What does that mean? I haven't had sex in about 7 years!
It probably means that you are gonna WEAR HIM OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-02-2009, 11:50 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,096,626 times
I am not......but at 68 yrs old I"d be pretty strange if I was

Old 11-08-2009, 12:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,352 times
yes i'm a virgin and i'm 23 years old (female). lot of people have done everything sexual except penetration and they say they are virgins. i have never been kissed or touched. i had many opportunities but i chose to be this way. i'm not unatractive, and i keep my body in trim shape. i'm stating that because many will start thinking that i'm probably pretty ugly that no man would want me, or that i'm too cold sexually that i don't desire sex. i want to wait untill i get married and give myself to the only person that matters. it is a personal choice. i just find it amazing to explore myself with the man that i love. and i think i found the man that i want to spend my life with
am i growing impatient? yes ofcourse. do i want to be touched, yes of course, many times i feel the loneliness of my choice, but i have self control and strong belief in my choice. and i just hope my man will appreciate me.

Old 11-08-2009, 01:03 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,626,733 times
Virgin???? Do those really exist????

Old 11-13-2009, 01:45 AM

15 posts, read 64,468 times
Default The meaning of virgin

The word Virgin comes from the greek word Virgo, which means a woman who never had sexual intercourse with a man. A woman loses her virginity when her v* is touched by man or when sperms intrude into her canal. The result of losing virginity is most commonly pregnancy. Hence virginity has got greatest significance in a woman's life. In men, there is no indication of virginity and there is no mention of male virginity in any culture or tradition of the world. Literally, the male gender for this noun does not exist, although recent people falsely utter 'male virgin', which is not a valid noun. The word Virgin, by default is the female noun. The synonym of Virgin is Maiden in English, and Kanya in Telugu. Other synonyms can be innocence, fresh, purity, nobilty, untouched etc.

Old 11-13-2009, 09:58 AM

2,035 posts, read 5,033,797 times
Huh, cool perspective..

As far as myself, no..not a virgin.. yet, i also don't just hook up with every great arz i lay eyes on..and while i can respect someones decision to wait, especially when younger...there comes a time when you can't keep waiting..and as lion king said way back in this post, you are missing out on not only one of lifes greatest experiences..but you also are not understanding one of the deepest levels of one's self...when you never explore that area of the self..

As far as the moral side of things...i think part of this area is based in fear...but that is just my own opinion..

I was raised Catholic...and while i consider the fundamentals of my faith to make sense, i think it is wrong for anyone to tell younger more impressionable boys and girls that sex before marriage will automatically put you in the dog house..so to say..or that a woman who ends up pregnant, is also locked in the dog house for life...

i think that if "god" were such a being...then why would i choose to believe in such a judgemental being??...again, this is just my thoughts..

I believe that ..if he does exist..and i believe he does.. in some fashion,He wants each person out there to make the best decisions possible as they play their cards in the poker game of life...and that, barring murder, rape and the other horrible decisions, he wants us to understand our selves..but with respect to everyone around us...He wants us to understand, express,and experience what we are capable of in the sex department..It is part of how he made us...but with responsibility..and respect for the other person involved..

And when we make less than thought out decisions, he just wants us to aspire to make better judgement calls next time...you aren't gonna go to h**L. thats a fear tactic...

simply put, we were created with the desire to love another..and experience them in the flesh...why denigh one's self the experience? just always be respectfull and responsible and enjoy...who knows how long you will have the opportunities to pursue...

Old 02-24-2010, 02:45 AM

1,178 posts, read 2,954,890 times
Unfortunately

Old 02-24-2010, 04:26 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,403,002 times
I voted yes. Yes, I am a virgin.

Old 02-24-2010, 06:43 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,337,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girleylips View Post

Yes this is a personal question but i just want to know your thoughts.
If you are a virgin please say why and If you are not ,please explain as well as to why your morals are this way...
religion, brought up that way???
And if you are a virgin, do you believe in waiting until marriage?
Hey, where's the third option "not sure"? I mean what if your first time was so boring that you fell asleep during it and you blocked it out of your mind?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.